I've run a half marathon

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by mandy296, 12 September 2011 Social URL.

1. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know its self indulgent to start a new thread, and I could just mention it in the running thread I'm already participating in, but I'm proud and I wanted to show off!

I ran the Bristol Half marathon yesterday in just under 2 hours, finished 4370 in a field of around 9000 runners, so just about in the top 50%.

Not too shabby for someone who this time last year couldnt run for a bus!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlies_mummy

charlies_mummy all for my little man x

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done you!!! x

4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    Wow! Well done you! That's my goal too-am hoping to do the Plymouth half in may x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

5. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    This is seriously amazing well done you! I've been running, only 5k though but would love to increase it. Any tips?!

6. Nics.ck

Nics.ck Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done you! I've just started running (ok I've been out twice) and I can only manage about a mile and a half! I can't imagine running as far as you so you should feel very proud of yourself....and in a pretty amazing time! So when's your next one? ;o)

7. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I might do the Bristol half again next year, but aside from that I wont be seeking out more half marathons and certainly not looking to do a full one. I will probably do the Bristol 10K in May, and maybe the new Ashton Court 10K, and I will keep doing my 5K parkruns.

I just need to keep the motivation now to keep running about 3 times a week to try and keep my weight under control - the marathon forced me to keep running, I might be tempted to slack off a little now, but I've found I really need the body magic in conjunction with the slimming world plan to keep anywhere close to target (and I'm still struggling and out of target range)

As for advice - just keep at the couch to 5 K programme, once you've cracked that just keep running and aim to carry on going out 3 times a week. I just made sure I did at least 3 miles/5K or about 30 mins 3 times a week, but would occasionally increase the distance. I dont think you need those Bridge to 10K type programmes - just run further and longer! (set yourself a target of going 4 miles instead of 3, or running 35/40/45 mins instead of 30). And if you do decide to do a half marathon, then just make sure you do a few really long runs to make sure you can do it (I did a couple of 8 mile runs and a 10 mile and an 11 mile run in the weeks leading up to it)

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Well done! That's a fab achievement and a cracking time too!!

9. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done you!! Excellent achievement - you bloomin' well SHOULD be proud of yourself!! xx

10. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow well done! You must feel so proud!!! Xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.