Jealous

linski24

Gold Member
Hi all .... I'm very envious of people who eat porridge ... I love porridge but it leaves me with the worst low/hunger feeling ever ..!!!
Iv done little control tests on myself lol and every time I eat porridge including jumbo oats, tel hours later I'm light headed and starving . Like iv had a huge sugar rush and the and then my blood sugars have crashed ..!! Anyone else had this ..?? I'm so much better off with eggs which keep me satisfied b.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

linski24 said:
Hi all .... I'm very envious of people who eat porridge ... I love porridge but it leaves me with the worst low/hunger feeling ever ..!!!
Iv done little control tests on myself lol and every time I eat porridge including jumbo oats, tel hours later I'm light headed and starving . Like iv had a huge sugar rush and the and then my blood sugars have crashed ..!! Anyone else had this ..?? I'm so much better off with eggs which keep me satisfied b.

But everyone on here eats porridge and keeps them satisfied :-(

huwiesmummy said:
Hugs its ok hun we are all different. Even though its low gi its still carbs so maybe that's why.

Tam Xx

Yeah Spose you're right ... I feel like I'm missing out lol . And it's easy to take to work ..!! Hey ho x

I loooove porridge, but i normally make 60g worth (vice the pack suggestion of 40g), and to make it an ever bigger bowl i add in 100g of frozen berries. Bulks it out for only about 35cals.
I also add a shaking of cinnamon as it is supposed to balance blood sugar/insulin.

Maybe I ought to think about doing more .. But im scared its giving me a huge insulin rush which is what I don't want to do :-(
Ill have to stick to eggs x

Porridge, cereal, bread - It all fills me up for a short time and then within 2 hours, I feel ravenous again. Could chomp on the keyboard at work....

I can have porridge for breakfast, about 7ish, and be ok til about 11, if I have lots in it, like nuts and sultanas. The Alpen style porridge is good enough for me, but the Oats So Simple style stuff doesn't work so well.

Eggs for me plz. With a slice of low bacon! :)

Thanks all for your replies .!! Nice to know I'm nog the only one it doesn't suit ..!!
This morning .. Post night shift .. Iv had my usual scrambled egg in a round if toasted burgen bread and grated low fat cheese :) yum xx
If I'd read all this before I'd eaten if have tried porridge made slightly differently x

Saying that scrambled egg on Burgen toast is my favourite brekkie.

I eat at work just before i finish my night shift so have to have oats then.

Back