I've joined!

Hi guys :)

Well, I posted back on the 2nd Feb asking about SW, and how I wanted to join etc etc, (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/349776-thinking-joining-slimming-world.html) and it has taken me this long to just get up and join! I've joined online as I work all the time and a group would be a faff for me really.

Background info - I'm 24, and I want to lose about 3-4 stone, and I'm a failed (about 50 times lol) Weight Watcher. I'm totally daunted by SW and there seems to be loads to take in! But it seems so popular, plus when I posted last time everyone was encouraging! I just don't know where to begin! Excited but scared too! Eeeeeeppp :p

Hi daisy and thisisit! Welcome! It does all seem a bit daunting at first but, once you've got your head round it, it's really easy and hardly any weighing out of things at all. You're free to eat pretty much what you feel like, as long as it fits within your Syns allowance so it's really unrestrictive.

Have a look through some of the threads on here and I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of it. If you're having trouble with any of it, just ask - we're all here to help. Good luck to you both and, most of all, enjoy your slimming journey. :)

Kathy x

Hi daisy

Well done for joining. I started out online and lost about a stone and a half on my own but then lost my way and joined group. Best decision I ever made, so don't rule out group totally. Maybe just hold it in reserve as your secret weapon. I always thought I wouldn't be able to make group, but actually it's easy because I enjoy it so I make time :)

Agree with the others. Once you get your head around it, it really is very easy to do! And this from someone who is very greedy and loves food! Good luck! Xx

Good luck daisy-janine and thisisit :)

I'm the same nelliestar lol. I can't be doing with a diet where I have to limit my food intake! xx

Hi daisy and thisisit! well done and good luck!

I was a three times failed weight watcher and I promise you after WW you're going to love SW :)

Thanks guys :) After doing WW it seems so odd that I can eat so much so I feel so confused haha - I had 2 eggs, ham and SW chips last night! and planning maybe a steak, salad and SW chips tonight or a huge stir fry! It's mad :p Just need to know my gin syns haha!

gin is 3 syns for 25ml. I'm a big fan of gin lol!

I have just joined too and I also have come over from WW. I feel daunted by all this food we can eat! I just need to remember to check and double check and rely on the plan. Good luck! :) x

Hi

I've just joined this website and will be attending my first slimming world group this Saturday.

I was on the Slimming World diet around 4 years ago and lost around 8lbs in two months and can't even remember why I stopped going now! I probably thought I was saving money by not attending and could do it on my own! Well here I am, tail between my legs asking to be welcomed back into the fold!

Do we all think the extra easy option is the way to go then?

Personally I love Extra Easy and do it all the time. It is just so Easy! :)

Hi Claire

Looks like you've done amazingly well! Have you managed to lose all that weight just on Slimming World? How long has it taken to lose your overall weight loss of 5 stone? That's fab!! :)

Yes it's all come off with Slimming World.

I originally lost 5 stone exactly with SW in 2011, it took 9 months. I then unfortunately went through a divorce and stopped doing it for a while. I did manage not to put it all back on though! I restarted the plan in January this year and I had regained 1st 12lbs. 12 weeks later and that is now gone again :) so its onwards and downwards now!

Thanks *blush* :)

I'm forever popping in and out of the forum and there are some awesome ladies on here who are always willing to offer advice and support as well :)

Back