Jogging - How much and how often?

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I've been for a jog this morning and loved it. I'm thinking of making it a regular thing.

I was thinking of going twice a week Saturdays and Wednesdays for a mile each.

Is this enough or do I need to do it more?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
x x

Last edited:
lyndzi76 said:
I've been for a jog this morning and loved it. I'm thinking of making it a regular thing.

I was thinking of going twice a week Saturdays and Wednesdays for a mile each.

Is this enough or do I need to do it more?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
x x

Why not to c2 5k it's a programme that builds up gradually x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, I've been doing c25k. It's great. Three times a week.

I think you need to work out three times a week to see the real benefits? That's what I was told by my PT and again by the gym bunny who did my induction.

I am however..... the laziest cow on earth ;) so I am not the person to dish out advice really!!! And the realist in me says to do what you can and build on it gradually!! or you build yourself up for a fail.

Legomom said:
I think you need to work out three times a week to see the real benefits? That's what I was told by my PT and again by the gym bunny who did my induction.

I am however..... the laziest cow on earth ;) so I am not the person to dish out advice really!!! And the realist in me says to do what you can and build on it gradually!! or you build yourself up for a fail.

I'm lazy aswell so not sure how long the jogging will last. Three times a week it is then. x x

I've got to the last day of week 6. The 25 minute run. And suddenly my head is just not playing ball. So leaving it for a while. But it's been great up til now. I havent run since I was in secondary school and even then, that was only when I was forced to in PE lol. Really enjoyed doing it with c25k

Back