Extra Easy I've lost the plot .....?

Williams

Hi I've been doing slimming world since 4 Jan 2012, weighing in at 13 stone 7.5 lb I've been following the plan so well until I got my 2 stone award in July since then its all gone wrong..... I've barely lost 5 lb in 4 months and its so disheartening to keep putting on, Sts them lose 0.5 lb. I've missed the last 2 weigh ins because I can't face seeing Sts or gains anymore. I'm due to go tonight and it totm for me so its not gonna be good.
I don't no how some people can lose 2-4 lb a week I can't lose that in a month... I'm following EE and I do mix my healthy extras up, I count my syns and I walk my 2 terriers 2-3 miles a day...... Where am I going wrong??
I was so close to getting my 2.5 award and getting in the 10's and I'm dreading tonight's weigh in it could put me months behind ........ :(

Have you been doing food diaries?If not Id do one and see if you Consultant can have a look at it and see why your not loosing? DO you get all your superfree with every meal? What kinda things do you eat xx

It's hard to say without seeing a diary, how many syns are you having? try playing about having more one week and less another as some people need more some people need less. Make sure your having your superfree with everymeal. Def do a diary and ask your consultant to look at it as well, there could be something slipping in there which you think is free but isn't

Do you buy countdowns? I find that if I know I have paid up front, I don't have the option of missing a group cos it would be a waste of money. Its that little bit of motivation that I need. I'm having trouble losing at the minute too, but when I really think about it, I can pinpoint why...the occasional cracker with butter, the bite of cake here and there, using too much milk, eating white bread on occasions. Is there any little thing that you're doing (sneaking a biccie?) that you forget about? The food diary is a good call, even if you just do it on the SW website. xxx

I think it's like any diet in that it is really easy to sneak things in and not even realize that you're doing it. I used to just count calories and I was religious about it, but even I would catch myself "forgetting" things.

If you don't keep a diary maybe start and post it on here. I haven't been doing SW long enough to point out when people are messing up, but there seems to be some real wizards on this site and I have noticed that when people post a food diary looking for help there are always some really smart posters who can find all kinds of hidden syns that the OP didn't know were there.

I think we all know your pain though. Hang in there! There's nothing more discouraging than working your butt off and seeing no change on the scale, but it happens to everyone sooner or later. I didn't lose a gram this week and I almost went crazy.

sounds very familiar. i've been bouncing round the same 3 or 4lbs for about 5 months now. its deeply frustrating and forcing myself to go to weigh in when i know i've gained AGAIN is hard. i do force myself though, because if i miss a week, then the following week i've still got a gain. and the longer i'm away from group, the bigger the gain gets. and i know that if i leave it 2 weeks, then i'll just stop going altogether, and then i'll put it all back on in no time. i know this because i did it 2 years ago. its humiliating, and there's always someone there who's lost 3 stone in the time i've lost 3lbs, but as long as i keep going, i'm not going to gain.

i know its me, not SW. i know when i'm not sticking to it properly. a lot of the time i think i deserve better losses but its tough, i'm not getting them so i need to try harder. go to weigh in tonight, know what you're dealing with. the temptation to say oh sod it, i'll go back after xmas at this time of year is huge. i'm not doing it this year though, or it will just be another stone to lose AGAIN next year.

Well my weigh in isn't as bad as expected, I had a 1/2 lb loss can't believe it....
Thank u for your replies I don't do food diarys but I might do one this week, I do buy countdowns.
Will try so hard this week to get a 1lb loss and to get my 2.5 stone award :)

I think it's like any diet in that it is really easy to sneak things in and not even realize that you're doing it. I used to just count calories and I was religious about it, but even I would catch myself "forgetting" things.

If you don't keep a diary maybe start and post it on here. I haven't been doing SW long enough to point out when people are messing up, but there seems to be some real wizards on this site and I have noticed that when people post a food diary looking for help there are always some really smart posters who can find all kinds of hidden syns that the OP didn't know were there.

I think we all know your pain though. Hang in there! There's nothing more discouraging than working your butt off and seeing no change on the scale, but it happens to everyone sooner or later. I didn't lose a gram this week and I almost went crazy.

I had many many weeks when I only lost half a pound although I was always always 100% on plan! But I stuck it out and got to target. Our bodies play funny games sometimes dont ;they. You will have a good loss next week, sometimes it plays catch up :)

Back