JESUS! How on earth can you stick to this!!

harrietkatie

I got my package this morning and ive tried the oatmeal, the shake and one of the bars. They all make my tummy turn :( I am really disappointed. mainly with myself i guess. i only got a weeks worth. but still! i have some others to try anyway. but so far i cant do it! yuck, id rather just eat 800 cals of nice things! like salad and veg and fruit! x x:(:confused:

The problem is that salad, veg and fruit wouldn't give you enough nutrition on 800 kcals, even if you added protein within that calorie amount. The products have a full days supply of nutrients (and as a result their taste might take a bit of getting used depending on your tastes). Maybe you were unlucky with flavours though? I stick to strawberry and chocolate shakes, spag bol and lemon yoghurt bars primarily as I know I like them - plus I'm an oldtimer so I haven't really had a chance to try to newer products. Everyone has different favs, and its really a case of finding the flavours you like :)

It is definitely worth perservering and seeing whether you like any of the other packs. There are some packs which I hate and if I'd tried those first then I would have been put off! Try the other packs and see whether there are any you do like.

As others have said you can't get the nutrition you need from conventional food on such low calories. You need to make sure you get the protein you need in particular - as you will have muscle wastage if you don't have enough. The packs take care of this for you.

Also, you can't eat fruit and be in ketosis (or at least it would be very hard to achieve) as fruit contains a lot of sugar.

I would definitely persevere and try all the other flavours, order some samples first.

Hang on in there, i was th exact same when i first started out earlier in the year! but once id tried a few i too found my favourites! i have noticed that my tastes buds have changed my sweet tooth seems to be dwindling and spicy seems to be more appealing to me at the mo! make sure you drink plenty of water that is a must for breaking down the packs as some are quite consentrated! i dont like the porridge as porridge i have it as a cookie wuith a coffee in the morning! bar for lunch then whatever spicy i ahve in for dinner with veg and protein for snacks later!

Oh; hope it's not that bad; I've just ordered some samples to try.
Just restarted Exante as have about 2 weeks of packs to use up but only like 2 shakes so bit boring; do I have 1 vanilla and 2 banana or 2 banana and 1 vanilla or 3 the same oh the choices I face(lol); so thought I'd try Slim & Save, liked the idea of getting a few samples before commiting my self to a months supply.

i think the taste ok :) personally if i could eat 800 cals of nice things fruit n veg etc i wouldnt be here lol :rolleyes:

Back