Jaq's Most Likely Sporadic Food Diary

Jaq

Silver Member
Well I've been doing Slimming World since October now and at one point had lost over 4 stone although 2 weeks all inclusive have left me with an impressive 11lb gain.

Am back on plan now and, as I weigh in on Tuesdays, am hoping to claw some of it back this week before my best friend gets married on the 22nd June. I've bought a dress for her wedding in a size 16 and I intend to fit into it.

I mostly do ee days with a few green mixed in if I have a vegetarian tea planned and feel like some extra hex's.

Anyways:

Sunday 10th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana (Ate really late because I didn't get sorted until 10am and had to grab this on the run)

Lunch - Prawn sandwich (Hex B for bread), Blueberry activia 0%, Cherries

Dinner - Smoked salmon fillet, green beans, broccolli, petit pois, large flat mushroom. Hartleys sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)

Snacks - 1 slice of Hovis Wholemeal Bread (3 syns), Multipack bag worcester sauce french fries (4 syns), Melon slice, Pepsi Max, Options Mint Flavour (2 syns), Glass of skimmed milk (Hex A)

Total - 9.5 syns

Not too bad but only because I have no sweet things in the house. They are my downfall!

Monday 11th June 2012 - Green

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (Hex B) with Skimmed Milk (Hex A) and sweetner

Lunch - Tuna mayo sandwich (Hex B for bread) (0.5 syns for mayo)(5 syns for tuna), multipack bag french fries (4 syns), pepsi max, hartleys sugar free jelly (0.5 syns), cherries

Dinner - 5 bean chilli and rice, activia 0% yoghurt, melon slice

Snacks - Banana, Options caramel flavour hot chocolate (2 syns), Hartleys sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)

Syns - 12.5 syns

Today was originally going to be a red day hence the tuna but the vegetables that I was going to have for dinner come up at 8 syns and I begrudge spending 8 syns on something I could make myself for free. So switching to a green day and will just syn the tuna as it's the lesser of two evils!

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th June 2012 - Red

Breakfast - Weetabix (HexB) and Skimmed Milk (HexA)

Lunch - Tuna Mayo Sandwich (HexB for bread) (0.5 syns for mayo),Multipack bag French Fries (4 syns), Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries

*****Weigh In*****

Dinner - Something probably not quite on plan depending on how my WI goes. It won't be something that's very very bad. Most likely will be a crusty cheese and pickle roll if Co-Op have any left by the time I get out of class which won't be until 8:30 tonight.

Snacks - Banana

Have high hopes for tonights WI as I have been 100% this week apart from some naan bread I munched on Friday night and have done SW for so long now to know that a small transgretion shouldn't be obsessed over. Also didn't weigh in last week as class was shut so hoping for 4lbs+. We'll see!

And the WI result was 5.5lbs off! Very pleased with that as it's half the gain off. Onwards and downwards!

Thank you! I'm really pleased with it!

Wednesday 13th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Strawberries and Raspberries with sweetner

Lunch - Tuna Sandwich (0.5 sysn for mayo) (HexB for bread), 3 x Babybel Light (HexA), Multipack Bag French Fries (4 syns), Activia 0% Yoghurt, Pepsi Max, Peach

Dinner - Jacket Potato with Chicken, Sweetcorn and Extra light Mayo (1 syn), Sugar Free Jelly (1 syn)

Snacks - Banana x 2, Rocky Road Hi-Fi Bar x 2 (6 syns)

Syns = 12.5

Not enough superfree with my meals today I know, especially dinner but I was at a friends house so couldn't do anything about. I had a banana on the way there though to try and help a bit hence my two banana day. Must try harder tomorrow!

Thursday 14th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Strawberrries and raspberries with candarel

Lunch - Innocent aubergine moussaka veg pot (2.5 syns), Activia 0% yoghurt, Pepsi Max, Cherries

Dinner - Salmon fillet, Green Beans, Broccolli, Petit Pois , Activia0% yoghurt

Snacks - 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Bar (HexB), 2 x Aldi less that 70 cal bars (6), Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Syns - 10.5

Just discovered that I'm going out for an indian on Saturday night and then a roast dinner on Sunday so trying to save up a few syns because I know, as much as I say I won't touch naan bread etc,that I'll munch a bit of someone elses so best to be prepared!

Last edited:
Friday 15th June 2012 - Green

Breakfast- Punnet of strawberries and candarel

Lunch - Aubergine Moussaka Veg Pot (2.5 syns), Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries,2 x Aldi 70 Cal Cereal Bar (HexB), Pepsi Max

Dinner - Ikea vegetable pasta (HexA) diet coke, 2 x aldi 70 cal bars (HexB)

So today went off plan because we left earlier than I expected to drive to Skegness so instead of my planned dinner we stopped in Ikea on the way. Had the best thing I could considering. There was hardly any sauce on it so going to be cheeky and Count this as my HexA cos it was cheesy. I don't think it can be so bad as to cover both my HexA but can even count it for both if needs be. **tweak tweak**

But then....we stopped for fuel and OH got a chocolate selection. I don't have choc around because I am so tempted by it but was feeling low about my mum so ended up having curly wurly (6 syns), mini dairy milk (5.5 syns), mini milky bar (5 syns) and a bite of a freddo (2.5 syns) so that was 19 sync of choc bringing me in at 21.5 syns for the day.

Oh well, not the end of the world and I haven't had all my syns this week so far so the extra 6.5 can come from there! Hope I have enough in the bank!

Last edited:
Saturday 16th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix, skimmed milk (HexA) and candarel

Lunch - Large portion of cockles, pinks and a little seafood sauce (3 syns)

Dinner - 2 x popadoms and pickles (13 syns) boiled rice, lamb bhuna (18 syns) and 1/2 a garlic naan (12 syns) Chocolate fudge brownie sundae (estimated 35 syns)

Snacks - 6 x hovis digestive biscuit (18 syns)

Syns - 99 syns!!!

Yesterday was a weird eating day because I'm not at home. We went to Skegness seafront and it was so hard to resist the chippies and ice cream but managed to just have seafood for lunch off one of the stalls. No superfree I know but ho hum.

Because lunch was so small I was starving by the time we got in and so had a couple of biscuits with a cup that turned into 6!

So... The Indian was ok. Food was lovely and the sundae was absolutist delicious! Need to do some damage control now though! It was well worth it though and I'm not going to beat myself up because I enjoyed myself!

Last edited:
On the slight plus side, have just checked the packet of the digestives and they are 37 calories per biscuit so 2 syns each meaning my biscuits were 12 syns not 18. Thank heavens for small mercies. Today is now a not much better 93 syns!

Sunday 17th June 2012 - Original

Breakfast - None as I woke up too late

Lunch - Pork, Beef, Turkey, Cabbage, Swede, Carrots, Peas (2 syns), 1/2 an individual yorkshire pudding (1.5 syns), 1/2 a stuffing ball (2 syns) and gravy (3 syns)

Dinner - Chicken wrapped in bacon with babybell light (HexA), Banana

Snacks - 3 x Rocky Road HiFi Bar (HexB x 1.5)

Syns - 8.5

I do love a cavery and for once managed to resist the roast potatoes although they did do boiled ones so I did debate switching to extra easy but decided against it. Ate so much veg at lunch time that I wasn't really hungry for my tea so just did the chicken as it was going out of date and had that. Was lovely though so will have to do it more often.

Monday 18th June 2012- Extra Easy

Breakfast - Punnet of strawberries with candarel

Lunch - Prawn sandwich (HexB for bread) (0.5 syns for mayo)(0.5 syns for ketchup),Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries, Pepsi Max

Dinner - Cheesy Mushroom Pasta (HexA for Philidelphia Light), Slice of melon

Snacks - Banana x 2, Weight Watchers Chocolate Cake Slice (4.5 syns)

Syns - 5.5 syns

Still trying to make up for the ove synnage of the weekend so clawing back a few today although I think it's too late! Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see!

ETA: Oh no - someone brought cake into work so had the best thing that I could hence the chocolate slice. Was nice though!

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th June 2012 - Original

Breakfast- Weetabix (HexB) with skimmed milk (HexA) and a bit of candarel

Lunch - Ham and Pickle Sandwich (HexB for bread) (1 syn for pickle), activia 0% yoghurt, cherries

*** Weigh In ***

Dinner- No idea

Snacks - Banana

Syns - 1 (so far!)

Argh, another WI and I don't think that I've done too well this week but I guess I'll have to wait and see tonight! Wish me luck ladies!

And the weigh in result is 1.5lbs off so very pleased with that considering my over synnage on Saturday night! 1 more weigh in for June and so would like to get a good number. Fingers crossed for the coming week!

Wednesday 20th June 2012 - Original

Breakfast - Strawberries and raspberries with a little candarel

Lunch - Tuna mayo sandwich (HexB for bread) (0.5 syns for mayo), french fries from a multipack bag (4 syns), Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries

Dinner - 4 x Weight Watchers sausages (2 syns), Eggs fried in Fry Light, Mushrooms, Ketchup (0.5 syns)

Snacks - Banana, 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Bar (HexB) Weight Watchers Carrot Cake (5.5 syns)

Syns - 12.5

Today was meant to be an extra easy day but it's turned into an accidental red day. Which means I can eat more having reclaimed 3 syns from my rocky road hifi earlier. Excellent!

Last edited:
Thurday 21st June 2012 - Green

Breakfast - Strawberries and Raspberries with a little candarel

Lunch - Jacket potato and baked beans, Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries

Dinner - Cheese and onion omelette (HexA for cheese), Spaghetti hoops, Mushrooms

Snacks- 2 x Aldi 70 cal cereal bars (HexB), Banana, 5 pieces of fudge (12.5 syns)

Syns - 12.5

It's also the wrong side of pay day hence the eating out the cupboards menu of jacket potato, omelette and lots and lots of baked bean. Lovely :confused:

Not sure what I'll have for my second HexB yet. Maybe a couple of slices of bread with dinner? We'll see.

Last edited:
Missed a few days because of the wedding but never mind. Friday was ok until we got to the hotel and really my food was alright it was just the large amounts of white wine that I drank afterwards that did me in.

Yesterday I was very very hungover and so had a bagel at lunch time and a chinese for tea but avoided fried food so am hoping for a stay the same this week if I'm lucky!

Sunday 24th June 2012 - Green

Brunch - Onion Bagel (Tweaking a bit here and counting this as 5.5 syns and HexB)

Dinner - Aubergine Bake (HexA for cheese) and rice, fruit salad, activia 0% yoghurt

Snacks - Aldi less than 70 cals cereal bar (1/2 Hex B), Rocky Road Hi-Fi Bar x 5 (1/2 hex B and 12 syns)

Syns - 17.5

Ended up having a bit of a hi-fi binge. This is why I can't have anything chocolatey in the house!! Oh well!

Last edited:
Ok, I've been AWOL fo a few days after the wedding but I am now back and on plan!

Wednesday 27th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Strawberries and candarel

Lunch - Ham and pickle sandwich (1 syn for pickle) (HexB for bread), French Fries (4 syns), Activia 0% yoghurt, Cherries, Pepsi Max

Dinner - Cheesy Mushroom Pasta (HexA for Philidephia Light), Salmon fillet

Snacks - Banana, Tasty Little Number Chocolate Biscuit Bar (5 syns), Watermelon

Syns - 10

Last edited:
Thursday 28th June 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Cinnamon and raisin bagel (11.5 syns), strawberries

Lunch - Baked potato and baked beans, Muller light cranberry yoghurt, Fruit salad

Dinner - Leftover cheesy mushroom pasta (hexA), salmon fillet

Snacks - Banana, Cherries, Aldi less than 70 cals cereal bar (1/2 HexB)

Syns - 11.5

Last edited:
Back