• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I've run a half marathon

mandy296

Silver Member
S: 12st12lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st3.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 3st1lb(23.89%)
I know its self indulgent to start a new thread, and I could just mention it in the running thread I'm already participating in, but I'm proud and I wanted to show off!

I ran the Bristol Half marathon yesterday in just under 2 hours, finished 4370 in a field of around 9000 runners, so just about in the top 50%.

Not too shabby for someone who this time last year couldnt run for a bus!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
mandy296 said:
I know its self indulgent to start a new thread, and I could just mention it in the running thread I'm already participating in, but I'm proud and I wanted to show off!

I ran the Bristol Half marathon yesterday in just under 2 hours, finished 4370 in a field of around 9000 runners, so just about in the top 50%.

Not too shabby for someone who this time last year couldnt run for a bus!
Wow! Well done you! That's my goal too-am hoping to do the Plymouth half in may x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

S: 16st8lb C: 13st4.6lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 30.3 Loss: 3st3.4lb(19.57%)
This is seriously amazing well done you! I've been running, only 5k though but would love to increase it. Any tips?!

S: 11st0lb C: 8st9lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 20.8 Loss: 2st5lb(21.43%)
Well done you! I've just started running (ok I've been out twice) and I can only manage about a mile and a half! I can't imagine running as far as you so you should feel very proud of yourself....and in a pretty amazing time! So when's your next one? ;o)

mandy296

Silver Member
S: 12st12lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st3.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 3st1lb(23.89%)
I might do the Bristol half again next year, but aside from that I wont be seeking out more half marathons and certainly not looking to do a full one. I will probably do the Bristol 10K in May, and maybe the new Ashton Court 10K, and I will keep doing my 5K parkruns.

I just need to keep the motivation now to keep running about 3 times a week to try and keep my weight under control - the marathon forced me to keep running, I might be tempted to slack off a little now, but I've found I really need the body magic in conjunction with the slimming world plan to keep anywhere close to target (and I'm still struggling and out of target range)

As for advice - just keep at the couch to 5 K programme, once you've cracked that just keep running and aim to carry on going out 3 times a week. I just made sure I did at least 3 miles/5K or about 30 mins 3 times a week, but would occasionally increase the distance. I dont think you need those Bridge to 10K type programmes - just run further and longer! (set yourself a target of going 4 miles instead of 3, or running 35/40/45 mins instead of 30). And if you do decide to do a half marathon, then just make sure you do a few really long runs to make sure you can do it (I did a couple of 8 mile runs and a 10 mile and an 11 mile run in the weeks leading up to it)

S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Well done you!! Excellent achievement - you bloomin' well SHOULD be proud of yourself!! xx

I will succeed!!!
S: 13st3lb C: 12st8.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st8.5lb(4.59%)
Wow well done! You must feel so proud!!! Xx