Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Joodle

Silver Member
Hello folks,

I've been loitering around the site for a couple of weeks (!!) and everyone advises on starting a diary, so here goes! My name's Joodle, am 38 and single (sob! ;)). Had lost 7lbs before starting Dukan 2 weeks ago and since then I've lost another 4lbs. Although I've not been able to weigh myself since Wednesday so it might be a bit less than that now...or a bit more...eek!!

I'm not hugely overweight but I'm short (just over 5 foot) so every pound really shows and I can't fit into about 80% of my clothes. Hence the determined diet action!

Dukan appealed because I've lost weight with Atkins before but the high fat content worried me a bit. I also like the idea of the consolidation phase with Dukan, although am finding it hard to remember that even when (yes, when!) I have reached target, I've still got to be quite strict.

Here's my food diary from yesterday. By the way, I don't eat meat or poultry but I do eat fish and seafood.

B: 150g total 0% yoghurt, 1 tbsp oatbran, 1 lemon muffin (containing 1 tbsp oatbran), decaf coffee
L: slice smoked salmon, salad of lettuce, fat free roast veg (roasted with few squirts of oil/water spray) and and tom yum soup with quorn chunks and mushrooms.
D:courgette 'quiche' made with grated courgette & onion, egg, fromage frais & quark, 75g smoked tofu, asparagus
WW propoints: 23

Am having to have a few PV days in a row as I'm up visiting my parents and they will not be happy if they think I'm only eating protein, even if I explain. Did 2 PP days in a row before coming up and will do the same once I'm back. Terrified of returning after 5 days away and finding the scales have gone up!! But I've been dead good and resisted the wine and cheese we usually have when I'm up so let's see.

Thanks for reading and thanks to everyone else who's written diaries - they're super helpful and you're all an inspiration!!

J

Last edited:
Looking forward to reading your diary all sounds fab and hope you survive being away always difficult x

Good Luck with eating away from home and I look forward to getting to know you a bit better. xx

Joodle - I should learn to ready - see you are 5ft 0.5inches!!! Got it now - your weight target doesn't seem so lean now!!! LOL - menu looks good so far! xx

Looking forward to reading your diary all sounds fab and hope you survive being away always difficult x

Thank you Nicola! It's been so much harder being away than doing my own thing at home. I'm really learning how important it is to be prepared! And my poor parents probably suspect I'm pregnant (immaculate conception it would have to be...) as they've never known me turn down a glass of wine before! Oh dear :eek:

Good Luck with eating away from home and I look forward to getting to know you a bit better. xx
Thank you Monica and hi, nice to 'meet' you! Wow, you've done well since the end of March, good work!!

Jx

Joodle - I should learn to ready - see you are 5ft 0.5inches!!! Got it now - your weight target doesn't seem so lean now!!! LOL - menu looks good so far! xx

Yep, as they say Trudy, I'm not overweight, I'm undertall! Jx

Joodle said:
Thank you Nicola! It's been so much harder being away than doing my own thing at home. I'm really learning how important it is to be prepared! And my poor parents probably suspect I'm pregnant (immaculate conception it would have to be...) as they've never known me turn down a glass of wine before! Oh dear :eek:

Keep strong your doing fab ...how long are you there for ???? And yeah probably lots of wondering going on lol x

Thanks Nicola, am home now - was away for 5 days total - really found it hard without the scales for some reason. Felt like I was dieting blind!

So yesterday:

B: poached egg, 100g total 0% yoghurt + sweetener, 50g smoked tofu, 1 tbsp oat bran
L: salad with roast veg (roasted with spray), 75g quern chunks, 50 g smoked mackerel, 50g smoked salmon, 50g quorn pepperami
D: 6 giant poached prawns, 4 tbsp mushrooms cooked in 0% fromage frais with garlic & parsley
S: 50g poached salmon

Exercise: 20 mins on cross trainer
Sweetener: 2tsp (going to start keeping track of this cos I'm a bit worried I'm just replacing my sweet tooth with a sweetener one!)
WW pro points: 25

That was the end of my second full week on Dukan and although I can't weigh myself, I feel pretty pleased that I've managed 2 full weeks without chocolate or sweets of any kind, without wine or cheese or bread! Mostly, I'm amazed at how much easier it's been than when I've tried using pure will power and doing something like weight watchers. Cutting stuff out of the equation completely seems to be working so far!

Just out of interest, I've kept track of what I've been eating as weight watchers pro-points. V interesting to see that I've been within my daily limit every single day - this would have been unheard of when I was actually trying to do it properly and feels like a lot less effort and pain, somehow! Has anyone else found that? And does it last?!?

The other nice effect is that I think my skin's cleared up a bit...although that could just be the booze detox! In fact, the only things worrying me are having too many sweeteners and eggs. Am mildly worried about eating too much tofu, quorn and wheat protein products type products (which are high in protein and low fat but have a few grams of carbs, so they're not as 'pure' as lean meat or fish). But I struggle to eat fish all the time and am already eating way way more than I usually do. Guess I'll wait and see what Monday's weigh in brings and take it from there.

Dead nervous about my next weigh in as have no idea where my weight is but still, bring on next week!!

Last edited:
Well done Hun and good luck for weigh in tomorrow ...can't wait to hear :):)

Your diary is so good to read ...I have quite a bit of sweetener but I use stevia which is a more natural product ...I have a sweet tooth hopefully this will reduce but at the moment my sweet gallete is giving me something to
Look forward too x

Hi Joodle welcome to the diaries. I find mine great to go back to every so often to take see how far I've come & what I've eaten especially useful on a good weightloss week :)

Well done on your loss so far & sticking with it whilst visiting your parents.

I know exactly what you mean about the WW pp's, I found it difficult staying within my dailies without dipping into my weeklies & then some. I did track a few days at the start of Dukan & as you say was well within my points. I soon stopped tracking though as I didn't want to be a slave to counting as I had been for so long. I still write in my diary what I'm eating but not quantities. You'll see reading a few diaries the more protein you eat the better the weightloss which was hard for me to get my head round !

Looking forward to reading you x

Yeah, I'm using Stevia too Nicola. I don't have a massive problem with using sweetener, but if I could, I'd like to cure my sweet tooth completely - this may an impossible dream however and I'm not going to beat myself up about it!! Jx

Thanks for the welcome Jo! I can't see me keeping up the point tracking much longer either, same as you - it's liberating not to have to count! But I was so so sure I would be consuming way above my daily points, what with all the unlimited protein, so was quite astonished to see that it was under. My problem with weight watchers was that nothing was off limits. So if I started badly, I'd always think I would make up for it later in the day....which never happened! :whistle: Think it's the strictness of Dukan which has really helped me.

Definitely hard to get my head round the unlimited protein thing after all that counting though - am sure I'll get used to it!! Will keep reading back on everyone's diaries as they have been soooo helpful.

Jx

Ok, here's today's diary:

B: 2 tbsp 0% yoghurt, 1 tbsp veggie sausage
L: 50g smoked salmon, 100g quorn chunks, 1 egg, 75g salmon baked with mustard sauce, 75g salmon frittata, 1 veggie space bar (made from wheat protein: 35.2g protein, 6.2g carb, 12.9g fat per 100g - the bar is 40g)
D: um....Dukan cheesecake mix licked from bowl, probably about 1 tbsp.
WW pro points: 20

Today really did not go as planned! Was racing around trying to pack before getting my train at 11 so didn't have time for proper breakfast. Was worried about being stuck on the train for hours (from the lake district where there's been tons of flooding which had been disrupting train services) so packed masses of Dukan friendly fare. Didn't pack it well enough though and the egg quiche, which I'd wrapped in foil, had leaked everywhere. There was such a strong smell of egg every time I tried to open my bag that I had to leave it shut. Very effective weight loss technique! When I got too hungry I had to go out into the bit between the carriages, open the bag quickly, hunt out some quorn chunks and smoked salmon then shut the bag again as fast as I could. Thank god no one came through the carriages at that point. No one wants a reputation as 'the smelly egg girl'

Dinner was going to be poached trout...but...well, let's just say that watching England play football is another pretty effective weight loss regime! The tension put me off my food completely. Out on penalties again - so exhausting to watch. Am hoping the nervous energy I burnt up from the sofa will cancel out the fact that I didn't do any real exercise today. Or is that not how it works....?!?!

Anyway, I do know it's a v bad idea to skip meals, but it's just way too late to eat now. At least I don't have to worry about England playing for a while! (Oh shoot, except during the Olympics I guess!)

Weigh in tomorrow after 5 days without scales...eek...and....:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
hi joodle! enjoyed reading your diary today, and looking forward to hearing about your progress.

i'm in shanghai so was up at 2:30am for the football. supporting italy, though - sorry!

i have a sweet tooth too, and i've been hoping dukan will 'cure' me. but i think there's a difference btw a sweet tooth and sugar cravings. i can happily go to the supermarket now and walk past the chocolate aisle without caving in, but i still dream about having chocolate and desserts when i get to consolidation.

good luck for the WI tomorrow, and congrats on the results so far!

Cx

Good luck today Joodle fingers crossed for your WI! x

Joodle said:
Yeah, I'm using Stevia too Nicola. I don't have a massive problem with using sweetener, but if I could, I'd like to cure my sweet tooth completely - this may an impossible dream however and I'm not going to beat myself up about it!! Jx

O I wish I could cure mine too it's shocking but I enjoy it ....maybe we will cure it one day soon eh !!!!!

9st 0.6lb

2.2lb lost!!! OMG, it's really working!

Thing is...I told myself that once I got to 9st, I had to start internet dating again. Not long now. **Gulp**

Back