Jade's Journey To A Slimmer, Healthier Me! (Pictures etc.)

jade.xoxo

Welcome to my food diary/exercise diary/general diary! My name is Jade, and here is a little background about me...

I started Slimming World 12th March 2012, after a year of suffering with wanting to do things with my boyfriend that someone of my size definitely could not do. I went along with my cousin who had been going for 5 weeks and had already lost nearly a stone! Our family has always been big, myself included. My first weigh-in I was so nervous, but everyone was very welcoming. I weighed in at a hefty 24 stones 5.5 pounds. It's going to be a long journey for me as I'm aiming to lose 14 stone!

I love my food, and I love takeaways (can't beat a large kebab really!), but it's got to the point where I've had enough and especially when I weighed more than my age.. (20 btw :)) I want to be able to do what everyone my age is doing, go to the theme park and fit on the rides and go on holiday with my boyfriend without having to buy two airplane tickets just for myself!

I have a supportive consultant, a supportive family, an amazing boyfriend who loves me and
everyone in my social networking including you at MiniMins.

Progress So Far:
Weigh-ins are on Mondays at 7pm!

Week 1: -11.5lbs
Week 2: -4lbs
Week 3: -6lbs
Week 4: -5lbs
Week 5: -5lbs
Week 6: -4.5lbs
Week 7: -7lbs
Week 8: -3.5lbs
Week 9: -6lbs
Week 10: -2lbs
Week 11: -4lbs
Week 12: -5.5lbs
Week 13: -3lbs
Week 14: -2lbs
Week 15: -3lbs
Week 16: -4.5lbs

Current Loss: 5 stone 6.5 lbs

Slimmer of the Week: 11 times
Slimmer of the Month: 4 times

IMG_5218.JPGPicture0006.jpgPicture0013 - Copy.jpgIMG_3482.jpg

Photos from left to right:

1. Me just before I started my journey, in baggy horrid black clothes
2. Me two months into my journey at which point I was 3 and a half stone lighter
3. Exactly 3 months into my journey!
4. Me and the group when I received my Young Slimmer of the Year Award​

Last edited:
08/06/2012 - Nearly 3 months into Slimming World!

Breakfast: 30g Bitesize Shredded Wheat with milk, strawberries and grapes (HEA)(HEB)

Lunch: Ham and Egg Salad with cucumber, lettuce, cabbage, onion, celery and beetroot

Snack: 4 x Melba Toast topped with Quark (2 syns)

Dinner: Cajun Spiced Chicken with rice and a salad of cucumber, red onion and lettuce.

After Dinner Snack: Vanilla Muller light Yoghurt

Body Magic:

30 minutes walking to the shop farthest away from me and back

45 minutes on the Kinect

And had a major spring clean of my bedroom!

Hi Jade,
Wow I had to read that a few times, 4st 8lb in 12 weeks is amazing :happy096: well done!! I can definitely relate to what you have said in your first post wanting to do what others your age are doing (I'm 26 BTW) and fitting in a plane seat. Good luck with the rest of your journey
Vickie x​

Thank you so much! I just want to push myself and make sure that whenever I do, I try my hardest to get to where I want to be. I know it's going to be long and I know it will take time, I understand all of this. I just hope I can help others as well.

Love the diary already!!
I too come from a big family - my bro and did have both lost then gained weight in their own ways.
My ex bf was very negative about my weight/look but I am happy to be married to a man who loves me for me - sounds like yr bf. he is very supportive of my weight loss and never criticises me if I don't loose much or eat something out of my syns (he doesn't realise much anyway)
It can be hard tho when he is sat eating chocolate and I have got some grapes, but knowing how happy I am when I loose weight makes up for it!!
You are doing amazingly well!! Keep it up :) xxx

Hi Jade, just thought I'd subscribe :) You've done amazingly well so far! Diary looking good too! X

WOW! You are doing so well - bet you are chuffed to little bits! Which plan are you doing do you mind me aksing EE, Red or green?

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies made me smile a lot like a proper goof!

I follow Extra Easy, and have done since the start, fits in with university and is easy to follow :) x

09/06/12 - Saturday

Breakfast: 35g Porridge Oats with strawberries and grapes (HEB)

Lunch: Ham, Mushroom and Cheese omelette with a mixed leaf salad

Snack: Vanilla Mullerlight Yoghurt

Dinner: Cajun spiced chicken and rice with salad

After Dinner Snack: Grapes while watching Only Fools and Horses ;) Gotta be done!

Body Magic:

30 minutes walking to river and back with the boyfriend :)

Last edited:
10/06/12 - Sundayyyy

Breakfast: Egg Soldiers (HEB) and a glass of milk (HEA)

Lunch: Ham Salad with lettuce, cucumber, celery, beetroot and onion. (MY MUM ATE ALL THE CHICKEN :mad:)

Dinner: Creamy Beef Goulash from the Free Original Recipe Book with rice and a whole host of vegetables

Body Magic:

45 minute walking with the boyfriend :)

Last edited:
Hi jade just read your diary and can totally relate I'm 27 and every year get asked to go to theme parks but always make excuses as I don't want to embarrass myself.
youre doing really well all that weight in such a short space of time I'm a little awed by you. Well done xxx

So inspiring, well done on losing so much in such little time, you'll be at target before you know it!! I'm subscribed and will follow your progress with great interest, keep up the amazing work Jade x

Awww thank you guys :') I really have been trying as hard as I can, i breathe, eat, sleep Slimming World at the moment. I'm going to take a picture on Tuesday as it's officially been three months since I started SW, so will be excited to see how much progress has been made between the two photos.

Hi jade..

Found your diary ;-)

Wow, you are doing really well to have lost so much in such a short time.
You are so dedicated to sw.
I will def be following your diary for some movitation.

Wow what a fantastic inspiration you are, I've subscribed to your thread to keep me on track!
I've done Cambridge and weight watchers but yesterday I decided to do sw at home as I have all the books etc.....
I just need to come on here for ideas and motivation.
Well done I look forward to reading your diary xxx

You mentioned in your blog that even if it reached 50 people you would be happy- I think you better prepare for it to reach a lot more people than that hun :) x

Back