Ive moved to weight watchers!!

Mandy123

Hi all, well i lasted 3 weeks with slimming world, i kind of enjoyed it and lost 8 lb which is brill but i found i was eating the same things all the time ie rice, jac pots etc and didnt feel as if i could have yummy snaks which i craved constantly!
One thing i did notice was how expensive slim world was, i tried to feed the whole family the same food but as there are 6 of us in total i was constantly broke. Anyway ive eaten well today with ww and just polished off a ww ice cream and am now feeling totally satisfied, different diets suit different people and i think ive finally found one to suit me!! Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys x

Nothing is banned on SW, thats why the daily syns are there :) plus i spend alot less on lunch now than i used to before i was healthy eating... good luck with WW - that didn't work for me, as i hated 90% of their branded foods lol

Did ww and put it all plus more back on.
If you don't actually change your eating habits, you will repeat the cycle.
SW teaches you how to eat healthly with few treats x

come bk to slimming world

Hi all, well i lasted 3 weeks with slimming world, i kind of enjoyed it and lost 8 lb which is brill but i found i was eating the same things all the time ie rice, jac pots etc and didnt feel as if i could have yummy snaks which i craved constantly!
i am also a family of 6 ,, but what i find with slimming world is all the goodness in fresh veg that is in all meals we have ,,, and filling too, trying all different recipies out from others gives you the motivation to carry on , with weight watchers i find limitation in a meal , and was hungry alot , hope it works for you but try slimming world again and recipies you wouldnt normally have at buget prices alot of things are on offer.. batch cook and freeze,,, xx

Slimbysummer said:
Did ww and put it all plus more back on.
If you don't actually change your eating habits, you will repeat the cycle.
SW teaches you how to eat healthly with few treats x

And I bet there are people who say the same about SW ;)

WW also actively promotes healthy eating and cooking from scratch - same as SW. But you're right whatever diet you do if you don't change your habits it'll all go back on. :)

Pepsi77 you will have to tell me your secret how you do your family shop for 50 quid a week!! ! Thats amazing is that including toiletries and everthing else not just food? As i meant shopping as a whole not just food, i meant my whole shopping bill had increased since joining slim world! Anyway im noy gonna run sw down as i know lots of ppl who hav lost loads but it wasnt for me

Good luck with ww. I have done both and both worked. I loved ww when I had more to lose, was breastfeeding and got time to do exercise (even just walking into town) as u get more points.

I didn't like how making a recipe from scratch needed everything calculated to work out points per portion. I love SW cos these meals are free and don't need to worry as much over what I am eatimg in terms of counting.

SW is more expensive but then fresh.fruit and veg is. Aldi are always cheap for fruit and veg tho, some frozen veg is brilliant too :) I agree with whoever said u cam.do it on £50 if

Oops - u just need to shop carefully. Our staples after fruit and veg are tinned tomatoes, potatoes, rice, pasta and just 2 types of meat. I just make things go further. We obv get more than that but I don't go for expensive brands.of things like yoghurt just go for one on offer.

Different diets suit different people. I think the WW Filling & Healthy plan looks very interesting and similar to SW. I've been tempted to try it out, as bread (albeit low cal bread) is a 'free food' on it. It's true that WW do sell their own branded foods at meetings, but you don't have to buy them and you can certainly follow WW without eating them! Good luck!

I have just switched to WW after years of SW. I always thought I'd never stop doing SW but I'd lost my focus and just couldn't get back on it.

I am finding it a bit of a pain tracking it all, but the website is brill, and the points go a long long way seeing as though fruit (even tinned fruit!!) and veg are free.

Good luck with it Mandy123. I intend to go back to SW once I've shifted this stone, but I needed a change in the way I ate to lose it!

jaylou said:
I have just switched to WW after years of SW. I always thought I'd never stop doing SW but I'd lost my focus and just couldn't get back on it.

I am finding it a bit of a pain tracking it all, but the website is brill, and the points go a long long way seeing as though fruit (even tinned fruit!!) and veg are free.

Good luck with it Mandy123. I intend to go back to SW once I've shifted this stone, but I needed a change in the way I ate to lose it!

Wow Jaylou - are you still doing weigh ins at your SW group? Fair play to you for not just sticking your head in the sand & getting frustrated. I often think that WW might suit my hubby more as you can earn extra points through exercise, and eat a bit more cheese! Do you think it would be easy for me to Point some SW meals so we can see if its feasible?

I am Kingleds, I joined WW online for 3 months, it cost £32 and I got £30 cashback from a well known cash back site (so I cost me nothing!) I love my SW group, and when I've shifted this stone I'll be back on SW to maintain. I haven't told anyone there though, they'd lynch me!!

It is easy to point meals up, but you will find that portion sizes need to be reduced (I did) but it's no bad thing. I don't have the extra exercise points, but it's not a problem if you want them. Mind you, I only get 26 points, he will no doubt get a lot more.

I haven't changed what I eat that much, just had one burger for dinner instead of the usual 2 - but then I shouldn't really be eating half a pound of mince should I?

The website is amazing!!

Hmm - interesting. I think online might suit him actually. Might have a looksee at that for him. Good luck with that final stone! I know what you mean on the burger front. Ate 2 hm quarter pounders myself the other night. Felt like a barge afterwards!

Horses for courses.
I've done both plans like many others on here, and have lost a decent amount of weight on both so I guess it comes down to what suits you personally.
I liked WW at the time, but did feel hungry quite a lot. But to me this was normal, you know - you're not dieting unless you're stomach rumbles...
However... I have never once felt hungry on SW, and I have discovered a love for cooking from scratch that I never knew existed.
I could never go back to WW now.
Good luck though!! :D

Thank you for all your replies, comments and views, at the end of the day we all want the same thing, which is to feel happier within ourselves, fitter and with a healthier lifestyle which i think both plans offer, so good luck to everybody with whichever healthy eating plan suits you and who knows one day i might treat myself to a pair of size ten jeans but i wont hold my breath as im currently 16 11 !!!!

Mandy123 said:
Thank you for all your replies, comments and views, at the end of the day we all want the same thing, which is to feel happier within ourselves, fitter and with a healthier lifestyle which i think both plans offer, so good luck to everybody with whichever healthy eating plan suits you and who knows one day i might treat myself to a pair of size ten jeans but i wont hold my breath as im currently 16 11 !!!!

Thats what i started off as a year ago -now 13,6! Okay, so i took the magical mystery tour via Dominos way, Vodka close & Wine avenue, so i haven't lost at the greatest rate, but its coming off slowly buy surely!

Back