Jennie's Journey, but mostly ranting...

Jennie123

I'm getting used to using this Minimins. I think it's great. I was diagnosed with Firbromyalgia two years and I had to give up my job because of the symptoms that comes with Fibromyalgia - these include chronic fatigue, achey limbs, cognitive confusion, memory loss etc. I don't fully believe I have this condition. I've suffered with chronic fatigue since I was 14 and I only started to get pains and the fuzzy head feeling a few years ago. I went to see a consultant and after listening to my history and poking pressure points that hurt she said I had Fibromyalgia.

Anyway, I started the prescribed tablets for my symptoms, things improved a little and I stayed on them for over a year but they made things worse eventually so I stopped them. Over theses few years I've put on a good couple of stones from not being able to work or exercise. I used to work as a gardener/forestry operative so going from being quite active to nothing has been quite demoralising to say the least. I have been seeking alternative treatments for my FM and so far have had reflexology, bioenery (this has cleared the pains I had in my arms) and practice Transendental Meditation - this I would recommend to anyone who doesn't cope well with stress. It's great and now I would like to get back to the weight I was in my early 20s as I'm sure it'll help with my fatigue symptoms.

So this year I got married to the loveliest man in the world, who supports me reguardless of my poor health or lack of money! And looking at the photos from the day, I wish I was a few stone lighter....so that's why I've started Slimming World. To date I've lost 11lb (that's after 6 weeks) and I'm feeling a lot better.

So there's the initial big rant. Maybe when and if I get to my target weight I'll put up a before and after wedding dress photo...

Thanks for reading :)

Jennie xx

Well done for your loss so far Jennie. We are the same height and have a similar weight loss goal so I know it might seem like a long journey ahead but just remember it'll be worth it :)

Welcome to SW and this forum.
You have joined the best group out there and if you ever get stuck over anything, just ask! Remember we are all on the same journey..........
Keep a daily diary of what you eat, it will be helpful to look back into when you have an unexpected week. Write a weekly menu, this stops you buying "rubbish"
Pete

Thanks Souffle! My SM consultant is the same height as us and she started out at just over the 15 mark. She lost 3 1/2 stone and looks fantastic.
God Peat well done with your weight loss! Thanks or the support:)

So today I've been pretty good. When I got up I had a quick cup of coffee, a banana and an Alpan light bar (half of my Hex b). I took the dog for a walk that takes roughly 45 minutes. It was raining quite heavy so it was nice to get into the shower when I got back. For lunch I had a bowl of the superfree curry I made last night for dinner with some boiled rice. I fancied having a wee salad with that, which was some lettuce, beet root, chicken, mini babybel (part of my Hex a as I don't usually use all my 375mls of milk) and Frensh dressing. For tea I made a big pot of SW spaghetti bolognese...very filling and delisious! Now I'm going to have some rasperries, a pear, apple and a Muller light....and maybe another Alpen light :innocent0002:

Just about to go walk the dog and then weigh in is at half five...I'm wondering what the damage of Saturday night is...lets hope it wasn't too bad:doh:

Well the weigh in wasn't too bad last night...I lost 1 pound so not too bad but it just shows you how drink can effect your weight loss. I think I'll be avoiding it for a while as I really want to get to my target as soon as possible.
Breakfast today was Beans on toast (HEb) - no superfree though...
Only remembering now that I didn't have lunch
Tea was roasted chicken thighs with the skin removed. I made a fruit salad...strawberries, raspberries, grapes, blackberries and melon with a Muller light for dessert.
Syns 5 1/2 Sirius bar.

So it wasn't such a balanced day :/

Off with the scouts for the weekend...hope it won't be too bad. I've made a superfree food survival bag so hopefully I'll dig into that when I get tempted by something that I shouldn't :)

Hello im new an seen all your stars how easy is it on the extra easy i keep getting confused an carnt do ithave you got any tips for me pls thank you :eek:}x

Hey Mandydave, after putting a pound on this week so I'm not sure if I'm the best to give advise! How long have you been doing SW? I had a bit of a bad weekend so I suppose it's not too bad! The little book of soups is good and filling up on super speedy fruit helps things along....but after the weekend I've had I think you have to be very aware of the small things like coleslaw that you may not syn properly. Sitting down with my hubby in a few mins to work out our dinners for the next week...forward planning is the only way to succeed.
:):) hope that helps

Food diary for yesterday.

Breakfast - Melon with a cup of tea!
Lunch - SW Roasted Mediterranean soup with 4 Ryvitas HEB
Dinner - Roasted pheasant with celery and onion gravy. Carrots, broccoli, roasted spud wedges.
Syns - 6
- Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cooked apple
- Meringue nest

Snacks and fruit - Mullerlight yogurt. Whole melon. Strawberries, grapes and raspberries.

Food diary for today

Breakfast - Strawberries, raspberries, banana and Mullerlight mixed in a bowl. Coffee
Lunch - Bowl of SW Lentil broth. Made a big pot of it :) so should do me a few days. HEB 4 Ryvitas and a pear.

Dinner - SW Spaghetti Bolognaise. It's very tasty. I got the recipe out of the SW little book of sauces I won in the raffle at class. HOWEVER I bought an 800g pack of "less than 20% fat minced beef" in Lidl thinking the syn value wouldn't be too high but it works out at 7 syns per 100gs...so I reckon I wouldn't have eaten much more than 100gs :/ This will be dinner for tomorrow night so I'll measure the same about as I had tonight to compare...
- I had 30g of cheddar cheese on top of my dinner which is my HEA

Syns - 7 for mince, 2 for 100mls skimmed milk in tea and coffee.

I'm struggling a little bit at the minute. Lost a pound last week and gained a pound this week so I'm hoping with eating a ton of melon and SW soup I'll have a loss next week :innocent0001: It'll make me feel better anyway

Saturday food diary
Breakfast - weetabix x2 beb and skimmed millk hea. Pear
Lunch - SW lentil broth soup
Dinner - Spaghetti bolognaise
Syns: 7 for the bolognaise as the mince wasn't free
6 for 2 SW Rocky road bars
2 for highlights hot chocolate

Today I have been mostly eat...
Breakfast/lunch because I was up late - strawberries, grapes, raspberries, banana and Mullerlite.
Dinner - baked beans, fried mushrooms and cherry tomatos sprinkled with soy sauce and pepper, scrambled eggs and grilled rashers.

I went for a half hour walk with my hubby and our dog :)

Just waiting on my roasted veg soup to come out of the oven before going to bed...lunch sorted for tomorrow. I love that soup....

Mondays Food

Breakfast -strawberries, raspberries, scan bran cake HeB

Lunch - SW Roasted Med Veg soup

Dinner - SW soup again because it's lovely and SW chips with 30gs of Cheddar melted on top HeA yum! A whole melon and more scan bran cake.

Syns - drop of milk in tea...oh she was good today :)

Wednesdays Food Diary

Breakfast - Magic Porridge pancakes with raspberries and strawberries with a mullerlight. Heb, coffee with a drop of milk.

Lunch - SW Roasted Med Veg soup with lettuce, cucumber, tom, cheese and tuna salad.

Dinner - SW wedges, grilled lean pork chop, steamed carrots, sprouts and cabbage.

Syns: 2 Hot choc, 6 curly wurly, 1.5 skimmed milk and 5.5 high-fi bar...this brings us to 15 :)

I decided to use all my syns tonight as I had my weigh in earlier and I haven't been using them much over the last few days.

I was down a pound tonight. Thought I'd have lost more as I've been quite good this week but maybe it'll show next week or maybe I've leveled out after the first few big losses and it's going to be slow from now on. Either way I'll be happy. I'm glad I have kept it going now for 9 weeks and hopefully I'll stay on track up to and over Christmas.
I always see tomorrow as the start of my new week - after weigh in so I'll have a think about my portions sizes and make sure I get the Superfrees on the plate first before anything else!!

Thursday's Food Diary Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk 1 heb & 1 hea, with strawberries, melon and raspberries.

Lunch - I had a banana...no SW soup left and ran out of time. Filled a hole!

Dinner - SW Rogan Josh which contains tinned toms, onion, garlic. I put a tin of chickpeas in as well, half a tin is worth 1 heb and the dish was split between us. My hubby got the bigger half. I added a green pepper too. I was struggling to know what to have in place of rice so I cut savoy cabbage thinly and steamed it for 2-3 minutes, just so it still had a crunch but wasn't raw - if ye get me!! :)

Syns: Just enjoying a 2 syn mug of Highlights hot chocolate.

So I've decided to move from Extra Easy to Red days as I'd like to see if that suits me better. The first day has gone well, even if I didn't have any lunch :d'oh:
I was out for more than an hour today with Ruby (my wee dog). Normally I'd be out for 45 minutes or so. I've just discovered I can get into the local football field to let the dog off the lead and run about. She is a border collie and needs more walking than I can manage (accounting for the Fibromyalgia) so 20 minutes running around after our walk will do her the world of good. She's been the only reason I've been getting out walking for the last 4 weeks so I want to treat her well.
A good day all round :)

Back