Joining SW 10th Sept - nervous?!

Bella Cullen

Hi,

I wanted to start a new thread for September joiners to track. I'm re-joining slimming world tomorrow evening and I'm nervous, excited and apprehensive all rolled in to one.

I haven't done sw for a few years and everything looks different. I'm determined this time though. I don't want to be dead by the time I'm 40 (I'm 32 now) I want to be healthy and wear clothes I like not just because they fit me.

I'm taking my 14 yr old daughter with me as well as she's piled on the pounds as well and is 14.5st (she's 5'11) and I love that sw teenager system doesn't focus on weight loss but on food education and talking to the teenagers about how to make good choices. I think we will both benefit from this.

I worry that I shouldn't be taking her to a slimming class and that it could be bad for her self image. Feeling really torn hence the apprehension.

I wanted to put some goals down to help me chart what I aim to achieve:

Starting weight 22st 2lb

1st goal: lose 7lb
2nd goal: lose 1st
3rd goal: get to the 19's

These are pretty short term and I will add more with time.

I've been trying to be really good today despite finding out granddad passed away during the night.

Bad news makes me eat and I'm being good.

I've had so far:

A banana, apple, pineapple lolly (just a wide finger of pineapple).

I'm about to have some skinny soup for lunch (African chicken an peanut) and I have an apple and tangerine for this afternoon.

My first class is at 7pm.

I went to class. The consultant was lovely i'm actually 22st 12lb a full 10lb more than I though and I'm the heaviest ive ever been.

The hard work starts here!

Sorry to read about your sad news, bet he would have been proud of you taking that first step to class though!

Just think, you'll never see that number on those scales again :D

You have made the first steps in the right direction, good luck with your weight loss journey!

Good luck in your journey you may find your daughter going to will really help as u will support each other and keep each other in line cook together etc .., sorry to hear about your grandad xxx

Hi Bella, think I commented on one of your other posts yesterday, I am so glad you took the step too start with slimming world again, we are of similar weight and I am sure can help each other, I was 25st11lb when I started in March and last Thursday at group was 22st so just 3lbs off 4stone, it is such a lovely eating plan I really don't feel that I'm dieting. My class is on a Thursday evening everyone is so friendly and you do not feel judged at all. So between us we can do this, just think clothes we choose not just clothes that fit eh

Speak again soon good luck (you won't need luck if you stick to the plan IT WORKS)

Margaret x

Thank you guy. It's lovely how supportive everyone is on here.

I forgot my book at work today (where I planned to read it all as I didn't get in till late last night) I took the mag instead. Doh.

I had a jacket with beans and a big side salad for lunch. I've scoffed lots of fruit, so much so I've had to do a mid-week shop despite only having ASDA come on Sat! I'm not used to being into the fruit and salad stuff. It's all good stuff though and I'm determined to have a decent loss next week.

Has anyone else noticed people trying to sabotage their diet? I said to everyone today I'd joined SW and one of the guys on another team kept bringing me in bits of cake, biscuits, haribo sweet etc and saying "one little bit wont hurt, don't be such a spoil sport/party pooper. He's never offered me any sort of food stuff before and he was making me feel bad for saying no. I did however tell him to stop trying to sabotage my diet being "one of the gang" is one of the many reasons I'm the size I bleeding am! Someone else said they are bringing buns in on Thurs for their bday and I said I wouldn't be joining in so as not to offend and said I'd bring something that I can have to join them for a cuppa and a bite to eat. This also came with "WHAT?!!! you can't not have some cake, it's my birthday".

Grrr

I just wanted to say well done for rejoining! I rejoined the same day as you but I'm doing it online. You're right about the sabotage, some people don't understand and some are just a bit mean!

It's weird one of the girls at work brought in buns today and was getting all offended that I wouldn't have one so I gave in and had a bite of a cupcake but then I felt too guilty and binned the rest. I said surely my wasting almost a full cake was worse than not having one? but she was being sweet and I feel bad.

Other than that I'm doing well and sticking to it religiously :) I'm looking forward to Monday to find out if I've lost anything. Although the fact i've been doing it 4 days is why I'm enjoying it so far!

Hi Bella, well I said I would report in after weigh in tonight, I had such a shock and am so disappointed I really thought I was going to have a good weight losss as one of my skirts seems so much looser this week, then I get on the scales only to see a 2 and half pound gain, I could hardly believe it as I have stuck to the plan, and must confess to sitting with tears once I got home. Anyway onwards and upwards try again this week. Congratulations on having the strength to throw the cupcake, I am sure you felt better for doing it, well good luck for Monday, let me know how you do Margaret x

Oh no that's such a shame. I'd have been gutted as well. Are you keeping a food diary?

People are funny when it comes to diets, I've got to the point that I don't really tell anyone anymore - but that's also because I've failed so many times ;) I do find it odd that people really try hard to sabotage, I mean you'd said in advance that you wouldn't have any cake & would bring your own.....but ditto above well done on not eating it. Try & stay strong & you're not really offending these guys by not eating their bad foods they're just jealous that you're taking some control of your life whatever size they are. I've less to lose & when I say I want to lose 1st people always say no, you don't need to etc.. even though they're a size 8/10!!! For this 'diet' I've told most people I'm just eating more healthily & cutting down after a summer of excess!

How's your daughter getting on? I wouldn't worry too much that you're taking her to a slimming group as you say it's educational & if she learns now she may not get into that biscuits circle that we all do of gain weight lose weight gain even more weight etc... I think just be aware of her becoming obsessive with it but I'm sure you are :)

Good luck with it all, I've tried SW before & although I calorie count now I still take their principles with me, especially the extra easy, have 1/3 plate as salad/veg. I'm not always successful but it's in the back of my mind :)

Sorry to hear you had a gain Margaret, hopefully next week will be better....do you keep a food diary because if you gain again I would speak to the consultant & maybe she/he can help :)

I have not kept a diary of everything I eat but I do log and write the syns down, I have got a very big appetite thats how I, and I suppose everyone else get overweight. Do you think its possible to eat too much of the free foods? I know with certainty that I eat plenty of fruit and veg and very rarely have more than about 13 syns and try not to have less than 8. I do have arthritic disability and can do very little exercise, I will admit that I had not been to the loo for more than a wee that day but come on 2 and a half pounds LOL just trying to cut down a little on the free food and see what happens this week. So nice to be able to talk to people here who know what all this weight and dieting feels like, thank you everyone you keep me on track I'm sure xx

Welcome and good luck to you all.
I find that a food diary is a must, don't cheat, put EVERY THING YOU EAT in it as the Consultant can then check it and possibly find where you go wrong. I still do mine even though I am at Target, possibly because i'm so used to doing now!
I find that even though I eat a lot and feel full after a meal I can still loose weight. I do eat a lot of salad & fruit a week.
Keep going, the plan does work!
Pete

I have been so so good and then let myself down on Saturday night (after going to a party and being a saint) I had a chicken and lamb shish kebab with salad and pitta. This isn't that bad I know but I could have kicked myself as there really was no need for it.

I was totally back on plan yesterday and I've left purse at home today purposely so I can't buy anything at work and I've got a ham salad with beetroot for lunch and lots of free foods to snack on.

I've been keeping track of everything that passes my lips (using the myfitnesspal app) and I'll write it up for my consultant (she forgot to give me diary sheets)

I'll report tomorrow on how my first weigh in went.

Dum dum dum ............. 5lb off! although the girl at the weigh in counter said it was 4.5lb but my calculations are surely the scales said 22st 12lb last week and this week they said 22st 7lb :)

I'm really pleased :bliss:

Wow well done you :D and well done for getting back on track immediately. That would send me into an out of control spiral for Sunday. You must be so pleased :)

Back