Journey to 11.5

Discussion in 'Exante - Diaries' started by quasi-hayley, 24 September 2011 Social URL.

1. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Height: 5' 7''
    Starting Weight: 19 st 1 lbs (267 lbs)
    BMI: 41.8
    End Goal: 11 st 6 lbs (160 lbs)
    Target BMI: 25.1

Today is my first day of Exante. As I type this I'm just polishing off my first chocolate shake. I was cringing as I raised the glass to my mouth for the first time but actually, it's not that bad. Phew.

I did the Cambridge Diet for a few months in 2008 but then Christmas hit and I made the very common mistake of thinking I could have a day off and get right back on it. Almost exactly three years later and I'm back. I won't be taking Christmas off this time!

I've always been fat and most of the time, I've been OK with that. I have bad days where I look in the mirror and don't like what I see, but hey, so do thin people.

The main factor for me in wanting to lose weight is not how I look or feel, it's my physical health: It hurts to walk. My feet ache, my ankles are swollen and my knees creak. That makes me miserable no matter how accepting I am of my body shape.

And I still have to fix my relationship with food, hence doing a VLCD. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, excited, lonely....you name an emotion, it triggers me to eat.

So here I am. Hi, I'm Hayley and I'm a foodaholic.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Charan

Charan Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Fast-5
    :welcome:

good luck!!

4. EllaGrace

EllaGrace Member

Start Weight:
    21st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(10.42%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Hayley!

First of all I wish you the best of luck with your diet!

I have done the Cambridge diet myself and I did quite well on it but did the same thing as you, once you stop its so difficult to start again. Plus the Cambridge shakes just tasted awful! I am really happy with the Exante ones!

I am sorry to hear about your other health issues and I really hope they get better for you.

Best wishes for your diet and let us know how it goes!

5. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Hey Hayley
    Good luck hope it goes well for you :)

6. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Well I made it through Day 1! I'm very tired today but haven't felt particularly hungry so far. Long may that continue :)

I've found one flavour so far that I don't like, the vanilla shake. My husband is hoping to start the diet soon though (waiting for the doctor to confirm if it's OK) and he liked the Vanilla so hopefully I can offload them onto him. :-D

Soups are much creamier than the CD ones I remember and do seem to taste exactly like cup a soup so that's nice.

Back to work tomorrow, hope I'm not too tired.

7. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Glad it's going well Hayley :) if I don't fancy vanilla I mix it with another flavour :)

8. precious

precious Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Welcome Hayley,

Good luck and welcome chick :D x

9. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Thanks for your comments everyone :)

Day 3 has gone great so far. I was surprised to find I didn't feel hungry at all today so I'm hoping that means I'm already in Ketosis. Just ordered some Ketostix so will check as soon as they arrive. I was really worried about coping at work but so far it's been easier than home. I even refused a piece of chocolate cake :-D

10. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Glad its going well :) I find it's easier when I'm busy rather than sat around thinking if food :)

11. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Thanks DustQueen, you're definitely right about being busy helping.

Someone at work has just come back off holiday and left a load of sweets in the kitchen for us. I walked past, picked one up, put it in my mouth and then thought, 'Oh no!!!' so in a feat of amazing willpower I spat it in the bin. Phew.

I've forgotten my soup for lunch though :-( I can't go home but I'm thinking I'll nip to the supermarket and get some celery or something to tide me over.

12. precious

precious Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hey Hayley super duper my little trooper well done chick that is pure determination u know...
    Good luck for today, if u have a supermarket close by... U can by one of the bars recommended if that helps..

X

13. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Lol well done at sporting that sweet out ;)

14. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Spitting even ;) stupid phone

15. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

I had a bar last night, the toffee one (yuck) and today I'm starving so I think that probably knocked me out of ketosis. The test strip says I'm in the 'Faible' range - why it tells me that in French but not English I don't know (it means 'Weak' if anyone is wondering).

Other than that, it's been going OK so far. It's harder today because I'm feeling a bit light-headed with the hunger but nothing I can't get through.

I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday even though I want to stick to Friday weigh-ins and it looks like I'm on track for a decent loss (7lbs). Hopefully that bar hasn't ruined it. I think when I get home from work I'll have a read of the forums to see how other people have got on with them.

16. Want2BeSlim

Want2BeSlim Gold Member

Hi Hayley, I can totally relate to what you put in your first post of this thread.

This is nice to read! I keep worrying I'm really going to dislike the soups, fingers crossed lol.

Wow that's really good, my will power is terrible I would have probably ended up eating it :(

Well done :D

17. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

I'm sure you could have spat it out too Luv, we can all be strong sometimes ;-)

So that is week 1 done and I have lost....*drum roll*....11lbs! Yay!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Starting Weight: 19 st 1 lbs (267 lbs)
    Current Weight: 17 st 12 lbs (250 lbs)
    Loss: 17 lbs

Made it through two weeks of TS with the occasional bit of chicken. :) It's getting easier now so here's hoping for a good loss this week.

20. quasi-hayley

quasi-hayley Member

Only lost 1 lb this week :-( Am a bit gutted since I've been TS but I guess my body is hanging onto stuff. Hopefully next week's weigh in will be better.

21. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Week 2 is often a small one while you adjust it'll move again soon my second week on LL I was 100% and put on a lb :S
    Well done on sticking to it x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.