Jen's Weight Loss Diary

Jen-Cheng

Hey everyone,

I have been using the blog section of the website to log my diary so far, but feel that it might be more beneficial if I try and transfer it over to a long-running thread instead!

I have been going for two weeks now, the first week I lost 6lbs and the second (weighing in yesterday) I lost another 3lbs. I have quite a lot of weight to go still but I feel like I am in the right mind frame now, not minding how long it will take, just happy to keep plodding along.

Instead of being all about weight loss, as much as that might be why you are on these forums! with this thread I will try and mix it up and share a bit about what's going on in my life too.

So to start, I will introduce myself! I am Jennifer, 20 years old, I work full-time as an admin assistant and live with my fiancé at his parents home. I have started University recently and am doing a Level 5 course in Human Resources. I have two rats called Jasper (My name choice) and Rasta (partners choice:rolleyes:) I am looking forward to completing the course, eventually getting a better paying job and moving out! I have a provisional motorcycle license and I have a bike! a Suzuki TS 125 for those interested. It's in bits at the moment but every other weekend I go over to my dads who is helping me fix it up.

Anyways, feel free to read and subscribe and I will check in every day with a calorie total and any random thoughts and rants I can come up with.

Okay, I wanted to avoid this. But I think I might be someone who rants. I will post my food log a bit later but I have to get this off my chest and get some opinions as I am a little peeved.

Ever since I moved out of my parents home to live with my partner there has been this battle. The battle to keep in touch and up-to-date with what is going on over there. Now I know there is no substitute for actually being in the house but I wanted to remain close with them as much as possible. So I write to them via e-mail, like I did this Monday.

I write this on Thursday, no response from all three of them.

That's my mum, my dad AND my brother. Not a word back. The annoying thing is my brother even asked me to keep in touch more as he had recently lived in the house for a spell and said that's what everyone was missing about me. That I don't communicate with them enough.

I cannot count one time that they have actually tried to contact me first for a change and it hurts that this seems so one-sided.

Sorry for the rant I just feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall sometimes.

Does anyone have a similar situation or any advise to give?

Calories for the end of the day (including my dinner which I haven't eaten yet) is 1495 :)

Feeling abit better after the rant earlier, sorry!

Treating myself to a nice soaky bubble bath when I get home before I roll up my sleeves and start on the mountain of homework for this week. Deep joy.

Hi Jen, Great that you have started your diary...I've been looking for you to thank you for your comment on my blog...always nice to get some feedback from someone.

When it comes to your dilemma about keeping in contact with those at home.. is it more that you want to know what they are doing as there could be that feeling that you might be missing out on something?
On the other hand if it is as you say that you are always the one to make that connection without getting the response I can well understand your feeling rather miffed about it but the fact is that at least they know you are okay and if something did need attention they would no doubt be in touch quickly.
I find that people often say things that sound good and well meaning as a gesture without actually intending to put things into practice.
There is also the point that you may be telling them of all your social occasions and the like so they are well aware that you are a very busy young lady.

Hope you enjoyed the soaky bubble bath.. great for washing away all those stresses!
Take care and keep up the good work... :wavey:

Hey Emmaline,

I think you might be right, I don't want to miss out on anything. There has been occasions where they haven't told me stuff which I hold important that they didn't want to bother me about.

For an example. When I started the job I hold now the family pet (that I was really close to whilst I was living at home) passed away. I wasn't told until weeks later because they were trying to hide it from me in case it messed up my first week of work.

I guess I should let it go. I am plenty contactable if they want to get in touch.

Oh and bubbly bath didn't happen, had an argument with the partner instead and no homework done :doh:

That'll be my tonight treat & torture instead.

That's very sad about your pet and I dare say hard to understand but they did have a good motive for doing it.
I had a similar thing happen to me when I moved back to Norfolk from Ireland.. a very good friend of mine passed away and nobody told me as they knew that I would have wanted to be there but after my move I couldn't really afford it. I still feel very miffed at not being able to make my own decision on the matter.. but hey ho!.. things move on... all you can try to remember is that they were thinking they were doing the best for you.

Enjoy the bubbly bath tonight!! Yay!

I guess so Emmaline. Thanks :)

Calories for today of 1465 and have signed up to go and try Martial Arts at a local club next Friday :bolt:

Going to have a picnic and visit Netley Abbey with my partner on Saturday and bike fixing on Sunday so should be a good weekend!

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for not stopping by yesterday I was out of the house from 11am until 11:30pm! Me and my partner went to see the ruins of netley abbey, fed the ducks in sophies pond, walked to the royal victoria country park and then had to go into town to get a birthday present for our nephew who's 5th birthday it was, and then we were at the party until really late!!

A lot of walking and rushing about but all in all one of those nice days out that you can really reconnect with each other :)

Calorie total for yesterday was 1445. I resisted splurging on the tempting assortment of party nibbles :happy036:

Fingers crossed! 1455 calories today

Feeling a bit dizzy atm might be something to do with re-painting my bike frame with my dad, maybe the fumes?

Anyways night all!

Calories for yesterday at 1417. Darren treated me out to Mcdonalds for dinner and how he scoffed as I got a happy meal :rolleyes: Actually was surprisingly filling given it was only 4 chicken nuggets and small fries!

Todays total looking to be about 1448 :)

RANT WARNING

Okay so I hate my job. I have hated it for a long while now actually but its one of those things where you just have to suck it up and get on with it.

Recently though, it has got worse, everyone seems to be picking at me for every little thing and there's so much changing/****ing about with the processes its hard for me to be 100% right all of the time.

Oh how I long for a more simple life.

I could end it there but hey! that would only be half the story.

So past me, as in, the me for nearly 6 months would just suck it up, carry on, jobs are hard to get by etc etc. Not this time.

I have taken today off ...(for legitimate reasons, I didn't sleep a wink and feel 75% zombie... not that they saw it like that "oh we're disappointed in you, that's not even a real reason, I am pregnant I get tired I still go to work blah blah)

I have rewritten my CV and I am going full steam at a dream I have had since I left school that I gave up on due to pressure, bullying and ill health.

In fact I have already applied for work experience to one such company :D

I feel so good right now and I keep thinking.. why did I wait so long to do this?

No problem. You earnt it! :)

Signing off for the day with a calorie total of 1461

Found an online calculator and apparently my goal is 17% complete, pretty encouraging after only 3 weeks! :D

No problem. You earnt it! :) Signing off for the day with a calorie total of 1461 Found an online calculator and apparently my goal is 17% complete, pretty encouraging after only 3 weeks! :D

Woohoo!!! Nearly a fifth of the way through!! X

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Back