Joined the gym

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Irene, 19 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Morning
    I joined Curves gym last night - 30 min workout 3 times a week is what they recommend. I was told my weight could stay the same but it shows in inch loss - we will see. I have a complimentary free month and depending on results I will then decide if it is for me.
    Was in the chat room last night - quite a few there mostly from other forums.
    Lovely to see new names on the forum and hello to you all.
    Irene

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Irene, I am thinking of joining my local council gym as I not only want to lose weight but tone up at the same time. At least if we lose the inches we will still drop the dress sizes. I need to drop about 4 dress sizes before I will be happy. Well done on your weight loss so far hun, you have done really well. xx

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I joined my local council gym via the GP exercise referal. I only got a 6 month pass as the girl who seen me said I was already *too active* :rolleyes: However once my 6 months is up, I'm going to join them and so is my hubby ( although he doesn't know that yet lol :D)
    Ali x

5. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Curves is a franchise and I think through out the country, at the moment you buy a splenda product and take in your receipt and get 30 days for free.:)

6. Ayla

Ayla Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    If you really stick to it properly for at least a month or so, you will find that you actually become quite addicted to going, so make sure that you plan well and don't make any excuse not to go!! like me....

I used to be brilliant at going, but now that the OH is on shift work I have found it really hard to get there with the kids, but have now started taking an hour out during the day, so am up to 3 times a week now, just hope to get it up to 4 if I can swing it.

7. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You're right Ayla, once you start going you get hooked!

8. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Will make the most of my free month -used to go to a gym but wasn't working full time then but went early morning and had loads of energy during the day.
    I am going to go straight from work and the great thing is I will still be home by 4.45pm.
    If I get bitten by the gym bug I am going to ask for money for my birthday to put towards the membership.
    Irene

Last edited: 20 June 2008
  9. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'd love to go in the morning - I can only do that at the weekend & I really like it. Sets me up for the day.

Our local council gym is only £25 a month for all gyms, classes, pools and ice skating. It's brilliant.

10. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats what i am hoping for if i go sat morning

11. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Evening
    I went to the gym straight from work and was still home before 5pm. The 30 min workout went so fast.
    Plan on going tomorrow morning probably be out and back before my sons are even up.:rolleyes:
    I took my own measurements this morning - going to redo them half way through the month.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone.
    Irene

12. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    you go girl, have a good weekend too xx

13. Taronga Leela

Taronga Leela Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya Irene,

I was in the chatroom last night (talking rubbish :eek: )

I'm really glad you likes the gym! I was going to ojoin Curves but for the price I could join another gym and for £25 a month Ii can have unlilmited use of the gym and all the exercise classes. I've got my first induction tomorrow eeeekkk!!

Hope you get thhe results you want from going there. Even if it doesn't increase your weight loss, your heart, lungs and all other insidey bits will benefit LOL

x x x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.