Journey to a new me Calorie counting

After many years of yo yo dieting I am currently the heaviest I have ever been. When I stood on the scales and they stared back at me saying 18st 11lbs I was devastated, but it has really given me the shock I needed to start the journey to a brand new me. I have tried a lot of diets in the past and they seem to work for a while but never seem to last so this time I am going to follow a healthy calorie controlled diet. Also I hope this diary will keep me on track as I will update my meals and weekly weigh ins to keep my motivation going. I am off to Ibiza on 05/10/2015 so this is my goal date fingers crossed xx:):):):)

First week as gone really well I feel so my better in myself and motivation is great. Here's my food diary for the week just gone aiming for 1400 calories per day:

Day 1

Breakfast: Boiled egg on 1 round of wholemeal toast
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Cous cous with tuna and salad
Snack: Orange
Dinner:Chicken breast with salad and Jacket potato

Day 2

Breakfast: Boiled egg on 1 piece of wholemeal toast
Snack: Apple and grapes
Lunch: Salad with tin of sardines
Snack: Orange and go ahead bar
Dinner: Oven baked fish and veg.

Day 3

Breakfast: boiled egg on 1 piece of wholemeal toast
Lunch: Cous cous with ham salad
Dinner: Wholemeal pasta with homemade tomato sauce.

Day 4

Breakfast: Beans on toast
Lunch: Tuna and cucumber sandwich and an orange
Dinner:Leftover over pasta from night before

Day 5

Breakfast: boiled egg on 1 piece of wholemeal toast
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Homemade veg soup
Dinner: Salmon oven baked with veg

Day 6

Breakfast: boiled egg on toast
Lunch: Sardines on toast and an orange and apple
Dinner Jacket potato and beans

Last edited:

First weigh in today and I've lost 6lbs!!!

So so pleased
:clap::bliss::greenapple: Onwards and upwards from here!!!

Thought I would try to start adding in some exercise this week but I am so unfit at the moment it is unbelievable!!! Thought I would try and start walking to work instead of getting the bus (bearing in mind it is uphill all the way). Took me 25 minutes and was a very bright beetroot colour by the time I got to work but my god am I glad I did it, felt so much better in myself for the rest of the day and I know the more I do it the easier it will get. Food still going well and no real cravings yet to speak of

Yesterday
Breakfast: Boiled egg on toast
Lunch: Tuna salad
Snack: Apple and orange
Dinner Oven fish with brocolli and carrots

Today
Breakfast: Boiled egg on toast
Snack: Go Ahead bar
Lunch Boiled egg and salad
Dinner wholemeal pasta with homemade tomato sauce

Hey well done on walking to work and on your great weight loss. It looks like your plan is working well.

Welcome welshy - good looking menu. My minis BFF waffle started at 18stone 12 and she's now in the 14s! It doesn't look like all that many calories if you don't mind me saying - how many is it approx?

Back