ProPoints Jo-Jo will not yo-yo anymore (the WW edition!)

jo-85

Gold Member
So here I am, my name is Jo, 26 im from birmingham i work as a recovery practitioner in the NHS and I'm a WW convert having joined following 12 months following SW. Lost 1.5 stone on SW and for most of the time enjoyed the diet however found it became difficult to fit in with my lifestyle and because I constantly had to think about how and what fitted into the day I was having I was getting a little bit obsessed with it. I still live at home with my parents and younger brother, me and my mum diet together and i found that it was even causing arguments between us as I was that worried about what we were having and whether we were "allowed" and she wasn't as concerned with this, it became a major bone of contention! So as much as I loved my leader and my group we decided that to suit our lifestyles and to make our lives a little bit easier we joined ww. It's not the first time I've followed the ww plan, I mean I've been dieting since I was knee high to a grasshopper so have done most of them around but we left shortly after PP came out so it has been a little bit new to us again, but so far so good. Have been enjoying having a bit more freedom and have found my portion sizes have reduced hugely, first wi 4 off and 2nd wi 1.5 tomorrow being my third wi.

I've always been overweight and really don't know what it's like to be thin or happy with my body however at various stages in my life I have been bigger than at others. I can't name a weight I want to be as I really don't know what will be right for me all I know is I wanna be happy with myself, comfy in my own skin and confident in all situations not just where I know people, I wanna walk in a bar first instead of behind all my friends trying to make myself look as small as possible!

I've never been a "big loser" and seem to gain big numbers even for a couple of days off plan. I think part of this is down to PCOS which I was diagnosed with when I was 16 and it seems my metabolism is pretty slow. even when I was a new born baby having same amount of milk as my cousin I was putting on weight so fast the midwife thought my mum was over feeding me! Although you would have thought id have accepted this by now it's frustrating when sticking to plan to the letter and seeing small numbers coming off, being ok with this is still a work in progress.

If your still reading this well done and thanks im sure your supportive words are gunna help me on my journey. I have made some good minimins friends already in the sw section of the forum :)wavey: if any of u guys are reading this!) and they've kept me focused, motivated and have even been there with their kind words when I've felt rubbish, I hope they still visit me and that I meet more good minimins friends here too :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kernow Jo said:
Hi hun , I'm also a Jo, just thought I would welcome you into the ww forum. I am sure you will comtinue to do well on weight watchers. I have been following the old plan for a while now and recently changed over to the propoints. I have lost loads but have been losing and putting on the same stone for the last 6 months. Its now time for me to knuckle down and shift these unwanted lbs. I found walking helped me and am now getting back into it as I haven't done much exercise over the last few months. I also have a diary on here and find it a great way to stay on track and get those thoughts down on paper. Hope you do ok this week. Jo x

Hi jo :) Thanks for the welcome :) how have u found changing over to pro points? Well done for your loss so far :) going to come and have a look for your diary, good luck with the next lbs. at the moment I'm not doing any exercise just finally getting over a really bad back that I've had for nearly 4 months now hoping I can start some gentle swimming and walking soon waiting for go ahead from physio. Glad to hear you've got back into your walking :)

Well wi number three today not a result would necessarily have wanted a mahoosive 3 on but was very deserved and very expected. I had a heavy food bank hol weekend and my dads birthday I had every intention of getting back on plan Tuesday but as often happens I didn't manage too. But now with a line drawn after wi I'm ready for the week ahead, have a monthy pass bought and a new tracker at the ready :)

Kernow Jo said:
I am sorry to read you had a gain but I am sure you know that if you get back on track those extra lbs will soon be gone. We all have weeks when we let things slip and we over endulge. Its a new week!

I have found it quite hard changeing over to propoints and have been loseing and then putting on the same lbs for months. I think I have now got to grips with it and will hopefully start to loss and keep it off.

I hope you have a good week ahead! Jo x

Yep a ww week and I'm ready to get back on track tbh I've felt bloated and horrid all week having eaten so much so be good to be back on it :) its disappointing seeing a gain but dont mind so much when I know I deserve it.

Glad to what you've finally got to grips with pp I was doing ww when it initially came in and fou s it so hard going from discover to pp, coming back to it new hasn't been so hard. I'm sure those lbs will start to drop off now :) have a good week too x

Well back on track for me yesterday have had two good days and already scales showing a loss although think thats more to do with the bloatedness going. Felt sooooo bloated and yucky all last week with all the junk. Was pleased with myself last night tho even tho I had a mega row with my parents (me and my dad still aren't talking!) I didn't reach for the chocolate to make myself feel better which I would have usually! Helped I went to bed away from the kitchen but it is only a short walk away just knew it would be something else I would feel crap about!

Kernow Jo said:
Well done for getting back on track and avoiding the choccy after the fall out with your mum & Dad. I hate getting upset because it can be a trigger for me to comfort eat so I know where you are coming from. Well done! Jo x

Thanks Jo it's always been one of my bigger triggers so was a bit of a success for me x

Hi there here to follow your journey and to offer advice and support. Xx

Hi Jo!
Found your diary!
Keep up the good work! Well done on not reaching for the chocie.
Im an emotional eater and its a hard habbit to break! So really well done.

sleepymum said:
Hi Jo!
Found your diary!
Keep up the good work! Well done on not reaching for the chocie.
Im an emotional eater and its a hard habbit to break! So really well done.

Welcome sleepymum and thanks :) I'm a bit of a rambler so I apologise in advance! I think emotional eating had been the hardest for me to break! X

Best of luck for weigh in!
Looks like you have had a good week, so hopefully you will see the result you want!!

Good luck for weigh in Hun xx

Well done thats brilliant.

Do you use your weekly points? (All/some), do you loose better if you do/dont??

Looks like ww is really working for you!!

Kernow Jo said:
Well done Jo thats great! Jo x

Thanks Jo x

sleepymum said:
Well done thats brilliant.

Do you use your weekly points? (All/some), do you loose better if you do/dont??

Looks like ww is really working for you!!

thankyou. I'm yet to fully work out when I lose best re weekly points but this week I used about 10 of the 49 im still working it out. Definitely liking ww tho :) x

Kernow Jo said:
Hi, I see from the September challenge that you had a wee gain this week. Just wanted to say we all have weeks like this and you mustn't let it get you down hun. Get straight back on track and this time next week those lbs will be gone. Take care Jo x

Hi Jo. Thanks for popping in whilst I was away being busy :) I did have a gain more like a mahoosive one lol :) thanks for your inspiring words too your so right I've had an on plan day today and meeting helped last night spurring me on thinking of Xmas :) fingers crossed for a loss next week x

Sorry to here about your gain Hun but re focus and you can have that off by next week xx

Back