JO'S PREGNANCY JOURNEY!

JoeyJoJo

Bring on the weight loss!
So further to my other post - I got my BFP on Friday! Today im 4 weeks pregnant, early days. This was our third month of trying and the second month using Clearblue Ovulation tests. Got my positive ov test and then dtd for 5 days in a row - I guess it worked lol! This month is a year since I got married.

Im very excited and looking forward to the journey!

One thing is on my mind at the moment, I dont want to gain a massive amount of weight during my pregnancy but dont really know whats safe to do. Has anyone got any suggestions/advice?? Any are appreciated

I will keep this diary up to date with both the pregnancy and weight!

XX

JoeyJoJo said:
So further to my other post - I got my BFP on Friday! Today im 4 weeks pregnant, early days. This was our third month of trying and the second month using Clearblue Ovulation tests. Got my positive ov test and then dtd for 5 days in a row - I guess it worked lol! This month is a year since I got married.

Im very excited and looking forward to the journey!

One thing is on my mind at the moment, I dont want to gain a massive amount of weight during my pregnancy but dont really know whats safe to do. Has anyone got any suggestions/advice?? Any are appreciated

I will keep this diary up to date with both the pregnancy and weight!

XX

Hi, just call me stalker lol.

I have heard somewhere that slimming world is the best to follow when preg - I am currently trying WW so I'm not bias! But you do need to ask yr doc or MW first I believe :)

Much congrats to u and hubby! Have u told anyone in 'the real world' yet?? X

Hi, just call me stalker lol.

I have heard somewhere that slimming world is the best to follow when preg - I am currently trying WW so I'm not bias! But you do need to ask yr doc or MW first I believe :)

Much congrats to u and hubby! Have u told anyone in 'the real world' yet?? X

Hey Stalker ;) lol

We've only told my mum, dad and brother so far. Ive also told my team leader at work...will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone else hehe

Very exciting time - Im thinking I might just try using my own common sense and eating three healthy meals a day and healthy snacks. Looked at WW website and it says they wont let pregnant women join either the meetings or online. Slimming World they will give you a healthy eating plan but only to maintain your weight, they dont advise trying to lose weight. Might ask doctor what he thinks in a few weeks time and in the meantime just be healthy and use my own judgement

XX

Excellent idea! At the end of the day a healthy baby at the end of it all is worth weight gain - or that's what I think anyway!! :)

Excited for you!!! X

Oooohhh, interesting first timer - I wonder whether I should ring my local club and get some advice. May do that later this week.

Today I got up earlier and had boiler eggs with brown toast and have had chicken sandwiches for lunch so not too bad.

Been getting periodic 'period pains'. Thats the only way I can describe them really..sometimes feels like stretching? lol. They keep coming and going. Sometimes its a sharper 'period pain' to one side.

Looking forward to getting to 5 weeks this Sunday. Keeping calm and stress free

X

I have read about loads of girls who have lost loads of weight on sw while pregnant even one girl who was lighter when she give birth that when she was preg I can't see me being one of those girls but hopefully sw will help minimise the gain. I know your allowed to join sw while pregnant they just won't advise you on weight loss but if you do have a loss there ok with it.

You should take it easy with the pains you getting plenty of rest don't do anything too strenuous.

Thanks for the advice. Im in two minds about joining Slimming World because of having to pay for each class aswell. Part of me thinks it'll be good because I wont put weight on but the other says - save the money for other things. Need to have a think about it I think. At the moment my cravings are getting the better of me because I am constantly feeling hungry and start to feel sick if I dont eat often.

I had exactly the same dilemma a couple of weeks ago. I decided to save the money as I can't even eat what the plan suggests at the moment. I'm living on fruit and toast. I think as long as you're not going wild then just listen to your body and save the fiver a week. Your body craves what it needs anyway

I agree. Im doing my own thing and as of today have been trying to do weightwatchers but on my own, no classes. Done fine so far today - just need some sort of plan to keep myself in check so I dont overeat. Even though Im constantly feeling hungry - I have to stop reaching for the junk lol

How far gone are you fatlassnomore?

X

8+3. Can only tolerate dry food such as toast, crackers and cheese. Can't have meat as thought of it is awful. Was like this with my little girl too.

8+3? Confused lol Im only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant now and it does seem to be dragging. I suppose the first 12 weeks drags by for any pregnant woman. Trying to keep myself distracted and thinking positively etc.

Food-wise I have been really good apart from the last few evenings. I think its because end up getting home from work and feeling shattered/hungry and just reach for whatever is nearest/easiest to make which is always going to be junk food lol

*sigh* I'll get there :)

X

8 + 3 days! My sickness has been a little better today but think its because I've ate bigger meals and snacked less x

Ohhhhhhhh, I knew that lol :ashamed0005:

Got home tonight determine to have a healthy dinner...so I had cod in a tomato sauce and breadcrumbs. Turned out it wasnt enough and I ended up having a can of spaghetti and sausages with two pieces of brown toast *sigh* lol Cant win...

If I dont eat I feel ill though

Are you looking forward to your 12 week scan? Have you been tempted by any early private scans?

X

I am, can't wait. It's 4 weeks today and time is dragging! I did toy with the idea of an early scan but I can't justify the £100. We had a 4D scan the last time and would like to have another so keeping money for that. I ended up having a 10 week scan last time at hospital as I had pains so was tempted but would feel guilty lying!!! Just gonna leave it until 6th Dec.

I am, can't wait. It's 4 weeks today and time is dragging! I did toy with the idea of an early scan but I can't justify the £100. We had a 4D scan the last time and would like to have another so keeping money for that. I ended up having a 10 week scan last time at hospital as I had pains so was tempted but would feel guilty lying!!! Just gonna leave it until 6th Dec.

I know what you mean - the private scans are expensive.

I found out the good news 3 days before AF even turned up and so it just seems like forever until I get to 12 weeks. Im 5 weeks this Sunday and will have to wait until the end of December/beginning of January to have 12 week scan. It sucks so much having to wait!

I think after 12 weeks I will relax a lot more and actually start enjoying the pregnancy if you know what I mean. Just got to have faith that everything is fine and try to relax hehe

X

This would technically be my second pregnancy, I miscarried my first baby at 8 weeks unfortunately.

Im 5 weeks today :)

X

5 years...yup!! Hit the nail on the head there lol 5 weeks 2 days today haha

Gotta go to the doctors tomorrow morning for an appointment to have the pregnancy 'confirmed' by the doctor...apparently things have changed in the last month or so. Last time they just took my word for it. So they have to check themselves now and then they ask the hospital to contact me with an appointment or something. I guess i'll find out more tomorrow :p

X

Back