jamies 30 minute meals

Little_Jade

Just been watching this, he says his meals are healthy although every time he seems to use a full bottle of olive oil!

Little_Jade said:
Just been watching this, he says his meals are healthy although every time he seems to use a full bottle of olive oil!

The guy is warped.... He says a drizzle of olive oil and then drenches absolutely everything in it - it's crazy!!!! His is such a dick (excuse y French) lol

I really like Jamie's food - I've never cooked a recipe of his which has been a failure.

Yeah his drizzles are more like glugs, but you don't have to do it and the food is no worse tasting for it. I make his risottos all the time and I never finish them with a knob of butter or olive oil as he suggests, they are still lovely.

It's just all about adapting the meals.

As previously said, he's not on a diet!!!

All TV chefs are the same to be fair, I love Jamie and Nigella (and her meals really aren't diet food) but you can adapt almost any recipe. I do miss some of Nigella's sweet recipes, I used to make strawberry and almond crumble, that was gorgeous. Might have to treat myself one day and make it again (one week when I need a gain or don't want a loss)

The guy is warped.... He says a drizzle of olive oil and then drenches absolutely everything in it - it's crazy!!!! His is such a dick (excuse y French) lol

A bit harsh!!

Princess_Stevie said:
A bit harsh!!

Harsh maybe if your opinion is different however I just can't get my head round the guys crazy mannerisms - personal opinion!

He does great meals - I never slated his cooking ability and I actually own several of his cook books , I just dont get the whole drizzle or pinch bit when its a more exaggerated or the way he does those crazy facial expressions everytime he puts food in his mouth.

I never said his food wasn't nice or that his food isn't directed at people on diets..... That's not what his prides him self on, he does great food and has some great ideas just makes me crack up with his whole stupid mannerisms !!!

See it as harsh as you like calling him a dick was mild

Harsh maybe if your opinion is different however I just can't get my head round the guys crazy mannerisms - personal opinion!

He does great meals - I never slated his cooking ability and I actually own several of his cook books , I just dont get the whole drizzle or pinch bit when its a more exaggerated or the way he does those crazy facial expressions everytime he puts food in his mouth.

I never said his food wasn't nice or that his food isn't directed at people on diets..... That's not what his prides him self on, he does great food and has some great ideas just makes me crack up with his whole stupid mannerisms !!!

See it as harsh as you like calling him a dick was mild

:eek: Wow, lol.

That wasn't a dig at you by the way, you seem to have taken it quite personally by the look of your reply. I just don't get how he is a "di*k" because he uses so much oil? But hey, like you said, we all have an opinion.

I really like Jamie, I like his love of food and, for me, the programmes reflect that. I also like the way he campaigned tirelessly for good grub in our schools.

All a matter of opinion of course.

Princess_Stevie said:
:eek: Wow, lol.

That wasn't a dig at you by the way, you seem to have taken it quite personally by the look of your reply. I just don't get how he is a "di*k" because he uses so much oil? But hey, like you said, we all have an opinion.

Lol no not personally hun just didn't want you to think it was just the oil thing - I just think his a bit weird all together but like I said can't really knock the guys food his great and ok if I'm really honest maybe a little harsh I mean credit where credit is due takin on school meals etc ... Just don't get his strange outbursts when he tastes the food haha

I love his food but find him really irritating! I often use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil as my b healthy extra because I love the flavour and a little goes a very long way. My consultant thinks I'm mad though!

Back