|Jerk Prawns & spicy rice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by rjg123, 3 September 2010 Social URL.

1. rjg123

rjg123 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.8lb(22.68%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Had a gorgeous tea the other night made by my gorgeous BF!!

Jerk seasoning (which can be used on meat/ fish) Blitz the following ingredients in a blender - quantities dont really matter

thyme
    nutmeg
    mixed spice
    fresh chilli
    spring onions
    lime juice

Coat your King prawns in nearly all of the seasoning and leave to marinade (at least 2 hours works well).

For the rice:

Using frylight, fry off sliced onions and peppers until softening, add the rest of your jerk seasoning and some kidney beans.
    (You should/ could add coconut milk at this point at a high syn cost but I added yoghurt instead. Weight watchers do a nice pineapple/ cocunut yoghurt which I may try next time.)

Stir some cooked rice into the mixture - or you can just serve the plain rice seperately if you prefer.

Grill/ griddle your prawns (works best on skewers) and serve on top of the rice.

Done!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mama_mia

mama_mia Silver Member

Diet:
    SW
    That sounds lovely. Being married to a Jamaican I am always looking for new recipies that will inspire. Love the idea of using yoghurt too. Will give it a go.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.