Jenny's Exercise Log

Auburn

x x x
Hello :)

I decided to get off my bum and start doing some exercise... Worth a shot!

There is a challenge at work, a fitness challenge, which some of my team have signed up for. You undergo a fitness assessment, which I was expecting mine to be quite... terrible. Then 6 weeks later, you do the same assessment again. The most improved person wins the challenge. I figure I have a pretty good chance, I have a lot to improve on..

Anyway, the initial assessment was on 20.03.2012
They took your height, weight, body fat %, waist measurement and blood pressure. Then you do a step test (beeps which get quicker as time progresses - It goes in 2 minute blocks, for 10 minutes. I could only manage about 6 minutes til I felt I should stop so I get a default score for getting 3/5 of the way through.)
You also have to do a wall squat, and lift your leg and hold - then repeat on the other leg.
And then they measure how far you can reach over your toes, sitting down..

My second assessment is on 01.05.2012. I am hoping for an improvement! :)

So...! What exercise am I actually doing....

Starting Easter Weekend - This is what I have done:

08.04.12 (Sun) - 45 min DVD Intro to Zumba - Learn the Steps & 20 min DVD Zumba Express
09.04.12 (Mon) - 20 min DVD Zumba Express
10.04.12 (Tues) - 20 min Wii Zumba Intermediate Routine, 2 x Wii Just Dance songs & 3 x Wii Country Dance songs
11.04.12 (Weds) - 45 min DVD Zumba Cardio Party
12.04.12 (Thurs) - rest day!
13.04.12 (Fri) - 40 min Wii Zumba (20 min routine & 4 x individual routines)
14.04.12 (Sat) - 20 min DVD Zumba Express, 10 min brisk march to music, 15 min DVD Leslie Sansone Walking

255 mins so far this week :)

hi jenny, if you really want to wow your collegues at work and really improve the stats, add some weight training in there :D that might help with the fitness test too, adding some squats ect...

Hi Gina,

Thanks for popping in :)
Good idea, thanks! I have a kettlebell, and an Intro to Kettlebells DVD which I'm gonna dust off and work in to my routine, this week. Also hoping to get to the gym after work tomorrow, and use some of their equipment. I've done it all before (ain't we all) it's just making myself make the first move and getting back in to it all!!! :D

Wow you've done loads! I'm sure you're going to knock them dead at the next assessment. How seriously are your team mates taking it?

How did you find Wii Zumba? All i've tried is the learning the steps section and i failed at that! Lol.

Good luck

Hi carrot_tit, love the name lol! Colleagues, well I'm the only larger lady in my team, the rest are quite fit and active in general, in comparison to me. Some are eating healthier, one or two are going to an aerobics class after work, proud to see little changes in the team! I possibly have an unfair advantage almost, in that I have the biggest changes to make, and the "worst" starting point, If that makes sense!?

Wii Zumba - I did not like the Learn the Steps bit, found it quite awful to be honest. And the first of the beginner routines, I could not do, felt like it'd been a total waste of money... but "beginner 2", I loved it, and I haven't looked back, so definitely give it a go! Sod the "learn the steps" bit, chuck yersel in the deepend, I dare ya :p

I started taking measurements to see what happens... I've lost 18 cm already, since March 25th. Quite pleased with that, glad I got the tape measure out!

thats fab news jen! go you! x

Thank you so much Gina :D
I must admit I was shocked, I didn't expect numbers anywhere near that, so early, but so motivated now!

Been doing some lunges and squats too - Man I'm sexy hahaa! I want to get bendy again! I doubt I'll ever be as bendy as I was at school hah, I was well into gymnastics and trampolining, and stuff, but a few weeks back, I was struggling to bend my knees to get up and down the stairs.

Feeling loads better physically already. Exercise really is the key, there's only so many times you can trick the "diet"..!

:D how long do you have left of the challenge?

:D how long do you have left of the challenge?

Just under two weeks, Tuesday 1st May is the assessment... Crikey! It's come round so fast!

Update for this week so far -

15.04.12 (Sun) - rest day
16.04.12 (Mon) - 40 min DVD Zumba Sculpt & Tone
17.04.12 (Tues) - 45 min Wii - Some Zumba, some Just Dance & 25 min DVD Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk
18.04.12 (Weds) - 20 min DVD Zumba Express & LS 2 Mile Walk
19.04.12 (Thurs) - rest day

Tomorrow, I intend to do the Zumba Express as soon as I get in from work, then I'm out for a curry (after a shower ofcourse...!). Then Saturday will be the Zumba Cardio Party DVD. Yes! :D

that sounds great, i want to get into zumba but ive got two left feet lol. tried it a few times now, just cant get the hang of it

haha I don't think I have got the hang of it at all, but I enjoy making a pratt of myself.... In the privacy of my front room of course haha!

20.04.12 (Fri) - 20 min DVD Zumba Express, 25 min LS 2 Mile Walk & 10 min "Dance Yourself Thin" routine. Oh my god, I have never laughed so much when I should be exercising. That Dance Yourself Thin DVD is hilarious, I have to do that again! I am totally uncoordinated, but it was the "Oh my gawd, you're so sexy" commentary from the lady host person... Had me in the giggles..!

21.04.12 (Sat) - 25 min LS 2 Mile Walk, and a walk about the shops. I would have done more, but I have been hit by Mother Nature (totm) and where I know we're meant to exercise through the pain, I actually just want to curl up in a ball and mope... so I made myself do something, but not too much.

Sunday will be much the same, wallowing in self pity..! I'll force myself to do Leslie's walk again though, before the weekend is out. My OH just got back from a work trip away, I'm being nice and letting him watch the GP before I try and fight for the TV/DVD player!!! :)

:)

i cant exercise during totm, every time i do i go light headed and start throwing up. passed out twice with it aswell. stupid mother nature, go away

Ouch... Im glad someone else feels strange jumping about... Wish we didn't, like, but it's reassuring to know it aint just me!! :)

its not fair, we women get all this.... get the men to suffer too hah!

Week 3 down - I totally have not done enough in my opinion this week, used totm as an excuse too much, and felt stupidly self conscious doing my DVDs in the house when other people were in. Not even in the same room, just in. That's ridiculous, and something I am tackling this week!

22.04.12 (Sun) - Rest Day
23.04.12 (Mon) - 25 min Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk
24.04.12 (Tues) - Lostprophets gig - We went for a walk first, and then I spent most of the gig bopping along to my boys songs :)
25.04.12 (Weds) - Rest Day
26.04.12 (Thurs) - 20 mins of Leslie Sansone's 2 Mile Walk - Shyness&stupidity stopped me finishing
27.04.12 (Fri) - 20 Minute DVD Zumba Express, 10 minutes of Leslie Sansone - 1 mile maybe? Again with the shyness & stupidity
28.04.12 (Sat) - 45 minute walk through the woods

120 official minutes, this week. Still more than I ever woulda done previously, so credit for that, but I admit that I feel frumpy and rubbish, and actually missed doing the exercise. I need to get over this "no-one likes to see a fat bird sweat" fear and just bloomin do it. Come on!!!

There is a challenge at work, a fitness challenge, which some of my team have signed up for. You undergo a fitness assessment, which I was expecting mine to be quite... terrible. Then 6 weeks later, you do the same assessment again. The most improved person wins the challenge. I figure I have a pretty good chance, I have a lot to improve on..

Anyway, the initial assessment was on 20.03.2012
They took your height, weight, body fat %, waist measurement and blood pressure. Then you do a step test (beeps which get quicker as time progresses - It goes in 2 minute blocks, for 10 minutes. I could only manage about 6 minutes til I felt I should stop so I get a default score for getting 3/5 of the way through.)
You also have to do a wall squat, and lift your leg and hold - then repeat on the other leg.
And then they measure how far you can reach over your toes, sitting down..

My second assessment is on 01.05.2012. I am hoping for an improvement! :)

Second Assessment done -

* Weight was down
* Waist measurement was down
* BP was slightly up but nothing to be concerned about
* Stretch test was further by like, 6 cm!
* Balance test (the leg wall squat thing) was ultimate fail but who cares..
* Step Test - lasted 8 minutes this time compared to 6 last time :D

Hurrah!!!

well done! :D

LP concert too.... ohh they are good. they only came to preston once and not been back since :(

It's not often I see bands anymore.... After I hit 360+ bands, I got a bit bored of it lol but always make an effort for my boys :D Have loved Prophets since 1999, they could go on stage, wearing black sacks and gargle down a mike and I'd be there....

Exercise - I'm still going :) I managed to damage my knee again, and it knocked me back for a couple of days resting that. Getting back on track now, and feeling better for it.
Started my kettlebells, and boy did I feel that the next day!
And.... for some reason the 30 Day Shred fell into my basket in Tescos earlier... Just watching it through now before I decide to start that. I don't have two handweights the same size, but will see what I can get on the way home tomorrow. I want to get started on this.

Also signed up for the Race for Life again - I walked it last year with Mum and we raised nearly £300. It took 1 hr 4 minutes, I want to get it under 50 minutes this time. I'll probably do it on my own, and I'm doing it more for myself than to raise the money this year, though I will pass the link around nearer the time - 1st July in Aberdeen.

And I asked for an induction at the Works gym. They said it'll be a couple of weeks. Boo!

I feel so self conscious doing things when people are about, I feel like a pratt, but I need to do this for me, I feel so much better for actually moving..

On with the show...

Back