Jon Stead Weight Loss Diary

Jon Stead

Day 7

Starting this a bit late but I have just found where to put it - ooh err Missus!

Started a week ago while I am working away offshore. Thought it best to start here, rather than at home, as it quite easy to remove yourself from the temptation by just avoiding the galley altogether. The only problem is the smell of food. If the wind is in the right direction then the galley exhaust fumes are taken in by the accommodation fans and distributed around the cabins. Thankfully this doesn't happen often.

A typical day for me is to arise around 03.30, have my first shake at about 08.00, second shake at 18.30 and go to bed about 20.00. Oh and I weigh myself every morning when I get up. I find the anticipation to see the weight loss helps me get out of bed. :)

The problem I have with doing this diet offshore is getting the shake sachets out to the rig. Imagine the airport security when their X ray machines pick up on the "powder" inside my bag.

I hope to write more tomorrow but in the emantime things are going good.

OK as I am now on Day 8 I decided to start introducing a bit more exercise into the program.

Today was the first day of the "pontoon steps". There are 182 steps from the bottom of our pontoon to the lower deck so I intend to do these at least once a day. So today I did it with one stop at the halfway point. My goal is to do it with no stops. So onwards and upwards - pun intended.

Good Luck Jon it seems you've made a cracking start :) keep up the great work x x x

Fab diary so far...your doing great and well done on the pontoon steps :D L xx

Day 9

Managed to trade two strawberry shakes for a Vanilla and a Chicken soup with somebody onboard yesterday. Had the chicken soup hot last night and it was quite satisfying. I will get some other flavours when I get home and at least add a bit of variety to my diet!

Pontoon steps again this morning, starboard side yeaterday, I'll do the port side ones today. Exactly the same, just on the other side of the rig :D

Still going strong and feeling good. Weight loss seems to have slowed but I am still convinced of the success of this diet so I will continue.

Rest assured you will be loosing. I like the idea of the change of scenery with the exercise - you don't want to get bored ha!ha!. Keep up the good work.

Go on Jon x your doing fab....and keep posting...its good read! x

Well that's the port pontoon steps completed with only one stop at half way stage. Feeling good.

Not much happening that's any different here. Boat alongside loading stores, getting ready to start drilling a new hole in the sea bed, same old same old!

Quite hungry today; not craving food but certainly aware that I am not having anything at lunchtime.

Oohhh bless you, must be so hard to have to go all day till next shake/soup... drink lots of coffee and tea and water plus lots of distraction, keeping busy, busy busy lol ;) L xx

Day 10 and still going strong. Pontoon steps achieved with only one stop at half way.

Legs are aching a bit, not sure if it's cramp or strain. More water needed.

Still on strawberry shakes as there are no others available.

Weight loss has slowed down though.

Wow you are up earlier than me!!!! Don't worry about the day to day weight change, it's tempting to sneak a peek every day but it is the weekly weight that is important!The first week always gives the biggest loss and losses are usually less after that but still impressive!
Love the idea of Pontoon steps!

^^^ I am 8 hours ahead of UK as I am in South China Sea off the coast of Sanya. That makes my 03.30 here, 19.30 yesterday in the UK, if that makes sense?

Day 11 - what an eventful day so far. This morning's shake turned into something reminiscent of the shower scene from Hitchcock's movie, Psycho, when I hadn't made sure the lid was on tight before shaking!

Then one of the "others" who is on the Lipotrim diet offered to swap some Chicken Soup shakes for my Strawberry ones. Result I thought until I realised he was offering "female" ones! Sent him away with a flee in his ear - I will be sticking to manly strawberry for the next 13 days.

Pontoon stairs again today, 182 down and 5,678 up, at least that's what it feels like.

Only had a half a shake last night as I am trying to stretch my shakes out to gain an extra one for the trip home and avoid having to eat in the airport and/or plane. I will have the other half tonight, or should I be extravagant and have a whole one tonight and the half one tomorrow night. Oh such creative dining!

Anywa 11.6 lbs down after 11 days - I can see a trend 1 pound per day. If this keeps up I will have lost another 13 lbs by the time I go home - COME ON!

Well, whatever time it is out there, you are doing so well! Love the story about the shake - I remember doing that too! I also trashed a blender by putting too much ice in and had shake all over my kitchen- it was a nightmare to clear up!!

Day 12 - No dramas today so far, touch wood! 12.5 lbs lost so far. Pontoon steps achieved with one rest stop again today.

Some kind person has donated two maintenance sachets to me - an Orang Cream and a Chocolate Whip. Don't need those yet.

Current plan is to continue on TFR until 6th February, re feed, maintain and resume TFR on 1st March. That's a plan anyway - don't know if it will work but it's at least a plan.

Always good to have a plan.... less chance of failure then :) your doing really really well.... keep it up :D L xx

Day 13 - 13.8 lb lost. Pontoon steps completed with one stop - hard work today for some reason. It should be getting easier but it isn't. Still not really feeling hungry through the day, which is good though.

Last edited:
Great work Jon. Well done.

^^ Thankyou

Day 14 and 14.5 lb lost. Same old, same old out here today. Pontoon steps, one stop half way up.

Chinese New Year tomorrow but it will just be another day.

Only 11 days left before I head home. I need a "ticker' for that although we all mentally countdown our going home days.

Back