Josiejojojo - Part 2 (6 weeks); drop a dress size

josiejojojo

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-weekly-weigh/244623-weekly-weigh.html

Hello LTs
I'm back after almost 3 months break. I didn't start a diary last time - just a running weekly WI (link above) but know I'm going to find it harder this time round and need to be disciplined. I lost 23lb (I was never a massive loser) and I've put on 5lb in total. The first 3lb I put on about a month after I finshed (once I started eating carbs again). I think this is fine and was water weight (as clothes still fitted fine) last 2lb were due to holiday to Florida - there is NOTHING healthy in Orlando. Even the salads were covered in lardy-dressing. So I just went with it and enjoyed myself (although I can't blame anyone but myself for drinking cocktails larger than my own head at Miami Beach :p). I did no exercise (infact I stopped doing my daily 1hr 30 min dog walking as I started a new full-time job in February which now I think about it is when the first 3lb came back on - hummmm!). I didn't follow any particular diet as I couldn't decide what to do (wanted to do low GI/primal diet but we live in the 21st century and that is rather limiting). I drank wine and ate chocolate and too crisps, BUT my portion sizes are smaller these days and lean meat/fish and green veg are my most favourite things so I reckon with a bit of restraint and a bit of exercise I should be alright. Thinking old fashioned SW RED maybe the way to go - limit those carbs!!! If not I'll just have to monitor my weight. If I put on 5lb then I will need to cut back on the wine/junk until I lose it.
I was going to do Exante this time round but didn't like the products enough to make the swap (although I might buy some banana milkshakes as they're not too bad and do make a nice change to the Vanilla/Strawberry LTs once, which are the only ones I could stomach last time). I like that pharmacists will change your shakes (as your tastebuds change as you go along with diet and what you like to start with you hate by the end and vice versa). Think I also need the discipline of being weighed weekly (found a new pharmacy too as my previous one was a bit hit and miss with the support).

So day 1 of 42 starts tody... so far am having a black coffee and trying to hold off having my first shake until mid-day as I'm a pm/evening snacker not really first thing. Sat in the office as I type this and thankfully I'm not very far from the loos... not looking foward to the headaches and lack of energy but really the constant trips to the loo is what I'm dreading most. Hope no-one notices :)

Oh and hairloss. Yes it does happen. It didn't happen to me for the 6 weeks I was on the diet but about 2 weeks after I finished (and I guess my body was starting to get some vits and minerals) it came out in bin fulls. I have very thick, very long hair so maybe the lenght made it look more but it was quite scary to look at (I'd run my fingers through it and handfuls would come away, I'd wash it and the bath would be covered in hair, I'd brush it and it would just keep coming out. It never seemed to stop). Happy to report though that it finally seems to have stopped. OH can't notice any difference and the grey roots show me that I've definitely had 3 months growth. So am happy to restart LT - knowing hair will then come away but DOES grow back. Off to get it cut and dyed on Friday - Good to know that I won't need to go again after 6 weeks to get it re-dyed as it won't grow much (that's one positive).

So I'm back to support you all. This diet does work and I'm all geared up to drop a dress size :)

I lost less than 3 stone in total but it changed my life so I understand how happy you are.
I put a stone back on and my clothes feel tighter like yours!
I'm hoping to lose two stones more in total so I'll be 4 stones lighter than when I very first started.

Intersting about the hairloss - I've never had that but most of these posts mention it. Glad to hear it grows back tho!

Gl!

Well done for starting again, it must be harder second time round. But you've done it once so you know you can do it again :) It's great you only gained 5lbs especially since you didn't keep to a diet after you'd finished. I'm worried about re-feeding and gaining, I really don't want to have to do LT again so I need to make a plan like possibly joining SW. Anyways good luck hun x

Hey hun
Lovin your post, you sound so motivated :D and a BIG well done on only putting on 5lb`s.... You know you`ll be ok don`t ya ;) we are all here to support you, and anytime you need one of us we are always about chick.... Big well done on re~starting xxxx Lou xxxx Oh and ty very much for your valuable support too, much appreciated :)

Thanks ladies, am trying to just crack on with this one day at a time. Day one nearly over... and I'm hungry... but I know day 2-5 are going to be worse :) Just focusing on getting through them and then it's just counting the packs in on a Monday and counting them out again on a Sunday (ah the empty cupboard... the best feeling in the world - even better than WI). Defo get a plan JACS - I think I was too extreme. I do believe firmly carbs aren't good and we don't need them but trying to not eat them is aspirational rather than do-able (for me anyway). Think all my 5lb are due to chocolate, crisps and wine though as haven't really bothered going back to pasta and potatoes. Mind I did seem to get away with it while I was doing a lot of walking every day - exercise is key to keeping it off for sure! 'And' you'll do it... I think having a break and then getting back on the horse is a way of life. I don't ever want to do this again (don't want to do it now - hahaha) so in future if I put on more than 7lb I will be doing a hard core 4 week no junk diet every. It's hard to maintain your weight constantly so I'm giving myself a plan B xxx

naughty but nice :)

I joined slimming world tonight, hopefully I can shift this last stone and a half. Just diagnosed as anaemic and half bloody bald. Who said thin was easy? Lol

Oh my god. Did this diet do that to you? How long were you on it and how much did you lose in the end, hun, sounds like quite a lot?. I only lost just over a stone and a half in six weeks and cheated quite a lot eating eggs, fish, meat and green veg (not all at the same time - otherwise I'd have not lost anything :)). I've had a major slip up this week as completely forgot friends birthday shin-dig on Tuesday. Managed not to drink as it was a school night but couldn't not eat (since last time I was out I did eat cos of the diet and hadn't told them I was going back on it.) and on Sunday taking OHs mum to a fab place for lunch, no way am I not eating... so humm think this week is going to be a bit of a right-off (should have checked my diary) but I might have lost a lb or 2 - and can shift the water weight next week!!!!. My friend is doing really well on SW. She was about 6 stone over weight and wanted to lose about 5. In the last 10 months she has lost nearly 4. She says it hasn't affected her life really (just cut down on boozing mid-week - although hubby does all the cooking anyway, and he's lost 5stone). She has took it slow but steady and looks amazing - and now it's second nature to her. Am sure you will too. You'll have that last stone and a half off in no time xxxx

Im thinking of three more weeks of shakes, I can't follow sw at all, it just involves loads of food. I'm not sure the diet caused the anaemia but it's a bit if a coincidence lol. I don't regret it though...I lost 53lbs in 12 weeks. I'm not sure I've really changed tho, I don't think my stomach has shrunk at all, I can still scoff with the best of them lol. How are you finding it this time round?

Bloody hell 53lb that is beyond fabulous. How many pounds of hair do you think you lost though :) I thought I must have lost loads but hairdresser said she didn't notice any difference and it really has stopped coming away now. Well I STS this week. Which isn't surprising (or rather it rather pleasing considering)... as I only managed 1.5 days ;-) Kind of gave up after Tuesday as I realised I had several things going on... and then did the whole 'oh I'll scoff this that and the other as I'm going back on the diet next week' I sware my 5lb weight gain is from my several failed attempts to get back on the diet... So this has to be the last time I do this!!!. Back on it yesterday and 100% (honk, honk) blumming hungry but had a facial yesterday and walked around house of fraser (biba etc) and had an 'inhalation-of-fashion' fix instead of inhaling all the food smells!!! Have you thought about Slim and Save or one of the other plans where you get to eat something (small) so you can get your head around portion size etc? I'm going to do Slimming World for sure. I just love my carbs too much to give them up and only have them once a week.. but I am prepared to limit them if it means I can be a size 10 again!!! Give it another month and we can SW together xxxx

Day 4 and back in the swing. Felt the horrible breath and headache when I woke yesterday (day 3). Was a bit silly as forgot to have shake first thing and then a meeting over ran and didn't get my first one until 2pm. I did sucumb to a biscuit about midday as I my head was banging and I thought I was going to faint and couldn't drink much water either as so busy. Woke today with throbbing head (I know caused by lack of water) and awful breath. It was never this bad last time as I made sure I always drank 2-4litres. Must try harder or the weight won't shift and I'll just feel ill the whole time. Water really is the key to this diet. TOTM today too so feeling doubly rotten. Oh well never mind I think I'm over the worst bit as ketosis is here and now I just have to have a bit of self control to over come the boredom of not eating out for a month.

Hope everyone else is ok - wish I had time to come on here more often but things aren't going to let up until after Easter. Still keeping busy will make the time fly.... I hope :)

Hi sweet, you can do this hun yeah? Its my totm today too so we are in sync lol.... remember you must drink, it will make all the differance to you.
Hope all goes well chick xxx

Get the peppermint tea, it was my saviour honestly. It's quite comforting as well as filling and I had a cup whenever I was peckish so I could keep my last sachet until just before bed. I didn't even like peppermint before I started lol now I'm never without a cup ;) looking forward to slimming world with you!

Got bags of the stuff - must dig em out. My water intake is rubbish so I need to do something. Got on scales tonight for a cheeky look and it's only showing 1lb loss ;-/ Hope it's to do with TOTM. WI not until Monday morning but I'll be less than impressed with a couple of lb as a first week loss.... might be on SW sooner than I think!!!

Hi sweet, you can do this hun yeah? Its my totm today too so we are in sync lol.... remember you must drink, it will make all the differance to you.
Hope all goes well chick xxx
Lou I must be such a subordinate as I sync with other people all the time. First time I've sync'd over t'internet though :)

Ha ha ha your NOT a subordinate! and I`m showing no loss as of yet.... my weigh in is on Tuesday. You`ll be fine hun... don`t sweat it ;) xx

I succumbed to a cream egg yesterday - banging headache went but so too have ketotis... I could slap myself. I'm starving again and now have to go through the smelly breathe and headaches again... Stupid, stupid Jo... why didn't I just have some chicken or something!. Bang goes my loss for this week. Bloody idiot I am :-( You'll be fine Lou... you are storming this diet xx

Awww draw a line, you`ll be back in Ketosis in no time at all.... prob a day.... ty babes... but this diet is becoming a drag now lol... xxx

Back