Job advice please

Loopeylou

Gold Member
Hiya, could do with some advise.
I had an interview went really well last night, was there for 2 hours but was informal so it flew past. Great company, philosphy and the director and manager interviewing me seemed really genuine.
Got a tour of office, plasma screens all on with Olympics streaming!!! wohoo lol.....salary is £3k more, 5 days more holiday.....only negative are working week is 40 hours not 37.5 (not a problem for me though) and no company pension scheme - this is disappointing but not a deal breaker, would just need to get some independent advise and set up a private one. I've always been in a pension scheme since I was 18 ( so 21 years ) so is a bit unnerving I guess.
Also got 2nd interview on Monday for a diff job which is very diff but still really keen on but this one is exciting in a different way - tricky as if I accept this one and got offered the other one then what do I do. Being realistic the Monday interview is my favoured company even though less money etc but if I wasn't offered that one I would def accept this one......just didn't expect to get 2 such great opportunities within a week.
Could I accept this one if offered and then pull out the end of next week if I get the other job???????

He said he will call me today - expect it to be after 6 when I get home from work.......mmmmm decisions!!!

x

Of course you can

Go with your heart - interview for both and ten weigh up your options, nothing stops you accepting one then pulling out - circumstance change. So they won't think badly of you.

You have to go with what you think hun

Goodluck for both opportunities x

Of course you can

Go with your heart - interview for both and ten weigh up your options, nothing stops you accepting one then pulling out - circumstance change. So they won't think badly of you.

You have to go with what you think hun

Goodluck for both opportunities x

I thought that too, just wasn't sure if there were any legal obligations etc.....hopefully will hear on other job soon after the interview so would be able to let them know sooner rather than later.
Just don't like accepting then disappointing but need to hedge my bets and keep options open if I get the choice :rolleyes:
Thanks
x

you have to be selfish and do whats best for you - take one then pull out if you get the other - all is fair in love and jobs! Lol. You have to do whats right for you - dont worry about others. I have done some recruitment and it happens all the time chick. best of luck x

I am in the same boat. Just been offered and have accepted but have another iv tomorrow and if I get that one I will pull out from acceptance of this one. I work in recruitment and it happens all the time do don't worry about it. Do what's right for you ! Xxx

Thanks so much guys, I was offered the preferred one and got the offer letter yesterday.
Last night I wrote a very nice email to the GR manager of the other company bring honest but also thanking them for their time etc

I then confirmed to new company me acceptance, handed in my resignation and I start my new job on 10th sept - very happy :) x

Back