JACOBS JOIN IDEAS

Frazzle

Hi Everyone :)

This is the 1st week of my 2nd attempt at Slimming world and I am more determined than ever to get this right this time therefore, I fell in to a complete panic when asked to bring something to a University Jacobs join HELP!!!! I need something fairly quick and easy to put together, and something filling as I will be there all day. I had thought of taking a salad (easy option) but would like to take something tasty and a bit more interesting if possible too.

Any help would be very very much appreciated

thanks Frazzle ;)

How about the syn free soft cheese and some syn free chutneys? Or a big plate of marinated drumsticks (I like my piri piri marinade)? I've got a recipe for a herby potato salad if you want it? SW devilled eggs? Just say if you want any of these recipes.

Liz
X

Syn free soft cheese?!?! I didn't know this existed! I would love the recipe for that and the herby potato salad too if possible, all of these ideas are great, I fear if I made the piri piri chicken there would be non left by the time I got there :)

Thank you so much, I look forward to trying these :)

Syn free soft cheese

500 g pot Total 0% Greek yogurt
2 tsp garlic salt
A pinch of white pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried chives
Muslin square

Mix ingredients together and put into a sieve lined with a muslin, over a bowl, with a plate and jar on top to weigh it down.
Leave in the fridge overnight.
Serve!

Herby potato salad

700 g baby new potatoes, Jersey Royals if possible
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped chives
1/2 red onion, very finely sliced
freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Wash the potatoes. Cut any of the larger ones as necessary to make them all about the same size. Put into a saucepan, cover with boiling water from the kettle and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently until the potatoes are just tender when pierced with a sharp knife - this takes about 15-20 minutes. Drain well and put the potatoes into a bowl.
Briefly soak the slices of onion in the lemon juice.
Add the mint, parsley, chives, 3/43/4onion and lemon juice to the potatoes, and season to taste. Stir gently. Serve at room temperature.

Piri piri marinade

6 to 12 fresh red chillies, depending on how hot you want it
1 tbsp garlic, blanched and chopped
1 tsp salt flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tbsp paprika
50 ml red wine vinegar

Cook the chillies at 200 degrees for ten minutes and then cool. Chop and deseed them.
Whizz it all up until smooth and marinade your meat for as long as you can. I do it overnight.
Cook and serve!

All of these are free on EE. Yum :)

Liz
X

How did it go?

Back