I've lost my first jean size :D

Dolls&Pins

I am over the moon, My jeans had been feeling really baggy on my the past few days so I decided to put them on high degree wash cause I thought I had stretched them right out(When I first bought them they were so tight!) Anyway after they dried I put them on and they were still baggy, I have only been on slim and save 3 and half weeks so I was convinced that it was my huge stomach and legs that had stretched them to the point where they wouldn't shrink back to there normal size. I went to a clothes store, try on another pair of jeans of the same size and...They where too big :D tried the next size down and they fit. I couldn't believe it, I was almost crying with joy in the changing room. I still have 4 to 5 dress sizes to lose before I'm in my goal size 10 but still I really feel like I am getting closer and closer. Slim and save really is my dream diet.
Only my mum knows I am on this diet and yet I have had 2 other people ask me if I have lost weight, I'm in such a good mood :D

Woooo!! Well done hunny that's brilliant!!!

It really is a dream diet! It wasn't that long ago I was in a size 20 and I'm now a 12, keep going and you'll be in them 10s in no time!!

xx

I need to try some new jeans. My slim fit size 18s from new look uncover my butt cheeks when I lean over to the point they are sub-butt cheeks when I stand up again. My slim fit work trousers look like jodhpurs..... attractive much!

It's great isn't it! I'm wearing size 16 skinny jeans today, first wear from new and absentmindedly just pulled them down like they were jeggings when I paid a visit - without undoing them! Needless to say, they ain't skinny on me :)

5 months ago I couldn't fit in size 22 jeans with an extra allowance for fat thighs. And they fit inside my boots with room to spare. Back in September I could only do those boots up with thin tights on and a struggle!

No feeling in the world like fitting into a smaller size, congrats :D

Amazing, well done xx

Woooo!! Well done hunny that's brilliant!!!

It really is a dream diet! It wasn't that long ago I was in a size 20 and I'm now a 12, keep going and you'll be in them 10s in no time!!

xx

Hi I know this is off topic but I'm a similar size to your starting weight etc and just wanted to know how long it's taken you to get to a size 12 (wow!!!) and also what version of the plan did you do? I've heard there's no difference in weight loss between 4 pks and 3 pks plus small meal-is this true? Which did you do? Sorry for questions!

I start Monday and its a long time since I did LL so I'm nervous!

Hi I know this is off topic but I'm a similar size to your starting weight etc and just wanted to know how long it's taken you to get to a size 12 (wow!!!) and also what version of the plan did you do? I've heard there's no difference in weight loss between 4 pks and 3 pks plus small meal-is this true? Which did you do? Sorry for questions!

Hiya hunny, I started in September at a size 20 and got to a size 16 by November. I only half did the plan and always had little cheats so lost about a stone and a half. I came off plan at the end of November up until after Xmas and ended up gaining 9lbs (oops) then decided to get back on plan straight after and got to about 13st4 and then cheated again and went up to 13st6. I decided on 2nd Jan to stop messing around and just crack on with it. Since then I've lost almost 2 stone and dropped from a 16 to a 12. I mix it up and some days have 4 packs and on others I have 3 packs and a protein meal. I've been out quite a few times drinking and I've had a couple of meals out at La Tasca and just ordered protein tapas with no carbs. It's soooo doable! I just wish I'd have started properly the first time round because I'd be at goal by now!

xx

Hiya hunny, I started in September at a size 20 and got to a size 16 by November. I only half did the plan and always had little cheats so lost about a stone and a half. I came off plan at the end of November up until after Xmas and ended up gaining 9lbs (oops) then decided to get back on plan straight after and got to about 13st4 and then cheated again and went up to 13st6. I decided on 2nd Jan to stop messing around and just crack on with it. Since then I've lost almost 2 stone and dropped from a 16 to a 12. I mix it up and some days have 4 packs and on others I have 3 packs and a protein meal. I've been out quite a few times drinking and I've had a couple of meals out at La Tasca and just ordered protein tapas with no carbs. It's soooo doable! I just wish I'd have started properly the first time round because I'd be at goal by now!

xx

Wow! You're doing SO well! Congrats! :D
I'm going to start the 3 pack pd and a protein meal, so seeing that it works makes me feel better, thank you!
Have a great weekend! xxx

I am seriously beginning to think that at least one of the pairs of jeans I own have been mislabelled size wise....

my size 20 jeans that were tight at Christmas now literally fall down as I walk... I found a belt.. I'm on the last hole of the belt and can still feel them slipping... I can also take them off and pull them up without undoing the jeans or the belt...

and my 2 pairs of size 18 jeans that I have in the drawer from thinner days are STILL no closer to doing up.... It makes no sense at all... *sigh*

I am seriously beginning to think that at least one of the pairs of jeans I own have been mislabelled size wise....

my size 20 jeans that were tight at Christmas now literally fall down as I walk... I found a belt.. I'm on the last hole of the belt and can still feel them slipping... I can also take them off and pull them up without undoing the jeans or the belt...

and my 2 pairs of size 18 jeans that I have in the drawer from thinner days are STILL no closer to doing up.... It makes no sense at all... *sigh*

Sizings are all wrong these days! I can go in one shop and buy a size 10 top, yet in another I have to buy a size 18. Gone are the days when a size was a size!
Go on your measurements, and how you look - I don't want to get to a size, I want to get to a weight.
I do think sizes should be regulated again, but can't see that happening!
Oh well.....
xxx

I agree Nat... Things are crazy these days...

Like you say, I know that i am losing, certainly losing inches, and not all that bothered what size i actually have on the label... i would just like some jeans that actually fit! lol

I agree Nat... Things are crazy these days...

Like you say, I know that i am losing, certainly losing inches, and not all that bothered what size i actually have on the label... i would just like some jeans that actually fit! lol

Lol! I know what you mean!! I'm still in my pregnancy jeans - too loose, but my old one's just won't fit yet, arrrghh! ;) xxx

I get the whole sizing thing. One of the reasons I don't buy clothes online as I have no idea what size they'll turn out to actually be. I can even buy stuff in the same shop and the sizes will be totally different. If I ever have to buy trousers online I tend to end up going for mens sizes as it's inches so more likely to be accurate (then again not always the case, One pair of trousers I have are 50 inch, another are 40 inch, both fit and I'm actually 42-44 inch waist.)

Well done Dolls&Pins!! That is such an amazing feeling!!

My clothes feel loose, but I'm not going near my 16's before I go nearer to the 13st mark ... can't wait ...!

You have to be careful when comparing weight alone - height matters a lot! I'm the same height as you as I was about 11st going into 10st bracket before I was actually a comfortable size 12. Everyone's bodies are different so you may hit 12 a bit sooner than I did! :p

xx

Thanks for the info...wow-well done you for getting your head in the game-it's seems a lot more flexible to when I did LL!

Looking forward to getting started-although my energy levels are ok as ill be working full time this time round-scary! Xxx

Thanks for the info...wow-well done you for getting your head in the game-it's seems a lot more flexible to when I did LL!

Looking forward to getting started-although my energy levels are ok as ill be working full time this time round-scary! Xxx

No problem, I don't think I would have been able to do it if it wasn't as flexible to be honest. I only like mac and cheese and strawberry shakes so it can get a a bit repetitive haha.

That fact you're actually looking forward to it will set you off to a good start, just keep up that mentality and you'll smash it. I actually find it easier in work because I don't hide the fact I'm on the diet. I've been on it pretty much since I started there and apart from a couple of comments here and there nobody has really said anything, some people have actually started dieting because of me haha.

All the best if luck hun, I'm sure you'll be in the 12s in no time xx

Well done Dolls&Pins!! That is such an amazing feeling!!

My clothes feel loose, but I'm not going near my 16's before I go nearer to the 13st mark ... can't wait ...!

You have to be careful when comparing weight alone - height matters a lot! I'm the same height as you as I was about 11st going into 10st bracket before I was actually a comfortable size 12. Everyone's bodies are different so you may hit 12 a bit sooner than I did! :p

Hey Minerva-I think I remember you from the LLL forum in 2009-I lost 6.5 stone on it!

Thankful know that I'm a 10-12 at about 10.5 stone...seems a long way off as I'm now 2 stone heavier than when I did LL...feel scared to start the journey again...but gonna take it a small chunk at a time and in stages!

1st goal get through this half term at school...I'm a TA...it's only 5 weeks to Easter and I then a 3 day mini break pre-planned...so I'm gonna take that...didn't do any planned breaks on LL and I pretty much had no social life...determined to make this time work for me!

So goal one -Easter...I'm 18.5 stone or there abouts...ill know mon when I weigh in...hope to be 2 stone lighter by Easter!!!

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your support so far-will start a diary Monday!

I_dream_slim

I've just realised the weight of my phone in my pocket is yanking my jeans now too low now but I don't wanna get a 16, I'd rather hold out for a 14....

Back