Jesi's Fertility Update...

Jesi

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their support and interest in my fertility issue. It is much easier to cope with when you guys are here.

I went to my appointment and saw a lady doctor, before she took me into the consultation room she wanted to weigh me in another room (damn they mean business lol)

She weighed me and said that was fine and then we went to the consultation room. She explained that on my last visit they asked for me to lose weight and that as I had done that, we could carry on with treatment.

I explained that I had been bleeding for 5-6 weeks and about the diet. She was pleased at my weight loss and set out what we needed to do.

She wanted me to do a pregnancy test there and then to make sure I was not pregnant, which I did and as expected it was negative. Then she booked me in for a scan to make sure everything was fine. If the scan shows up fine then I am to take the contreseptive pill for 3 weeks to make the bleeding stop and start again. Once it start she wants me to come in for blood test and book a pelvic x-ray to make sure my tubes are fine. Then she wants me to take Clomid again to help with ovulation as the last time I took it I was given wrong instructions and I was heavier weight wise.

In the meantime she has put me down for IVF in May 2010. She said there was a 6 month waiting time.

The Clomid is for just keeping busy until then to see if I can concieve naturally. I agreed as there is no point sitting and doing nothing for 6 months.

I left the hospital happy, there are lots of procedures waiting for me but I'm happy knowing that I am doing something and that I'm not obstructing with smoking or weight.

I have decided to start back on my diet Thursday.

Once again thank you everyone for all your support.

Lot's of Love and Hugs
:hug99: :flowers: :heartpump:

That is so fantastic i knew dey had to do it you've done everything thye have asked for! You never know you mite conceive naturally and if not you still have the ivf to look forward too! So so happy for you hun and well done and deciding to go back on the diet!

I've been thinking about you all day sweetie. I'm so happy for you! That was a very successful appointment and you and Hubby must feel on top of the world.

It's a fantastic plan, and to be told that IVF can commence in May is absolutely fabulous! Hopefully once you take the pill then begin the Clomid you'll conceive naturally. Your womb has been working overtime to clear out these past few weeks, so hopefully it will be well prepared *everything crossed* Oh you'll have such great fun trying, we'll probably not see much of you on here!

You have done so well in doing what they asked. You're focused and determined and deserve to be a yummy Mummy after everything you've been through. I wish you all the luck in the world Jesi. Baby dust in abundance!

Love you loads sweetie. You're the best.

xxxxxx

@Anne Marie - I was pleased they said IVF as it gives me something to fall back on. I rang my husband at work to tell him and as I explained the scans and tests he was laughing, I said "What are you laughing at?" he said "I'm very happy" awwww poor guy. The only thing he needs to do is have a blood test which he was happy to do.

@Betsy - I also think it is a good idea that you *cross everything*, trying for a baby and all crossing is not permitted hahahahahha I know you was thinking of me as I kind of felt it, txs xx :)

Awww bless the Hub! That is so cute :cry:

God, don't you be crossing anything! You'll be acting like it's a second honeymoon for 6 months. Enjoy every minute! Although I've a feeling you will!

Haha I was driving along talking to myself (common occurrence) 'I wonder how Jesi is' and at 2:30 I said 'Jesi is at her appointment, luck, luck, luck' He said who is Jesi, you've been talking about her all day!

My vibes are strong :D Hopefully my baby dust will be as powerful.

xxxx

Gosh betsy, you are crazy lol that is why I love ya :D hahaha

hugs @ jenny xxx

Pleased to hear that all is well Jesi, I too will keep everything crossed for you x

Hi Jesi

Hope you don't mind me posting (as a newbie)

The reason I only did 3 weeks on LT last year was on the 4th week I started down-regging for IVF.
I was told conflicing info about weight - NHS dr's always say you need to lose it - private Dr's said it really made no difference.
But lets face it, any loss - before gaining baby weight - is a plus!

It is a wonderful journey, although terribly emotional and people don't realise the daft stuff that gets to you - but you're one step closer by the sounds of it.

It's hard to believe that this time last year, I'd just found out the IVF had been succesful - incredible feeling - I peed on sticks everyday for weeks (convinced it would dissapear!!)

Anyway, good luck with your journey and if you ever want an IVF chat or have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout

Jo x

What a positive appointment!! She sounded lovely- that makes an awful difference to how good you feel coming out of something like that. She seemed very positive, and gave me the impression that she feels the IVF is a back-up plan, that the clomid will do the trick?
Something else- a friend of mine went on clomid & conceived 6wks later. She went on to have another after that naturally!
Good luck!!
*****BaByDuSt***** your way!!!

Hi Jesi

Hope you don't mind me posting (as a newbie)

The reason I only did 3 weeks on LT last year was on the 4th week I started down-regging for IVF.
I was told conflicing info about weight - NHS dr's always say you need to lose it - private Dr's said it really made no difference.
But lets face it, any loss - before gaining baby weight - is a plus!

It is a wonderful journey, although terribly emotional and people don't realise the daft stuff that gets to you - but you're one step closer by the sounds of it.

It's hard to believe that this time last year, I'd just found out the IVF had been succesful - incredible feeling - I peed on sticks everyday for weeks (convinced it would dissapear!!)

Anyway, good luck with your journey and if you ever want an IVF chat or have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout

Jo x

Oh hun thank you so much for posting, I was very happy to read about your experience. I know what you mean about the weight thing. My cousin is classed as morbidly obese and she has issues too with fertility but she gets regular periods. Her GP told her that weight was not an issue, he said that losing weight would make her more comfortable but not stop her concieve. She later found out that her husband had a very low sperm count. She is still trying.

My doctor just said she has put me on the IVF list but did not tell me anything at all. I have no idea what happens or what the procedure is. I was going to do research on the subject. My doctor said May 2010 but I am not sure if that is when I get the procedure or start with the consulting.

I would love to hear about what you did and how it was for you. Thanks again for posting.

What a positive appointment!! She sounded lovely- that makes an awful difference to how good you feel coming out of something like that. She seemed very positive, and gave me the impression that she feels the IVF is a back-up plan, that the clomid will do the trick?
Something else- a friend of mine went on clomid & conceived 6wks later. She went on to have another after that naturally!
Good luck!!
*****BaByDuSt***** your way!!!

Thanks hun, I was very pleased with the doctor too. She wrote me a list of things to do with dates and details. She covered everything and all my questions. It is very important that the doctor is good. :)

With the Clomid, I was told to take it 2 days after my period finishes and it was wrong. I should have took it the second day my period started. I did 2 months of clomid wrong and the third did not work. I was gutted but will try again and hope.

awwww jesi that's brilliant! so positive!! now get back into bed - every attempt counts!! xxx

I wish babes, I have this never ending period hahahha still going strong after 6 weeks. I even have a scan tomorrow which they said is fine to do ewwwwww hahahaha

glad all went well Jesi x

would be wonderful if you managed to conceive naturally while waiting but if not hun ivf wont be long now.
got everything crossed for you xx

Im so happy that you are on your way with it hun, and you have something to look forward to. Im also ttc, but at the weight i am and with my PCOS its not happening anytime soon..i have to lose 10% of my body weight before the doc will speak to me about it. Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Ah! you must be so pleased. That is all very positive news. It must make doing the diet that bit easier as you know you will continue to improve your health and make conception easier.

Back