Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaly

Gold Member
Hiya :) More about my journey can be found on my old pro-point diary (http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/273841-jalys-diary-snackaholic-26pp-day.html)

Basically, I've now hit maintenance after a real lifestyle change and with the support of all you lovely people and I've really I'm getting a bit obsessed with calorie counting/point-watching and weighing portions and so i'm resorting to just a 'healthy eating' diary using SF as a guideline I can be a bit more laidback when it comes to food and hopefully end this losing streak before it becomes too unhealthy! I currently weigh 7st 12lb and began my weight loss journey at approximately 10st. My name's Libby and I'm a student currently studying A-levels - I'm aware that my obsession with food has began to take a toll on both my stress levels and my relationships with both family/friends and so the beginning of this diary marks a new start to a healthy maintenance plan!

Today (Day 1 of week!)
Breakfast: Wholewheat toast, Egg
Morning: Banana
Lunch: Roast beef, Mixed vegetables, Gravy (1), New potatoes
Afternoon: Apple
Dinner: Light choices chips, Quorn mince with onion, tomato + 1/4 tin baked beans (+ seasoning)
Dessert: WW Apple Crumble (5) Raspberry ripple ice cream (2)

Drinks: Water
Exercise: 70mins walking, 10mins 'Just Dance'

Might mix up the sf/pp days if I have a really snacky day for some reason :) '26' being the points allowance for such days.

Weeklies remaining: 82/90

Last edited:
Welcome to sf! So much easier than pointing! And wow u get 90 weeklies now!!! Yay!

Looks like a good day Libby (I am in the habit of calling you Jaly!!) very proud of you having desert :) x

Just remember if ur having 90 weeklies u should stick to the 26pp allowance if urge doing a mixed wk of pp/sf ! If it's just a pp wk u have 32pp a day! Just incase u dint no!

Desert sounds good! How does the ww apple pie taste? I love apple pie!

Hey!

You've moved over to here!! Hello!!
You'll love SF! So much freedom, no weighing involved. And....Libby!! I always call you Jaly lol!!

Good Luck maintaining! We can do this together. I'm also struggling with maintaining. It's crazy we lose all this weight and then once it gets to the easy part you think we'd be able to do it. I guess obsessing with food and points for so long era programmed into us and is hard to shake out.

Thanks Rockchick ;) Went to bed early and still woke up with a horrible headache which I can't seem to shift (with a whole day at school/no frees this should be a fun day ><) and I needed some comfort food :) I don't mind being called Jaly, some people in 'real life' call me Jaly through force of habit also :p

Thanks for the info Sarah, I'll keep it in mind! :) The WW crumble was a little bit disappointing tbh, it was a bit dry (hence the ice cream added!) and you could definitely tell it wasn't 'full-fat' but it was nice to satisfy the cravings.

Hey Purple! Thanks for dropping in, as for maintenance, we can do it :) I'm already finding myself worrying less about eating more healthy food etc for not having to point a bigger serving and feeling a lot more satisfied because of it. I think SF will just keep me on track and stop me spiralling into bad habits and it will allow me to listen to my body/eat when I'm hungry too! :)

Weeklies remaining: 81/90

Day 2: (and loving it already!)

Breakfast: Quark, Sweetener, Banana (very filling!)
Morning: Apple
Lunch: Jacket potato, baked beans
Dinner: 1/2 wholemeal baguette, Low-fat soft cheese, Cooked turkey slices
Supper: Sugar-free ice pop, Wholegrain pasta, Ham, Cheese (1), Mixed vegetables

Drinks: Water, Extra light Ribena
Exercise: 70mins walking, 90min Karate lesson

Last edited:
Sweetener is free! I couldn't live without it!

Where does the name Jaly come from? I'm just nosey lol :p

Feel free to call me Laura much shorter than typing icklerockchick! X

Hi Libby, (it's strange calling you that now lol) I'm soooo glad to see you are eating proper meals/food. At least your body is now getting the vitamins/iron etc to function properly. Hopefully you won't be so tired, stressed and feel more energised.
Can I ask, what is SF? I'm intrigued. I know it means simply filling but is this offered once you maintain your weight? Your meals sound lovely and really healthy too.
Good luck on your journey hun, I agree about the support on here, it's amazing!! xx

Last edited:
Hi...Libby ;0)
Welcome to sf..hope you enjoy it and well done for realising how things were affecting your every day life,hope you have a good day :0)

Fab to hear about sweetener :p And Laura, I'm a bit of a geek, 'Jaly' was just a shortened version of 'Jalynah' which was my character name in an online game and I carried the nickname forward to various forums etc :p

SF can be used for either maintenance or weight loss and there's basically a list of 'free' foods (wholegrains/lean meats/fruit/veg etc) and you have 49 weeklies for anything else (90 if you're maintaining) so it encourages healthy eating too!

Thanks very much for your kind words, it's so nice not to be stressing over food tbh!xx

I'm already cheating though - I've decided all wholegrains will be free (wraps/pittas/baguettes) even though they shouldn't be strictly :p

Is extra low-fat soft cheese free?x

Subscribing!! Xx

Hey Libby (its going to take some getting used to calling you that rather than Jaly), nice to see you have hopped over to this bit of the forum. It sounds like SF could be just what you need now maintaining and trying to take the focus away from obsessing over points/ calories etc. You've done so well to get where you have but I reckon you do need to start to enjoy it.

Food looking fab :) Shame that the crumble was a bit disappointing - i was quite excited about the prospect of 5pp crumble. And i really wouldn't worry about counting other wholegrain stuff as SF, I think we all have a couple tweaks we have incorporated into the plan.

Perhaps ww should note our tweaks cause if we r loosing with the tweaks there's no reason y they shouldn't add it to the list!! :)

I agree Sarah! ;) Basically, I need to make tweaks because I don't do the grocery shopping but so far my only cheating will be wholegrains and semi-skimmed milk being free as I can't convince my Mum to buy skimmed milk, she says it tastes like mouldy water :p

Maths homework at 9pm isn't fun, urgh! didn't have time to do it earlier because of Karate - i'm sure there's some rule against giving homework and expecting it in the next day?!

I used to hate that when my kids got homework and it was due the next day! Would often happen on a day when lots was going on! Hope you enjoyed Karate and you get the homework done ok :0)

Think I can make a pretty good judgement by eye of what a suitable portion size is on things like rice/pasta etc which are very easy to over-eat on :) Usually I would've steered really clear from eating this late but was feeling peckish after karate so had some cheesy pasta with veg, comfort food for only 1 weekly! Sweet! I love SF already :)

I cheated on the homework, missed out a couple of questions, early start as I have a meeting tomorrow morning so I really can't be bothered with the last two :p Thanks for all your wonderful support!

You're almost at maintenance anyway Clare! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back