Journey To A Healthier Me

Lotty Big Botty

Hello all

I've been around these forums for a while now. I've been on and off of the slimfast/ultraslim diet and have been quite successfull with it..... it certailny helped me get started on my weight loss journey. But there comes a time where i need to swap my shakes for real food (plus there not overly cheap and ive got bored of them). I intend to stick to roughly the same plan as the slim fast routine but having real food instead of shakes to the same calorie value.

I am 26, 5ft5 and currently 180lbs. I was 200lbs at my heaviest and my aim is to get down to 140lbs.

Here are a few confessions about me....

1) I work for the ambulance service and work 12hr shifts. My shift rotation is 2 days, 2 night and then 4 off. As you can guess this doesn't do well for the diet, my sleeping patterns are all over the place and i eat at funny times of the day, plus temptation is always in my path.

2) Im sorry about this one.... not for the faint hearted...... im a little obbsessed with bowel health and the bowel movements. i like to be regular and i worry when ive not 'been to the toilet' for a few days..... so occasionally talk about my frequency may occur!!!!

3) This is quite a big one for me to admit to and put out there in public..... I'm a secret binge eater. During the week days when im at home, i have a tendency to binge. I go to the shops and buy large amounts of food..... (burgers, chocolates, cakes.... whatever it is i fancy) and scoff the lot. getting rid of the evidence before my otherhalf gets home from work. Its not unusual for me to go to mcdonalds, order 2 meals and eat both. I get the erge to do this as i think there is nothing better to sit in front of the telly, put a program on and have lots of nice food...... afterwards it never makes me feel good, it always makes me feel sick, and i always regret doing it. I dont understand why i do it.

3) (When im not binging)..... I tend to be pretty good food wise during the week but enjoy going out for dinners and having a drink at weekends with the boyfriend. My favourite food is pizza (mmmm pizza hut) and absolutly love Harvester. I can be a bit of a drinker aswell. I love a good pint of cider and am a bit of a wine fiend..... i fully intend to stick to 1 or 2 gin and tonics a night at the weekends and no booze during the week. (with the odd glass of wine on a special occasion)

4) I enjoy runny, unfortunatly i have absolutly no motivation. I've started the coach to 5k program so many times its unbelievable. I'm good and stick to it for a couple of weeks and then something happens... i get a cold, i go on holiday or something and then dont do anything for weeks and have to start again. Id rather sit infront of the tv of a morning than do some exercise... opps!

5) I live with my boyfriend, but during the week we tend to do our own thing food wise, due to shift patterns being all over the place and my constant want to diet and eat healthier (he doesnt want to eat my type of 'diet' foods). We do eat together on the weekend (when im not working), i'll cook for us both or we'll go out for dinner.

6) Im an every day weigher... ive said it, im not ashamed of it and there is no way i will stop!!!!

Im going to try and stick to under 1400cals a day, with the understanding that i may go slightly over at the weekends when the boyfreind and i eat together.

Im going to try my hardest to exercise regulaly.

Im going to try not to drink as much alcohol.

Im going to try not to binge eat.

Im going to use this diary to track my progress, to use as a distraction when im faced with temptation and for my general rambalings (and boy do i tend to ramble!).

Im using myfitnesspal to keep a diary so please add me..... lotte770 (hopefullly this will stop me cheating)

Sorry for going on for faaaar to long, but thankyou for reading.
Good luck all.xxx

Lotty Big Botty said:
Hello all

I've been around these forums for a while now. I've been on and off of the slimfast/ultraslim diet and have been quite successfull with it..... it certailny helped me get started on my weight loss journey. But there comes a time where i need to swap my shakes for real food (plus there not overly cheap and ive got bored of them). I intend to stick to roughly the same plan as the slim fast routine but having real food instead of shakes to the same calorie value.

I am 26, 5ft5 and currently 180lbs. I was 200lbs at my heaviest and my aim is to get down to 140lbs.

Here are a few confessions about me....

1) I work for the ambulance service and work 12hr shifts. My shift rotation is 2 days, 2 night and then 4 off. As you can guess this doesn't do well for the diet, my sleeping patterns are all over the place and i eat at funny times of the day, plus temptation is always in my path.

2) Im sorry about this one.... not for the faint hearted...... im a little obbsessed with bowel health and the bowel movements. i like to be regular and i worry when ive not 'been to the toilet' for a few days..... so occasionally talk about my frequency may occur!!!!

3) This is quite a big one for me to admit to and put out there in public..... I'm a secret binge eater. During the week days when im at home, i have a tendency to binge. I go to the shops and buy large amounts of food..... (burgers, chocolates, cakes.... whatever it is i fancy) and scoff the lot. getting rid of the evidence before my otherhalf gets home from work. Its not unusual for me to go to mcdonalds, order 2 meals and eat both. I get the erge to do this as i think there is nothing better to sit in front of the telly, put a program on and have lots of nice food...... afterwards it never makes me feel good, it always makes me feel sick, and i always regret doing it. I dont understand why i do it.

3) (When im not binging)..... I tend to be pretty good food wise during the week but enjoy going out for dinners and having a drink at weekends with the boyfriend. My favourite food is pizza (mmmm pizza hut) and absolutly love Harvester. I can be a bit of a drinker aswell. I love a good pint of cider and am a bit of a wine fiend..... i fully intend to stick to 1 or 2 gin and tonics a night at the weekends and no booze during the week. (with the odd glass of wine on a special occasion)

4) I enjoy runny, unfortunatly i have absolutly no motivation. I've started the coach to 5k program so many times its unbelievable. I'm good and stick to it for a couple of weeks and then something happens... i get a cold, i go on holiday or something and then dont do anything for weeks and have to start again. Id rather sit infront of the tv of a morning than do some exercise... opps!

5) I live with my boyfriend, but during the week we tend to do our own thing food wise, due to shift patterns being all over the place and my constant want to diet and eat healthier (he doesnt want to eat my type of 'diet' foods). We do eat together on the weekend (when im not working), i'll cook for us both or we'll go out for dinner.

6) Im an every day weigher... ive said it, im not ashamed of it and there is no way i will stop!!!!

Im going to try and stick to under 1400cals a day, with the understanding that i may go slightly over at the weekends when the boyfreind and i eat together.

Im going to try my hardest to exercise regulaly.

Im going to try not to drink as much alcohol.

Im going to try not to binge eat.

Im going to use this diary to track my progress, to use as a distraction when im faced with temptation and for my general rambalings (and boy do i tend to ramble!).

Im using myfitnesspal to keep a diary so please add me..... lotte770 (hopefullly this will stop me cheating)

Sorry for going on for faaaar to long, but thankyou for reading.
Good luck all.xxx

Hi I found you,
I've got a few confessions the same as you,

1, I like to do a big poo too, makes me feel all satisfied ;)

2, I love a pint of cider, love lager & wine too, infact that's why my diets fail a lot, because I get drunk then want to eat rubbish the day after :(

3, I DON'T like running, I hate exercise, but I've started doing some this week, I've been on my step once this week ( couldn't walk for two days after) and my treadmill twice :) feel all proud of myself ;)

Can't think of anymore, good luck with ccing. Xx

I binge too lol, like I haven't eaten for weeks. Occasionally I still do.....then sit back and think 'woah, how'd that happen?!' Like I was possessed! I'll add you on mpf I'm MrsK1824. Good luck x

I am also a big binger! And panic after do this and then don't eat. I'm also on my mfp, anyone add me x

time2go said:
I am also a big binger! And panic after do this and then don't eat. I'm also on my mfp, anyone add me x

As ally2069 x

Ah thanks folks.... Its nice to know i m not the only one that does it. Im going to try really hard to stop doing it. Although I always think ill enjoy it, I dont, afterwards I just feel awfull and you stop tasting whatever it is after a certain amount!

Oasis and time2go i've added you both on mfp.

Well im on my first of 2 night shifts tonight, so hopefully I can behave myself.

Hey hun and welcome :)
This site is great for support so keep posting on ur diary, I will add u on mfp now :D

Have a lovely day and well done on your progress so far xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Although im an every day weigher...im going to have fridays as my official weigh-in day I think (gives me a little weekends grace then).

This morning though, ive just finished a 13hr night shift and crawled into bed to sleep before tonights shift. Ill weigh myself later when I wake up.... Probably about 4ish..... Ill let you know how ive got on later.

When and what day does every one else weigh in???? I like to do it first thing in the morning before ive had anything to eat (thinking thats when im at my lightest!!!)

Xxx

I wi on Fridays first thing. Not wi today as have had a bad week, I'm hoping for a loss next Friday x

I usually WI friday or sat mornings, first thing with knickers and pj top (duno why!) lol

Good luck for later xx

stef2009 said:
I usually WI friday or sat mornings, first thing with knickers and pj top (duno why!) lol

Good luck for later xx

Me too! But I wi on our laminate in livingroom so I come down take my bottoms off and stand there in my knickers and top, hubby often walks in to find me undressing.........can't say he complains lol x

stef2009 said:

Good luck for later xx

He he I like to weigh in but-naked..... Every little helps girls!!!!!

Wellv in the 5 days ive been back on plan ive managed to loose 2.8lbs :)

Although im happy with that, it is a little bit of a cheat. The week before I came back to minimins (last week) id been on my all inclusive summers holiday, so its only what id put on over that..... (so I presumed that was always going to be easy to get off)

Good luck to the rest of you.xxx

Thanks guys.

Finished my 2 night shifts this morning (thank god). Been a bit of a naughty afternoon food wise. Went shopping to get the OH some new t-shirts and ended up at burger king for lunch. And then we went to TGI Fridays for dinner this evening (its our 5 year anniversary of meeting today and thats where we first met)

So overall ive had:

Burger king....chicken nuggets and chips.... 550 Cals
tgi fridays..... Chicken fajitas..... 520 Cals
Having a couple of gin and tonics with a film this evening.
Oh and I had an apple and banana for breakfast early this morning before finishing work.

So overall ive not had too many calories, but its not the healthiest of choices.

Last edited:
We didnt end up watching our film last night as we got so engrossed in the olympic athletics..... Our chaps did fantastically and im not normally into my sports!!!! So we have that to watch this afternoon before we have to take it back to blockbusters!

Got my days food planned out today and its looking pretty good

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, activia pouring yogurt, banana - 330cals
Lunch - beans on toast - 382cals
Dinner - roast chicken, roast potatos, 2 stuffin balls, yorkshire pud, carroots and sprouts - 624cals

Total - 1336cals
So hopefully I can stick to plan and not have any sneaky snacks.

Hope your all managing the weekend ok.xxx

Good morning all.

Hope we've all had a nice weekend. I was naughty yesterday.... Id planned a nice roast dinnner and allocated my calories. I would normaly have some of the (lovely) skin, but I know its bad for me so I left it off my dinner. Later that evening (while separating out the left over chicken and bones) I started nibbling on the skin :-( why did I do this, I know its bad, I know its fatty, so why do I continue to stuff myself with this rubbish!?

On the plus side I had no alcohol over the weekend..... Yay!

Anyway..... Its a new week and a fresh chance.
My aim for this week is to get some exercise. Ive got the coach-2-5k app so im going to (re)start that program! All being well I should do that 3 times this week.

chicken skin is only "bad" in the sense it is full of calories but is not bad for you, we all need fat in our diet. we need to readjust our view of "fat" in our diets. human bodies require a full range of things, including fats x so dont b too hard on yourself xx

Back