Joining after health scares

Hello I'm new!

I'm 27 years old, a mum of three and I was told on Friday that I likely have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and may be diabetic. I'm 5ft 6 and weigh 14st 7lb. I previously believed I was just a little overweight and an average size but my GP says that I am obese and that it may be the cause of my health problems, including fatigue that makes it very difficult for me to look after my little girls as well as they deserve some days. Now I need to lose weight. I cannot be somebody whose weight makes them stop breathing at night, who may be diabetic, who is failing as a mother because she is too fatigued to be as good as her daughter's deserve from her. No more. I joined up to the forum today and I hope I can lose the weight. I've been trying for years but for the wrong reasons. Previously I wanted to lose weight so I was good enough for my partner, so I was attractive and beautiful. Now I need to lose weight for my health. I pray that I stay strong and motivated because I am appalled at letting myself get into this state :(

Thank you for providing a friendly group forum to share this journey with.

CoffeeGirl88

Welcome CoffeGirl88:)

If you are not sleeping properly at night you are bound to be feeling tired during the day.

Good luck on your diet journey and wishing you success and better health.

Hi and welcome :)

It sounds like it's been tough, but you know now what you need to do and 27 is young enough to change and reverse the bad effects! My friend is 34 and he was diagnosed with diabeties through obesity, he's now lost 6 stone and his diabeties is gone - so it can be done!

Stay motivated and we're all here if you need us :)

Back