Extra Easy Joined end Sept and struggling !

CYMRAES

Hi folks ! I need a SW buddie.......
I joined 29th Sept and following EE optimising menu. First week I lost 5lbs , I was chuffed ! Then I was away on holiday for a week and lost only half lb. Third weigh in I'd lost 5lbs , chuffed again. ten and a half lbs gone !

Then weighed in last night and gained half a pound........having stuck rigidly to the programme. It was my period week and I felt particularly bloated so I suspect that had something to do with it.........still bad to have gained half a pound after rigidly sticking to everything . Not demotivated but could do with a buddy on here.
I am 48yrs old. I weighed 19st 4 lbs so have lots to loose. I know I've lost 10lbs but feeling I need a boost after last night's downer !!

Hi folks ! I need a SW buddie....... I joined 29th Sept and following EE optimising menu. First week I lost 5lbs , I was chuffed ! Then I was away on holiday for a week and lost only half lb. Third weigh in I'd lost 5lbs , chuffed again. ten and a half lbs gone ! Then weighed in last night and gained half a pound........having stuck rigidly to the programme. It was my period week and I felt particularly bloated so I suspect that had something to do with it.........still bad to have gained half a pound after rigidly sticking to everything . Not demotivated but could do with a buddy on here. I am 48yrs old. I weighed 19st 4 lbs so have lots to loose. I know I've lost 10lbs but feeling I need a boost after last night's downer !!
Hiya cymraes :)

Your losses have been fab! Especially to lose after a holiday and I'd definitely put the gain down to bloating/water retention. You'll probably have another fab loss next week to make up for it.

Have you done sw before? I started again at the end of July after almost getting to target a few years ago and then piling all the weight back on plus more! This time it will be gone for good xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Keep going, you are doing great! I'm sure the gain was just water retention and you'll see the loss next time. Whatever you do, don't give up! I know from bitter experience how easy it is to let something like this derail you. I've just rejoined after falling off the wagon many times - I've I'd just kept going I'd be at goal now. Why don't we buddy up and try and keep each other going?

Keep going, you are doing great! I'm sure the gain was just water retention and you'll see the loss next time. Whatever you do, don't give up! I know from bitter experience how easy it is to let something like this derail you. I've just rejoined after falling off the wagon many times - I've I'd just kept going I'd be at goal now. Why don't we buddy up and try and keep each other going?

Yes ! Good idea to buddy up. This is my first time on SW and I'm actually really surprised at how much food you can have !! I write everything down in "my little red book" and count up all the syns and healthy extras at the end of every day so I know exactly where I am. I have just about sussed the need to eat lots of super free and fast foods......and luckily I love all green veg so its dead easy. My first week loosing 5 lbs and last weeks loosing 5lbs were great. Just the motivation I needed. Even loosing 1lb after a weeks holiday was quite ok. But to gain half a pound last night after being sooooo good all week......

I stuck rigidly to everything last week and still gained the half pound so a bit disappointing - well, VERY to be honest. But I am not de-railed and have carried on with the same enthusiasm today. I never used to eat any breakfast at all but now have twp weetabix with my skimmed milk allocation every morning (healthy extra a and b). I have cooked brekkie at the weekend as I am not working so have the time to prepare a proper brekkie.

What I have cut out is butter and margarine, lots of olive oil, all bread , biscuits, cakes, sweets , chocolate. I only have skimmed milk on my weetabix in the morning now then all my hot drinks are black throughout the day. Those have been the major changes for me. Really, I have not struggled with any of it. I cook a SW recipie every night so have tried out many of the recipies including lamb navarin, chicken curry, chicken jalfrezi, tuna pasta bake, beef bouginion, beef in red wine etc. They are all really tasty , healthy and good filling meals. I usually have a muller light yogurt or fruit for afters. As I say, I am not struggling at all. I have had no cravings and feel quite satisfied. But GOSH! I was disappointed last night.

I am just hoping that next weds will show last week's loss minus the water retention plus this week's loss so I hope that my ten pounds weight loss will turn into a stone.

Any other tips for a newbie like me out there apart from - keep on going and don't give up! ??

Thanks xxxx

It sounds like you are already doing most of the things I would suggest!! Cooking from scratch, trying new recipes, and experimenting with new foods is really important I think - it keeps things interesting. I'd also say make the most of community resources like this. I'm doing SW at home this time, as I don't really get on with groups, and I find the opportunity to share the ups and downs with other people on sites like this absolutely invaluable.

It sounds like you are already doing most of the things I would suggest!! Cooking from scratch, trying new recipes, and experimenting with new foods is really important I think - it keeps things interesting. I'd also say make the most of community resources like this. I'm doing SW at home this time, as I don't really get on with groups, and I find the opportunity to share the ups and downs with other people on sites like this absolutely invaluable.
I don't do groups either ! I only go in to class to weigh and see if there's any new recipie books.......! I just can't abide the sitting around bit ..........but I do feel I need to go there for the weigh in and just find anything new. I never buy any of their branded biscuits and bars or that stuff - such a rip off. But i DO like the recipie books , curries etc. And I like to get my book out and get my weight filled in etc (except for last night when it was half a pound on !!!). I'm having chicken curry and rice tonight. Can't wait - yummy and all healthy !!

just think how much you might have gained if you hadn't stuck to plan? Prob was just water retention You are doing really well keep going & im sure you will get your stone award next week :)

You ALWAYS platau please try not let it sabbotage your week. Guaranteed you'll step on the scales monday and you would have dropped - typical. Change your mindset to really want to loose rather than throw in the towel and I bet you'll have an amazing loss next week....dont be your own worst saboteur (speaking from experience) stick at it lady your stone award is in sight!!!

You ALWAYS platau please try not let it sabbotage your week. Guaranteed you'll step on the scales monday and you would have dropped - typical. Change your mindset to really want to loose rather than throw in the towel and I bet you'll have an amazing loss next week....dont be your own worst saboteur (speaking from experience) stick at it lady your stone award is in sight!!!
oooo no, haven't let it sabotage my week at all ! Stuck to it absolutely rigidly all week. Weigh in on Weds night. Joined 29th sept and can HONESTLY say i have stuck to it apart from my holiday week and even lost 1lb then !! Cross fingers for next weds - hopefully the water retention should have gone !! Anybody else experience this during their period week - and how long does it last ???

Back