I've got to gain weight??!!?

bluecatlady

So how messed up is this...
I had a BMI of 51 last week. My PCT require a registerd with gp starting BMI of 50 to qualify for the abdominoplasty I may need after I spend four years hard slog loosing all the weight.

A week into my diet my BMI is now 49 something, which means I'm now too light to qualify.....so, I need to gain three pounds over the weekend to make sure I registar heavy enough when I go see my gp Monday...

...of course when (yes I said when) I reach target I'll still need to maintain a BMI of 25 or under which is about 20lbs lighter than I wanted to get too for two years, which is understandable but it is lighter than I wanted to be...

...all of this JUST IN CASE I need the surgery.

I'm really glad I found out now rather than a month in and having to consider putting all the weight back on, but I'm also really upset because; I've been told I quailfy for WLS which I don't want, I'd rather slug it out myself. WLS would leave me with rapid weight loss and probably an even worse looking tummy at the end and then still no promise of a tummy tuck. Even if I had a tt the weight regain rates for WLS are high so I could get huge again.

I know I put the weight on and the NHS owes me nothing but as I'm saving the NHS a lifetime of aftercare costs by not agreeing to the WLS can't I trade it in for one small (possible) abdominoplasty, please, pretty please!! :sigh:

Anyway to try and make this a usefull post what are other peoples PCT statistics like, could I move somewhere better?

Last edited:
Back