• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I've noticed so many bad habits!

Laney

S: 11st9lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
On Day 3 and going OK apart from a dull ache in head (wouldn't really say a heache as such).

Anyway I have noticed things that I didn't really take any notice of before doing this diet like:

Taking a mouthfull of the kids cereal when it comes out the microwave to make sure it's not too hot :eek:
Eating the crusts that I cut off of their sandwiches.
Licking spoons
Eating leftovers and pinching chips

This diet has already got me thinking differently about food and I love it.

Elaine

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

gemjar

Climbing the mountain...
S: 16st9lb C: 11st5lb G: 10st8lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 5st4lb(31.76%)
It's amazing what habits you peg when you can't do them anymore! Mine was that I'd eat while watching TV and eat a load more than I should, I notice what I eat now and when I am full, which I never used to! Another one was licking excess butter off my sandwich making knife! I mean what kinda crazy is that lol?! And eurgh! Why did I do it?!

S: 13st13.5lb C: 13st13.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
yeah this was one of things i noticed early to.
mine was buying things from shop to walk home with. eating for boredom. eating while cooking

Felix

Gold Member
S: 14st3.5lb C: 13st5.8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.2 Loss: 0st11.7lb(5.86%)
Same here!! Munching on stuff when cooking, the sheer amount of takeaways we would have!! Buying crap to eat in front of the telly and snacks to eat after doing a shop at the supermarket.. Bleughhh

Book-Worm

Silver Member
S: 19st11.4lb C: 19st11.4lb G: 12st5lb BMI: 40.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Me, it's how much I used to "reward" myself with food. I worked hard to meet a deadline? I ate. I did all the housework? I ate. I finished the ironing? I ate. Etc.

Oh and of course I would it to "comfort" or "entertain" myself. :(

lshafik

S: 21st6.5lb C: 21st6.5lb BMI: 53.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Me, it's how much I used to "reward" myself with food. I worked hard to meet a deadline? I ate. I did all the housework? I ate. I finished the ironing? I ate. Etc.

Oh and of course I would it to "comfort" or "entertain" myself. :(
Yup - same here - how on earth do we get out of that cycle though.

I am learning not to eat crap at work which is helpful - I noticed how much was coming in and I was consuming.

I just don't want to have an unhealthy relationship with food like my mate has become recently.

She's so scared of putting on weight and doesn't eat!

Laney

S: 11st9lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
It's crazy isn't it!!!
One comment made to me before starting this diet was 'Go on Elaine, you never say no!!!'
That has stuck with me.
I also found a chocolate lime (I love them) in the glove compartment whilst getting the sat nav out, now that would have been gone before I had even turned it on normally! LOL.