Joining in the USA

sarajscott

Started swusa last Saturday after seeing how well my British friends have done, I lost 3lbs last week which I'm
Pretty excited about :)

But as I've seen there arent many things that carry over to here as far as brands, goods etc.. Can anymore Americans give me snack ideas? Or substitutes? Can I have pork and beans instead of baked beans? That Would be awesome!

Ha I can tell you now you definitely can't have pork and beans and call them free :) its a shame there aren't more Americans on here, the supports really fab I hope you do well!
If you find anyone wanting to join you let me recommend them so I could win a trip to America? :D I'll even bring with me slimming world friendly English food :D

As much as I've seen I can have them ??? I do stay away from all the beans with extra sugar or honey etc though.. It's hard to find substitutes here :(

The pork and beans variety are not free, infact the only ones which I have found which are are the bush's vegetarian one, the others are high in sugar etc

Last edited:
Where are you in the US? Depending where you are, there might be a small British ex-pat community nearby and you can generally find a British food shop. You can also look for Heinz Vegetarian Baked Beans (made in tomato sauce like the UK version). That would be a better substitute for pork and beans.

Good luck to all you USA gals and guys on the Slimming World eating plan. It really does work. My tip is to go for as much fat free foods and low cal drinks as you can, substituting them for what you usually have.

:)

Back