Jalapeno's Hot & Spicy (read: dull and boring) Diary of Food

Jalapeno

Fed up. Used to be a member of MM years ago and forgot my password to rejoin. Also, I thought fresh start, fresh user name.
I was a bit namby pamby before, sat on the fence a lot, didn't get all that involved but this time I'm getting skinny and I'm loud and proud. So I'm not majorly overweight right now but I'm bordering on obesity at the top end of overweight. I could really do with shifting a quarter of my current weight but if I set my goal that low it'll never happen. Instead, I'm going a day at a time, hoping to be able to ditch the 16's and fit comfortably into my now redundant 14's which are resting patiently in my wardrobe (for the last 6 months!) I won't set a time frame as I have found to my disadvantage in the past that I don't deal well with pressure!
I'm already married so no goal for that, not got holibobs booked. Just hoping to fit into my clothes (because I'm skint and can't afford new ones!)

So, here we go. Blah, blah, going to be honest, blah, blah, write everything down. We'll see how that goes this time shall we?!

Good luck with that, then! I am trying to get back on track after Easter. I do find it a good idea to write EVERYTHING down but it only works if you first find your books (note to self-keep the bag the books are in handy, you dopey Wazzock!) And it does mean looking up some of the syn values - some of which will depress you no end!! I should actually be writing this to myself, I realise that but from tonight I shall be very good (cough cough!).

Thursday 4th April 2013
Extra Easy (if I can remember how to do it!)
Hex A - Milk
Hex B - Ryvita

Strange day to start a healthy eating regime but why wait until Monday?!

Cup of tea (These will always be will skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners and the milk will always come from my allowance)
Homemade Carrot and Coriander Soup
3 Ryvita (well Asda's own brand but hey!) 1 mini flake

Not sure how many I'm allowed until I start getting the books out again which I will do after I've tidies up my battlefield of a house!

3 more cups of tea
Pint of water
Glass of wine
Leek, potato and celery soup homemade
Tiny bit of rice, stirfried veg and sweet and sour sauce
2 digestive biscuits

Forgotten how hard it is to keep within syns and plans. Must try harder tomorrow.

Maybe I won't mention the chocolate I stole or the pringles!!

Next day now please....

Last edited:
Good luck with that, then! I am trying to get back on track after Easter. I do find it a good idea to write EVERYTHING down but it only works if you first find your books (note to self-keep the bag the books are in handy, you dopey Wazzock!) And it does mean looking up some of the syn values - some of which will depress you no end!! I should actually be writing this to myself, I realise that but from tonight I shall be very good (cough cough!).

See, we're all the same. I could've just written that. In fact, the bit about the books, I just did! I'm on it, for today at least.

I wish I didn't just think "oooh healthy eating. I'll eat this banana, this apple, ooooh some grapes". I know they're allowed but I don't need to eat them all just for that reason! I'm typing this 3 feet away from 7 Easters eggs. This is going to end in tears....

See, we're all the same. I could've just written that. In fact, the bit about the books, I just did! I'm on it, for today at least.

I wish I didn't just think "oooh healthy eating. I'll eat this banana, this apple, ooooh some grapes". I know they're allowed but I don't need to eat them all just for that reason! I'm typing this 3 feet away from 7 Easters eggs. This is going to end in tears....

7?! I did not get any (would not have wanted one anyway (she lied) but my young neice who is already getting weight obsessed was uncharacteristically generous and ordered me, yes ORDERED me to have a creme egg and a caramel bunny - so what can you do??!! Can you not put a tea towel over them???

Re: Jalapeno's Hot & Spicy (read: dull and boring) Diary of Food

Admittedly, half of them are the husbands. Might have to relinquish mine to him. I'm going to make some soup with some old leeks and sprouty potatoes instead.
It also might distract me from the over ripe bananas that are screaming at me to make into a cake!

Day 2! Started so well.

3 cups of tea
2 oranges

2 digestive biscuits
Mini flake
Still not worked out the syns but can't be over already. Will just have no syns for the rest of the day...

Huge bowl of Homemade leek, potato and celery soup with 2 slices of wholemeal bread and low fat spread.

Then we went shopping and it took ages, I hadn't got anything out for dinner so we ended up with a pizza! BRILLIANT!

Last edited:
hey, you seem to be doing well so far :)

From what I can remeber digestive biscuits are about 3.5syns each and no idea about the flake. hope this helps and i look forward to seeing how you get on x

hey, you seem to be doing well so far :)

From what I can remeber digestive biscuits are about 3.5syns each and no idea about the flake. hope this helps and i look forward to seeing how you get on x

Hi there, thanks for that. Still not found my books!
I forgot how hard it is to eat 100% on plan. I'm going to try again today but it's Sunday roast day and whilst I can make it nicely SW, it always seems to be a really bad choice

Sunday 7th April.
Yesterday was my first day at my new job and couldn't plan or think about what I was eating.

Breakfast/brunch this morning
Cup of tea
Porridge with allowance Sk milk
Banana
Honey
Cinnamon

So full now. Will have this again.

Dinner will be at about 5 or 6 and is roast beef, roast pots with frylight, leeks, carrots, green beans and maybe broccoli and cauliflower if I have enough stove space. Gravy, mustard and an aunt Bessie Yorkshire pudding.
Then the challenge of not having pudding and avoiding the chocolate and biscuits begins. I have to be at work for my first proper shift at 6am tomorrow so maybe I can just go to bed early?

Monday 8th
Up at 4.30am with a buttered bagel and a cup of tea. Quite an active job so that can't be bad.
More tea, ww soup and 2 slices of unbuttered WM bread, massive sleep, chicken stirfry with rice noodles, more tea, a glass of wine and a proper early night. I'm so tired I could cry
*disclaimer, I'm so tired because I haven't worked for 7 months and nother because I'm afraid of a days graft!

Hi. Just popped in to subscribe. I too am back on the SW wagon. Can't seem to do EE so I mainly do green days with the odd red thrown in
To mix it up xx

Hi. Just popped in to subscribe. I too am back on the SW wagon. Can't seem to do EE so I mainly do green days with the odd red thrown in
To mix it up xx

Hello and welcome. I can't seem to do any of it right now. My head's in the wrong place. It may not seem like I'm doing particularly well but I'm making much wiser choices than I did before so every little helps, right?!

Hello and welcome. I can't seem to do any of it right now. My head's in the wrong place. It may not seem like I'm doing particularly well but I'm making much wiser choices than I did before so every little helps, right?!

Oh definitely every little helps. We can all get like that sometimes hun. How long have u been back on it? Xx

Keep at it hun. It'll all come back and you'll be chuffed with yourself after your weigh in xxx

Tuesday 9th

Work is exhausting. Must walk about 5 miles every morning! Great for the magic though.
Banana on the go, of course with a cup of tea. Then I had an egg roll in the canteen and more tea. A mugshot and a ryvita and another banana and another tea. Walked around town too and I have blisters. Meh!

Have I seriously let this slip already? Blimey!
So a week on. Haven't weighed myself but nothing fits still and that's what this is about. I've got a glorious muffin top that needs to go. I find I'm eating more since starting work but it's good stuff and it's in the morning so that's something. Been coldy for the last 2 or 3 days too. Oh well.

Today I've had a cup of tea. Will do dippy eggs with wm toast and low fat spread in a bit. If I have 3 eggs, that'll take me through to the afternoon when I can have a banana and an orange. Loads more tea though and maybe water. Chicken something for dinner, or pork. Haven't decided yet.

Have I seriously let this slip already? Blimey!
So a week on. Haven't weighed myself but nothing fits still and that's what this is about. I've got a glorious muffin top that needs to go. I find I'm eating more since starting work but it's good stuff and it's in the morning so that's something. Been coldy for the last 2 or 3 days too. Oh well.

Today I've had a cup of tea. Will do dippy eggs with wm toast and low fat spread in a bit. If I have 3 eggs, that'll take me through to the afternoon when I can have a banana and an orange. Loads more tea though and maybe water. Chicken something for dinner, or pork. Haven't decided yet.

hiya hun im joingin sw tonight and have staryed a food dairy too, even cutting back will help until:)you get your head around it properly again... iv been a wwer so getting my head around slimming world will be tough!! good luck and keep at it :):) you can do this :)

Back