• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Jax LT Diary

S: 20st8lb C: 20st8lb BMI: 51 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Day 6 and first day of starting LT diary

I am nearing my first week on LT...am so relieved!
I started on 21st January .
I had done LT a few years ago and lost ,nearly, 4 stones.
Then put it back on over a course of 18 months, purely down to slipping back into old bad habits.

I tried CD a couple of times but, lasted a week at the very most. Then tried Atkins but, that lasted 3 days!
Then Weight-Watchers....and the list goes on.
Am sick and tired of being very over weight.....not planning to be 9 stones but,I am going to lose 6 stones which will get me to 14.13. Then re-feeding and taking weight loss more slowly by eating a healthy diet.

The shock of seeing the scales at 20.13 was a serious moment..I could have cried.:cry:
So, here I am , coming up to the first week and celebrating the fact that today was the first day I didn't feel hungry. :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
S: 18st0lb C: 15st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 2st10lb(15.08%)
Welcome Jax you sound very positive try to keep in mind that feeling when you looked at those scales that will keep u motivated Im back after putting on 1.5st of the 5 i lost im finding it a little tougher but im focused if you need a buddy or a sounding board let me know if u want you can PM me and rant till the cows come home

keep focused you'll do great

xx

Thanks Scotsmist...think you are right, have felt fantastic today, such a turn around from yesterday ! I feel energized! I know there will, still, be days where I feel hungry and want to throw the towel in.
But, today has been a good day.

I know now that when we are having absolutely dreadful days.... wait a while...another good day comes around again. x

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
S: 14st4lb C: 11st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 2st12lb(20%)
Thanks Scotsmist...think you are right, have felt fantastic today, such a turn around from yesterday ! I feel energized! I know there will, still, be days where I feel hungry and want to throw the towel in.
But, today has been a good day.

I know now that when we are having absolutely dreadful days.... wait a while...another good day comes around again. x
So true,,,good days follow bad days, follow good day!!!!!

S: 16st12lb C: 16st4lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st8lb(3.39%)
well done Jax, good luck for your first weigh in, please let us know how you get on xx

Thanks for all the support.....couldn't do this on my own!
Day 7 begins....feel a bit light-headed this morning but, will be fine once I have my shake. Looking forward to tomorrows weigh-in though, I know how much I have lost and I can't believe I have lost 12lbs in 6 days!!!! It's the first time I haven't shouted at my scales for being wrong !!!! Of course, there is a long way to go but, am on my way!!!

Day 8 completed....awoke feeling weak and light-headed.
I was hoping I wouldn't suffer with that this time round but, it seems to be back again.
I have quite a busy job and need to be able to be 'running' around as much as needed so, it's been a bit difficult today.
If I am honest, I am feeling a bit glum but, I am not considering throwing in the towel...just having a rough few hours!

Got my first weigh-in tomorrow morning...Chemist was shut yesterday, so have to go tomorrow!!!
Had to use some Herbalife shakes for today.

Decided to not think of the next 9 weeks but, to concentrate on the oncoming week. So,;) it's onward and forward Jax...I can do another week for sure!

S: 16st12lb C: 16st4lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st8lb(3.39%)
Hi jax, have you done LT before then? You should be coming over the worst really, I can't wait to get into week 2!! I think that is definately the right attitude...one day/week at a time (less daunting that way!!) x

Hi, Slimmer2moro,
Yes, have done LT before, around 4 years ago. Loved the fact that weight just fell off !
Tried a couple of times to get back on it but, just didn't manage it.
Then I weighed myself on 3 different scales last week as I could not comprehend how I could be 21st...realised I was and wanted to hide in a room for the rest of my life but, came out fighting!
And, here I am....having moments of being very hungry, miserable, fed up, light headed and feeling weak...then it passes...and on I go !!!! Simples !!!!

Glad you are nearing week 2...it goes to show that you can do it,hang on in there. x

Day 9 begins......

OMG!
I have lost a whole stone !!! I can't believe it!:happy036:
My home scales are in line with the Pharmacists so, even though I don't get weighed for another hour, the result will be the same. For the first time in 4 years, I have faith in myself .

G: 11st7lb
Good job Jax! To get into the next teens must be a fantastic feeling and a great motivator - especially in week 1!!

Good luck with week 2 xx

Thanks for the encouraging words girls...much appreciated.
Went to Chemists this morning and he confirmed I have lost 14lbs . Happy ! Yes!
But, I feel quite hungry at the moment, so will have last shake soon and then a nice, long hot bath.

S: 16st11lb C: 13st13lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 2st12lb(17.02%)
Well done Jax - that is brilliant news. Keep it up - and keep in mind the feeling you feel now - as week 3 is renowned to be a tricky one for a lot of people, be mentally prepared for it !!xx

Day 10 begins...

I am amazed that I haven't 'broken' my diet since starting LT last week!
There are times when I feel very weak and very short-tempered. That's when a tiny amount of doubt creeps in and I ask myself ''is it worth all this''?
The answer is a definite ''Yes''...it's not for life, it's for a few weeks. I , initially, said I would stay on the programme for 8 weeks but, this morning, I am thinking I can push myself to 15 weeks. I will just have to see and not focus on the days ahead but, just the day ahead.
Day by day, I have more faith in myself and that is a fantastic feeling!
I will be able to shop in normal shops and, at last, enjoy clothes shopping!
I have promised myself a Flying Lesson, too! :character00255: There is a weight limit on those small training planes...something like 15st?
So, once I have got down to 14st 7lbs, I am booking it! Woo-hoo. Who says 50-year olds have to sit in doors and knit!?