ive got myself banned from icecream at my local shop

mrtc

My friend works at the local shop where i buy junk when upset, yesterday i was so upset, as id had a bad day, i ended up eating 2 litres of choccy icecream, something i havent done in nearly a year.

Well just spoke to her and shes agreed not to sell me icecream ever.

Not sure if thats the answer really as i should try and work out how to stop binging when upset, but its a short term fix whilst i figure out what to do next

ugh didnt that make you feel sick as a dog mate?. Not sure i could eat that without being ill, but as you know one binge doesnt ruin a long term diet

Sounds like your friend is trying to do you a favour.

One thing you could do maybee is get a punchbag? then when fustrated/angry/upset...take it out on
the bag.

That way, your actually benefitting healthwise ;)

That sounds a good idea, will have a look in local paper, and maybe get a second hand one, cheers mr,

Felt ok last night but woke up at 3am and chucked my guts up,

I suppose it depends how far your second nearest shop is! In all seriousness though, a punchbag is a very good idea. I have one and it is a great stress reliever.

Had tummy ache all day, but had no sympathy as everyone has said what did i expect, lol

Been offered a full length punch bag for free, a work collegue has one hardly used in her garage

Ice cream is my one weakness… There are times when I find that I can eat a whole 2 litre tub of it if I’m bored (all my binges are triggered by boredom). It’s also a dessert that I just can’t say no to if offered, and I really need to stop it, not only for my weight, but also because I’m actually a bit lactose intolerant. Eating too much dairy soon leaves me miserable and paying for my sins.

Luckily, I have to walk a very long way if I want to specifically buy ice cream! A very strong deterrent. ^^

I bet the punch bag will work great for you. Redirecting any negative emotional activity into physical activity soon becomes a habit, so eventually your first impulse will be to use the punching bag. I did something similar with hula hooping. Any time I get bored now, I bring out the hula hoop and learn some new tricks. Fun and exhausting!

Back