Jessica's 20 lbs to lose Mission

jess33

Failed miserably a few weeks back but starting a fresh tomorrow, weighing in at 12.2.

First day starts tomorrow...

Last edited:
Hi Jess
Im on day 5 of SS+ . good luck how are you finding it, when did you start?

Only re-started today, with packs that I still had left from a time before. So far so good today, but it's very early days!! Good luck!!! How much do you have to lose?

jess33 said:
Only re-started today, with packs that I still had left from a time before. So far so good today, but it's very early days!! Good luck!!! How much do you have to lose?

i want to lose a minimum 4 stone im really tall nealy 6ft but my ideal would be be 13stone that my goal..

looking forward to 1st weighin thursday!! how much have u got to loose

Ideally two stone but trying to set a realistic goal. Good luck at weigh in tomorrow, keep me posted.. :0)

So far today;

Breakfast at 8.45am - chocolate shake
Lunch at 1.30pm - banana shake

1.5 bottle of water over the afternoon

Dinner at home at 6.15pm - apple and cinnamon porridge.

Decided I wanted to be eating rather than drinking..

Now hoping to just drink water all evening and have an early night. Only on 58g of carbs today so I think I'm ok..

Sounds like a good first day! Hope you got in all your water! I drink about 3-3.5ltr/day and find it really helps.

You've done CD before? I imagine you had some success with it as you are back! Good luck and I hope you make your goal by 30 June (or before!).

I had a blip today already, but drawing a line under it and sticking with my water etc.

I went to a CD last year and bought stuff etc but my counsellor didn't feel it was right for me after 2 weeks as I did so much exercise and my BMI was healthy. I left and agreed with her but of late I don't have the time for loads of exercise, and I'm too impatient for ww to lose 1lb a week. I'm hoping if I can lose the weight quick, then really up my exercise afterwards, I can raise my metabolism but return to healthy eating afterwards.

Ah! Well good luck with that! It does come off quick. :)

Back to reading people's posts after week 1 weigh in as I've had a huge blip today. Think slipping today, sent me spiralling. Back to it tomorrow with the view that I just have to get past the first 4 or 5 days of SS and then I know I'll have a mental shift, or at least I hope so...

Hey Jess - you need to remember the only thing these blips are doing for you is slowing down your move to ketosis and slowing down your weight loss. As you said, you need to get back on track and focus, get through the first few days and it'll become easier. Really!

Something that might help when you are tempted is making a list of the reasons why you're dieting. You first posted that one of the reasons is that you're going on holiday at the end of June. Are there any others? Mine include: improving my health and making sure I don't end up on the road to diabetes 2; making my family proud/relieved; widening the choice of clothes I can wear...and actually look good in!; improving self-confidence; doing things I gave up years ago - like golfing, horse-back riding; etc.

You *can* do this - you just must put your mind to it! Your body will follow....

I finally got myself a consultant and decided to stop fannying about. Day 2 so far, a little hungry but mostly tired of needing to pee all the time from all the water!!!

Good on you for getting a consultant! Your body does get used to the amount of liquid...tho' I try never to be too far from a toilet
:)

Well it's day 3 today and I'm still sticking with it, but had a slight hiccup last night. I had a hen party and drinking water just seemed so dull, so I drank gin and slim line all night and then ate tuna when I got in.

I don't think I'm in kerosis yet everyday but figure a night on zero carbs even if it's not on the diet was better than giving up and having to start on day 1 again.

Back on track today with a hangover. Don't have many other nights out planned so it won't be a regular thing.

Back