Jess's Weight Loss Diary

Hi Guys,

I decided to start a weight loss diary, because I hope it will make me feel accountable. I love the look of the SW diet plan, and have been buying the magazine for over a year now and just love the articles and recipes in there! Sadly I won't be able to make it to a group to help me along (I can't afford the extra expense, plus I have 3 jobs AND go to Uni..AND have a family/home to take care of) but I am hoping this forum will give me guidance with anything I am unsure of.

So here are the figures:

Starting weight: 17 stone 4.5pounds
Goal weight: 10 stone 3 pounds

Starting clothes size: UK 22/24
Goal clothes size: literally anything smaller. A 12 would be wonderful though.

Today was my final day of the old me - the lazy slob who looked after everyone else but never herself. Who stuffed her face with whatever tasted good and required little/no effort. Tomorrow I will be new. I will be organised, productive and happily working towards my goal weight.

My 3 targets for tomorrow are:
- to do some form of exercise (or body magic as you slimming worldians say)
- to make a meal plan for the next 7 days which allows me to feel satisfied and enjoy the meals
- to come back and log my meals for the day.

Wish me luck

Jess x

So today's the day. Number one. The start. There is no excuse now. I feel like I understand the diet plan, I have plenty of veggies and fruit in my fridge. I know what I want, and how to get it - SO LETS DO THIS!!!

Turns out this whole thing isn't quite as easy as it sounds. I always get that buzz of excitement when I decide to go on a diet. I always feel like this is the last ever diet I'll go on, that I'll do fantastically well and be in a bikini for my Kos holiday next July.

I started yesterday well. I had dairylea light(healthy extra) and veggies for breakfast - I hadn't been shopping and this was honestly the best I could do.. It was lovely though - I would never normally choose to have celery sticks and cherry tomatoes at breakfast time but it was a nice change. It all went downhill from there if I'm honest. It was my bf's little girl's 6th birthday party at lunch time and I managed to scoff an egg mayo roll, 2 plain fairy cakes, a bunch of grapes, 2 cocktail sausages and a jaffa cake - but I was still starving so I had some cooked chicken when I got home. For tea we had hot dogs and potato letters...I had 1 and a half hotdogs (and I mean those big ones) in rolls, and about 5 potato letters - it filled the gap but it wasn't that nice tbh. Then it got worse. In the evening I fancied a cup of tea and something sweet, so I had the last apple turnover out of the fridge...and half a bar (a big bar) or galaxy caramel. It was all just mindless eating in front of the box.

Today I skipped breakfast - I know, I know I'm bad..but I didn't get up til gone 11! Then I made us some pasta with a little bit of pesto (syns per tsp??) and chicken. My bf played in a charity football match and afterwards we went to the pub - I had 2 pints of diet coke, and avoided the burger/chips/lasagne everyone else wanted to have to eat. Not it is almost 7pm, my first 2 days of the diet feel fairly disastrous, I'm hungry and I really don't feel like cooking.

I will avoid the chippy though, and get my bottom in gear.

This weight ain't gonna shift itself!

Day off tomorrow so here are my 3 tasks:-

1) Do ten minutes (at least) of exercise (shopping doesn't count lol) - Zumba/wii fit/walking sound like good choices right now
2) Weigh myself
3) Stick to my syn allowance - no cheeky chocolate or cake that goes outside my allowance

Feeling proud that I avoided the chocolate last night. It sounds so silly but I seem to have got into this awful routine of tv, fizzy pop/tea and sweet stuff - usually chocolate. And I don't mean the standard size bars either. About a month ago, my partner and I went through an awful phase of buying those £1 bars of whole dairymilk from the shop up the road. We'd probably eat one a night between the 2 of us, and rather than having it as a one-off treat we'd replace the bar everytime the last one was gone! Not good.

I am a self-confessed chocaholic. I know I can still have treats on Slimming World. The problem with me is that I can't just have one... Once I've had that first taste of sweetness I want more and more - this is going to take some self-control, something that I have really been lacking the past few years.

Well...today is Student Loan day. All students (past or present) count down to this day! Usually this week would be filled with takeaways, cinema trips (with plenty of popcorn and pop) and adding extra goodies to the food shop. Luckily this time I have already decided where I will be spending my money and so by this point next week I will be back to square one agaiin - but at least I can't waste money on junk food when I will soon have a fridge full of healthy yummy food.

Well I'm off to get ready to have my student loan haircut (seriously thats how poor I am, I only get my hair cut when I've had my student loan...) and go shopping for the little ones 6th birthday (which is tomorrow!!).

So I weighed myself. And I lost 4 pounds since this time last week!!! Down to 17stone 0.5lbs. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I even had a victory dance - well I put Linkin Park on really loudly and started boogeying around my dining room. The cat was NOT amused.

And then I still felt energetic so I did 20 minutes on the exercise bike - seriously never managed that long before today.

And then my Asda shopping arrived. I forgot I'd ordered Pain au chocolats. I love those things! But they are probably 4billion syns each. However Asda didn't have the ones I ordered....so instead they sent me the same moneys worth of other ones. Which turned out to be four packs. With four ginormous pastries in each.... so 16. I am NOT eating 16 pain au chocolats!! Going to send them in with my bf tomorrow for the lads at work :)

Ahhh I am exhausted! 5 hours of trekking around the shopping centre has tired me out. Looking forward to a nice relaxing evening.

Got tea in the oven, DVD ready for the player and some PJs calling me name. Ta-ra for today!

Happy birthday to my boyfriends little girl! The little princess turned 6 today.

Took her to run round an indoor play area, then blew my diet at pizza hut and on birthday cake. Hey ho. I had planned it and it WAS a special occasion, so back t normal tomorrow.

Such a strange day today food-wise. Had an asda fat free yogurt and apple for breakfast. Then some cherry tomatoes around 4 o clock for lunch (well just to tide me over til tea time) and am having a chicken salad for tea. For me this is really strange - feel like that isn't enough because I'm absolutely STARVING right now!! But I'm sure I'll be fine. Had to have a low syn day after yesterday....

Anyway I'm off for food now. Before I starve munching on my laptop - seriously. It is that bad.

Someone said something to me that has really stuck in mind. We were discussing weight loss, and for some reason photos came up. Both of us are losing weight, and neither of us like having our photo taken.. she said its sad really. Little things being taken away because of our size.

When I was 17 I was a size 10. I'd spend my evenings trying out different make up looks, putting on outfits, doing my hair, and I took hundreds of photos. AND I'd upload them to show my friends. Now I'm still taking photos, but never of me. And if someone tags me in a picture I have to go judge how bad it is before untagging it.

All because of my weight.

I'm sick of existing, I deserve to live. I deserve to do fun exciting things. I deserve to enjoy my life. I deserve to have my photo taken.

Back