Jodie's weight loss diary-target 2013!!!

Mummysturt1

Hi everyone
I'm Jodie, 27, married for 2 years and have a 2.5 year old boy, James. I'm also a yo-yo dieter.
I have been overweight since about 9years old, not massively but enough for people to treat me different.
I was the one who always fancied the boy but never got him.
I joined my first slimming club, slimming world when I was 15. I think I weighed in at about 12.5stone.
I lost oh around 4-5lbs. I then joined weight watchers put on a bit lost a bit. I have never got a half stone award at a slimming club. I even to this day tell myself that I need the group to be able to lose the weight, well now today I have realised I have been going to some kind of group for 12 years and its not happened.
I met my husband when I was 21 and weighed 11st 4. I then crept back up to 12.4 when I fell pregnant with James. Whilst pregnant I got up to over 15st, lost a stone when he was born then a little more after. Gradually over the year I lost a bit here and there.
In August 2011 I weighed 11st 10. I started a new job and now weigh 13.3.4.
So after trying ww, sw etc I am now giving slim fast (well ultra slim) a try.
Probably not the best time to start, less then a week till Xmas but I am always one for oh ill start Monday or on the 1st etc.
I'm hoping to lose the 3.4lbs by Xmas day to get me back into 12,s.
sorry it's a long post but I think I'm goin to use this site for when I am struggling or doing well.
Please feel free to comment and offer how you have done on slim fast
Thanks for reading and here is to getting to target in 2013 once and for all!!!!! Xxx

Hi Jodie and Welcome :welcome:

I'm much they same as you in as much as I've always been a bit on the 'chunkier' side and in my late teens/early 20's I had a very physical job (working with horses) so I got to eat what ever I wanted and still weigh between 8.7 and 9st. Then I got an office job and carried on eating with no exercise and my weight crept up to over 12st (I think about 12.2). Then came the 'heartbreak' diet where I lost just over 2st in 3 months (no food and lots of Vodka!)
I met my hubby in 2003 and weighed just under 10st (my goal weight now) since then I have given up smoking (put on 1.5st) had 2 beautiful little girls (5 and 3 yrs) and I can't keep saying this is 'baby weight' or extra from giving up smoking. The truth of the matter is I love food and I'm greedy :eek:
I started Ultra Slim on 12th November weighing 12st 11lbs and so far I have lost 12.5lbs (as at this morning) and I feel so much better just for losing that adn I've had to pull my belt in 2 holes.
You CAN do it and you will get support from here (I'm always here reading but don't always post)

I lost 5lb in my first week so I'm pretty sure if you stick to plan that you should get into the 12's by Tuesday x x
Good Luck hun!

Thanks for the reply.
It didn't happen starting when I was meant to but I'm now starting tomorrow, 22nd dec and giving up smoking. The reason for this day is its my 2nd wedding anniversary so I think the date I turn my life around should be a significant one xxx
Well done on your weight loss. I'm going to see X factor tour 29th jan so of I can get to low 12 then ill be happy. I'm hopelessly in love with James arthur lol so it is a good aim for me. My plan Xmas day is shake for breakfast, a nice dinner then go easy for tea. Xxx

Oh good on you! I'm coming completely off plan for Christmas and boxing day but straight back on it afterwards :) we're staying at the in laws and I'd rather they not know.
Just remember to follow the plan and drink lots of water and you'll be fine x

Well my new start today didn't happen. What is wrong with me. Maybe I should wait till new year. I'm also debating if I should do ww or sf? Any suggestions xxx

LOL! Maybe wait until the new year then and you can figure out the best plan :D

I've just ordered a sample pack from Slim and Save to start in the new year to see how I get on with that. I'd never heard of it before coming on here. Have a look on all the different sections and see what appeals to you x

I want the weight off as quick as possible without having to diet lol but I know that is not possible. Ww and sf are the only diets I ever lost any weight on. I am so obsessed with food that I think sf is the best way to go. Maybe I'll start day after Boxing Day. Weigh myself in boots x

Hi :) I'm starting the Cambridge diet on the 2nd jan I no it's an hard diet but last time I did it I lost 2 stone in 2 month.. Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Oh god weighed myself this morning and I'm 13.4.6. I'm gaining like a pound a day. I have to do something. I feel such a mess I can't seem to sort myself out. In scared by the day after Boxing Day or New Year's Day I will be getting closer to 14st. What do I do. Is it possible to start sf today and not gain over christmas. Or do I do ww and go to a group. Please someone help x

Morning hun, sorry to butt in saw ur thread come up on the recent posts on my app.

What I've learnt from dieting this year is that ur head has got to be in it 100% before u start anything else ur setting urself up for failure and will just get urself all worked up. Also you have to enjoy the diet to some extent. Xmas is only 2 days away, why not get it out the way, have a think an a look round at all the diets, research it and then see which u feel you would be happiest doing.

Don't worry about the few extra lbs over Xmas, because after it you will lose it with a diet you like and will stick too :)

But if u do want to start something now and think you can stik to it over Xmas then I'd imagine you won't gain. Ww or sf are great diets to follow over the Xmas period

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Back