Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Well done on your sts Jo, you're strong enough to get through this you know xx

Sorry for going AWOL again...

Last Friday my ex (I don't know what to call him he isn't my ex husband so do I call him estranged?) anyway he threatened to remove Darcy from school and the school can't stop him and the police can't return her to me unless they think she's in immediate danger, it isn't a case of he wants her its him wanting to wind me up and I completely believe he would do it to spite me so Saturday I filled in the papers for court (yes I'm doing it) and then on Monday I went to citizens advice waited for an hour with Darcy to be told they couldn't help me at that time and to come back Monday 26th even though on Friday I asked them for an appointment and they said my issue didn't require an appointment lol. I contacted my mediator and got her to send me the appropriate form out so I can make my application to court. Then I went to Darcy's school and explained the situation and it was agreed the best thing for me and Darcy was for her to stay at home till court was resolved and they're providing me with work for her otherwise it would mean me fretting when I take her to school and putting her at risk by doing so. He still thinks it's me stopping him from seeing her I cannot get it through to him that its a professional body that has said this. One night in the week he said he was sending his Dad down to my parents to pick something up of his and he turned up at the door knowing he can't be there demanding to see Darcy luckily I was there as I had a bad feeling about it but I fear what might have happened if I hadn't been and its awful because Darcy adores my parents and I feel like I'm stopping them from seeing each other but I'm just scared what might happen. I also got myself a counsellor I went to the doctors when this all kicked off back in September and he put me through to counselling but they weren't helpful they were trying to build my self esteem and so forth and I just want to have a good old moan to an impartial person so this lovely woman has cut her session price down so I can afford to attend as from my initial meeting with her she said I definitely need someone to vent to. She was lovely she listened to my ramblings and I explained the situation and she didn't talk over me and she interacted with me she didn't just listen to me and say goodbye she gave her impartial insight. She's set me some homework I have to list 5 things I do for myself that I enjoy but they can't include Darcy told her it would be a short list as everything I do includes Darcy but I have to try so far I have catch up with TV when Darcy is in bed.

Communication with the ex has been limited he did kick off with me on Wednesday but was all apologetic yesterday didn't give him any change...I cannot muster up any sympathy for him he's brought everything on himself. I apparently ruined his life and he has nothing left to live for...

In court last Thursday he got £750 fine and a 3 year ban and because he is a high risk when his 3 year ban is up he has to do a retest I won't pretend this didn't make me smile...he deserves it and after the way he's treated me and seems to have gotten away with things its nice that FINALLY he got his comeuppance.

Due to this very ARGH week I haven't been on plan...I am refusing to get on the scales today and I'm starting a fresh as of right now.

Come on...need this weight gone...

breathe and reboot
breathe and reboot
breathe and reboot
breathe and reboot
breathe and reboot
breathe and reboot

The Last Time I Restart

Hi everyone,

I am so sorry I just vanished completely. I have been struggling both personally and slimming world wise. I have had ups and downs of every kind since my last update. I could sit here and bore you with the specifics and by all means if you want to know please ask my SW journey is an open book I just don't want to return by doing this huge long blog about all the negative things when I am trying to focus on the positives. :)

I have finally admitted defeat and I will be attending a SW group at 9:30am tomorrow morning. I still don't know how I feel about attending group because of the negative experience I had last time and unfortunately due to timing and scheduling the only time that does fit with me is 9:30am and the only group locally that provides this group is my old group or my old consultant at least. I just keep focusing on the fact that things are different this time.

1. I am losing the weight for the right reasons this time and not for others
2. My daughter is now 3.5 years old last time I attended she was just under 2 and was very hard to keep entertained and as I do have to take her with me until September when she starts full time school I feel it will be a lot easier to keep her entertained this time around i.e. the tablet lol
3. I know what to expect as far as group and consultant are concerned
4. Due to recent circumstances I feel I am a lot more confident and verbal so the consultant will not pull the same **** with me this time round or she'll get put in her place...her job is to help me with my SW journey and if I don't feel she is doing that then I'll call her out on it.

I will obviously report back tomorrow with how things went and my 1st official group weigh in. I am sad as I am changing weigh days but a small sacrifice for a happier me.

Not much more to report.

So happy to be back....hope you're all ok and doing well.

Jo xx

Welcome back, the very best of luck with joining SW group in the morning. You will do amazing. I think knowing you have a weekly weigh in where someone else weighs you is very motivating and you will get great tips from the other members and your consultant. Hope she is nicer than the last one :) hope Darcy is keeping well too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Best of luck with your group- remember, she is there to support YOU, you are not just there to make her numbers look good. We don't take poor service in restaurants etc and it's exactly the same thing. I too have to do a morning group and take a toddler along, so I don't stay for the group after weigh in (when she starts nursery in January I hope too - am planning on being nearly at maintenance then!) good luck!!

Good luck, I am also back!!!

Welcome back, the very best of luck with joining SW group in the morning. You will do amazing. I think knowing you have a weekly weigh in where someone else weighs you is very motivating and you will get great tips from the other members and your consultant. Hope she is nicer than the last one :) hope Darcy is keeping well too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you and I am hoping the someone else weighing me will be enough to keep me on track lol...Darcys fine thank you for asking she's as I call her in her Todager stage the body of a toddler the attitude of a teenager lol she is testing my patience on a daily basis and I am sooo looking forward to her going to school full time in September but still wouldn't be without her or have my life any other way xx hope you're ok and doing well both personally and sw wise xx

Best of luck with your group- remember, she is there to support YOU, you are not just there to make her numbers look good. We don't take poor service in restaurants etc and it's exactly the same thing. I too have to do a morning group and take a toddler along, so I don't stay for the group after weigh in (when she starts nursery in January I hope too - am planning on being nearly at maintenance then!) good luck!!

I was dreading taking Darcy to group with me and in my next post you'll see why. I respect those who can go to group weigh in leave and still lose weight but I feel I am at a place where I need the image therapy so I have to stay lol

Ok...so group...not disastrous but not inspirational. I don't know whether it was because it was my first session and I didn't use the image therapy because id not had a loss obviously being my first week but I don't think I took anything away from today. That being said lovely reception as expected from others and not the consultant and amazingly the first thing she did was tell the group off lol such a horrid woman and then my fear became a reality Darcy was pure evil...screaming, paddying, being rude, spinning and crawling along the floor (madam consultant didn't appreciate that) so I actually spent 2/3 of the session in the toilets trying to calm her down...I know I could weigh in and leave but I wanted to do the image therapy otherwise I may aswell continue doing it from home. I'm hoping next week will be better in all ways. One thing I was a bit miffed about and I'll bring it up next week a lot of the ladies reached their stone awards but I didn't see her hand out any certificates I don't know whether they were handed out at the scales but I did remember that when I went before I gained my 1/2 and 1 stone awards and never received certificates I will be really pissed off if I don't get my certificates I remember getting the stickers but not the certificates...that will be a deal breaker for me and group as it was the only thing I was looking forward to. Anyway my new stats from my initial weigh in 19st 12lbs I can totally live with that knowing how bad I've been while off plan. I am still basing my losses on here from my starting weight disclosed on here because whether at group or not I have lost 2st 9lbs and I'm not going to forget that and why should I? There we go everyone my back to group experience...bring on next week!!

What is it about kids, they KNOW when we would just for once like them to be a little quiet and they go mental! My kids' preferred places to have a melt down are usually libraries, churches or cinemas. Anyway, good luck for this week :)

What is it about kids, they KNOW when we would just for once like them to be a little quiet and they go mental! My kids' preferred places to have a melt down are usually libraries, churches or cinemas. Anyway, good luck for this week :)

I thought take the tablet and she'll sit as good as gold but no she was determined to make a scene and she just screamed her heart out...guna take tablet food and drink for her next week if it doesn't work I have no idea what im going to do lol

Hi Guys

Many apologies I haven't been SW friendly due to illness but I am back on it this week I just haven't had a second to come on here and update things. First update I have left group, I am returning to it but atm I just can't justify spending the money on SW group as I am struggling to pay my bills and that £20 a month could be used on something else so currently doing it at home on my own and I am soooo missing the app I miss quickly looking up syn values but I have the book from group and Minimins to help me. Also due to finances I am really struggling to buy SW friendly food not including this past Friday the 3 previous Fridays my shopping list has been milk, bread, potatoes and pet food. I have been making meals out of my not SW friendly freezer running it down to restock it with SW food. I did do a good shop this last week which is why I feel like I can be on SW this week because I have the right ingredients (literally lol) to stay on track. I have however just calculated my syns for this week and I have gone over by 18 oops lol also I dared to step on the scales yesterday...wish I hadn't I am disgusted in myself I swore I would never return to the 20s but I was weighing in at 20st 4lbs yesterday...I am not taking this too seriously as I haven't eaten well last few weeks and also its star week. I just can't wait to get back on track 100% (being naughty with water and green teas) but once the weight starts dropping off I think I will become more determined its just been a while since I've seen a loss. I go on holiday to Butlins May 18th and I'm hoping by May 15th (weigh in before I go) to have lost a stone.

I have just sat and updated all my SW folder to bring it up to date and start a fresh I am soooo tired of having to redo this...they do say 'If you're tired of restarting then stop quitting'.

I have decided to post my Meal Plan for you lovely people but also to keep me on track and also for syns help so if you do see any errors please correct me. I am also going to start posting pics of my food I do this on IG but I will try to do so on here too but I have to tell you I am terrible for remembering to it even on IG I post a pic about a day later saying breakfast lunch dinner I had this lol so if you don't see them that's why.

Anyway heres my meal plan up to yesterday as I can't post todays until I've finished eating lol
Meal Plan
Saturday 28[SUP]th[/SUP] March

Breakfast:
Weetabix (HEX B) with banana andyogurt
Lunch:
Sandwich, crisps, yogurt, grapes
Dinner:
Cheesy chips and spam fritter (chip shop)
Syns: Bread(8), Pickle (1), Crisps (6), Mayo (2), Chips (14), Cheese (10), Spam fritter(10), chicken nuggets (3)

Snacks:
Strawberries
HEX A:
Milk HEX B: Weetabix(Breakfast)

Sunday 29[SUP]th[/SUP] March

Breakfast:
Pop Tarts
Lunch:
Sunday roast
Dinner:
Pork steak and chips
Syns: Pop Tarts (20), Curly Wurly (6), Freddo (5), CremeEgg x2 (17)

Snacks:
Curly Wurly, Freddo,Creme Egg x2, Pickled onions
HEX A:
Milk (Coffee allowance) Hex B: Bread (Saturday)

Monday 30[SUP]th [/SUP]March

Breakfast:
BLT with banana and yogurt
Lunch:
Chicken and chorizo salad
Dinner:
Chips, curry and sausage
Syns:
Chorizo(5.5), Sausage (1), Curry (3.5)
Snacks: Starbucks– syn free (hex a)

HEX A:
Milk HEX B: Bread (BLT)