Journey to the skinny Twix inside..........

Twix70

Been on and off this diet again and again - the usual story lose some go back to old ways and put it all back on plus more.

Since 1st Jan this year I made the decision that this year would be the year things change.

I joined my local class again on 3 Jan and was welcomed with open arms - since then Ive managed to lose 11lbs which im pleased with as this time Its not a diet its a life change to healthy controlled eating and to be fair i havent felt like im dieting.

the last copule of weeks ive noticed ive either stayed the same of lost 1/2lb so i thought it might be a good idea to keep a diary - then if Im still not really losing much maybe someone will notice why that might be.

Ive also started this morning to include excerise - (im not the most energetic so this is a big thing for me!)

Here goes then

Body Magic - 20 mins on cross trainer

Breakfast
1 pint still water
2 cups of tea - black
2 weetabix
milk from allowance
1 apple

Thats it for now :) x

Missed a couple of days but have kept on track update for Friday and Saturday is
Saturday
2 weetabix with skimmed milk and an apple
Mushroom omlette and baked beans for Breakfast
Jacket with Baked beans large salad of beetroot onion lettuce toms cuc
Syns 2 x mini milks 1.5 syns each and a curly wurly 6 syns and an options drink
Friday
Branflakes and Vanilla mueller light with mixed berries
Jacket with salad and Teso Light cottage cheese
Quorn cottage pie with side of carrots and cabbage

Syns Curly wurly 6 syns and options drink 2 syns

Today
2 fried eggs - (fried in frylite) on 2 slices hovis wholemeal toast (small) I banana
Lunch today is
Pork - all fat taken off - I wont be tempted by the crackling!! roast spuds in frylite carrots, green beans, leeks

Ive also made a cake thats 12 syns for the whole cake - filling is quark that had vanilla essence mixed into it and left over night along with sliced fresh strawberries - if its as good as everyone says i may well be baking this every week!

I'll let you know :)

Back later with everything else ive eaten.

Felt good today - Im wearing a pair of 16 cargo trousers - not been a 16 for years!!!! :D

well done on your loss so far twix, your diary just reminded me to add mini milks to my shopping list! xxx

im useless at keeping this diary going - but i do keep on track through the week so i'll try and write up the days i can remember!

Firstly whoever thinks quark mixed with vanilla essense etc and left overnight before using tastes just like cream is 'CRAZY'!!! it was horrible!!!!!! i used it to fill my cake - the one i made last sunday and we all hated it! I'm planning to use fromage frais next time - the cake itself was fine - just remember stay away from QUARk!

Really pleased with Tuesdays weigh in - i managed to lose 4lbs! and at the same time get my 1 stone award - need to change my ticker (somehow!)
This gave me the chance to whoop whoop at diet club and give myself a pat on the back for not losing track and keeping faith.

Diary for most of this week
Friday
Branflakes milk sweetner sliced banana and melon chunks
jacket with beans and salad
small piece of fish (it was good friday) slimming world chips and mushy peas
Syns are usual
options drink
mini milk
curly wurly
9.5 for day

Thursday
Fried eggs on toast (frylight and dry toast)
Lunch with clients - starter smoked salmon with salad - main seared tuna with pea shoots greens beans sliced pots (didnt eat pots as wasnt sure about the dressing)
Take away chinese mushroom curry with boiled rice - Hubby had been away came home with a takeaway!!!
didnt have any other syns because i havent got a clue how many I'd had today

Wednesday
Mueller light with various chunks of fruit - blueberries, blackberries and banana
lunch with clients - goats cheese frittata ( asked for very small amount of goats cheese)
Home made SW spag bol - (no garlic bread!)

Syns
1 mini milk
options drink

Tuesday
weetabix milk and sweetner - apple mueller light banana
Low fat super noodles
cous cous with beetroot salad.
Weigh in tonight whoop whoop!!!!!!

Curly wurly, pack of cheese & onion hula hoops!!! mmmmm

Right now to today

Had scrambled egg beans toms and mushrooms for breakfast
lunch was humous (think i added too much onion!) with celery and carrot batons salad and shape peach yoghurt (soo nice)
Plan for tea is asparagus and leek risotto - its in this months magazine and looks really nice.

Syns so far - been bored today so ive already had my curly wurly choc fix and 2 mini milks
Will only have an options to enjoy later!!!

Hubby's been nice - he's bought me a bouquet of easter lilys (my favourite) instead of an egg - mind you im fairly happy not eating an egg after learning the syn values of some easter eggs at club this week.

Right that'll do

Hope you all have a lovely easter everyone x

Well I got through Easter Sunday with all its egg's and cupcakes and apple pie and custard for pudding!!! Very happy with myself.

Sundays diary
Breakfast
Melon and Shape Yoghurt
Lunch
Roast Beef, only had 2 slices (although I wished I'd had more)
Frylight roast spuds and parsnips
Cauliflower, Broc, green beans, carrots
Had lunch late so only had some fruit before I went to bed
and a LARGE options hot choc

So far today Ive had
Breakfast Magic Pancakes - very nice
Lunch Asparagus and 2 poached eggs
1 mini milk

Not sure what to have for tea tonight - weigh in tomorrow so maybe i'll make a speedy soup. give myself the best finish to the week that I can.

I feel like Im being a bit boring with my breakfasts so might have a look for something more exciting.

I really need to work out how to change my ticker too!
x

Finished Bank holiday monday with a Jacket and Salad!

Yesterday I was really really good Salad Salad and more Salad topped with Chicken had weigh in and lost 1lb - better than nothing but thought thankfully I got away with the Chinese curry from last week!

Have a nice Do to go to in three weeks time - really hoping to have lost maybe another 5 lbs by then - i need a nice dress for it not sure where to go to look for one though - being a 16 i find the high streets dont cater for my 'real' shape - might have a look online and see whats around.

anyway today
Weetabix x 2 with skimmed milk from allowance
Shape fat free yoghurt
Apple

Im thinking about lunch now and Ive bought with me to work
Chicken Pieces Tikka flavour (free) from Tesco
Salad and pickles - onions beetroot and red cabbage

Tea is going to be Beef Rogan Josh - Bought the 50 orignal syn free recipe book last night and it has this but Lamb - dont have lamb so beef it will be!
I'll have it with a little boiled rice.

my usual syns for tonight will be either curly wurly or a bag of hula hoops and an options drink.

Feeling good today - I have faith in my attitude x x

Twix70 said:
Finished Bank holiday monday with a Jacket and Salad!

Yesterday I was really really good Salad Salad and more Salad topped with Chicken had weigh in and lost 1lb - better than nothing but thought thankfully I got away with the Chinese curry from last week!

Have a nice Do to go to in three weeks time - really hoping to have lost maybe another 5 lbs by then - i need a nice dress for it not sure where to go to look for one though - being a 16 i find the high streets dont cater for my 'real' shape - might have a look online and see whats around.

anyway today
Weetabix x 2 with skimmed milk from allowance
Shape fat free yoghurt
Apple

Im thinking about lunch now and Ive bought with me to work
Chicken Pieces Tikka flavour (free) from Tesco
Salad and pickles - onions beetroot and red cabbage

Tea is going to be Beef Rogan Josh - Bought the 50 orignal syn free recipe book last night and it has this but Lamb - dont have lamb so beef it will be!
I'll have it with a little boiled rice.

my usual syns for tonight will be either curly wurly or a bag of hula hoops and an options drink.

Feeling good today - I have faith in my attitude x x

What a lovely upbeat post!
You seem to be doing really well and have a great attitude!
The lamb rogan josh is divine! I'm sure it will taste just as good with beef!
I got that book last week, really pleased with it :-D.
Hope things continue to go well for you.

Ahhh thank you!!! The Rogan Josh as you say was Fab even with beef!
Fell off the wagon good and proper yesterday though :( dont know what came over me - I was working from home and made the mistake of having 'one' quality street choc - well that lead to another then another until i think it could well have been 16 quality street choc - oh no but it didnt stop there- no no no - I then went into my curly wurly stash - luckily there were only two left (one for friday and one for sat - i then replenish during my weekly shop on sunday!) coz yeap you guessed it i ate them both! - hubby came home and said he fancied fish and chips so like a good un i went along with him!! felt so ill last night - didnt sleep well either -so bloated - but to my surprise and my defence i got up this morning and luckily got straight back in the zone!!!

Ive been on a green day today so treated myself to the following:

weetabix milk and a banana with a shape yoghurt for a mid morning snack
Pasta with a tomato sauce that i made using onion mushroom and passata - with a side salad
Bubble and squeak with baked beans - had another banana and some frozen grapes
No curly wurly tonight :boohoo: seeing as i ate it yesterday ([plus i dont deserve one )

Does anyone else have days like i did yesterday???? Any ideas on how to stop them!???? i really dont want to looose so much control again - things had been going so well.

note to self - need to cut down on the bananas

hope you all have a good weekend x

Had weigh in last night and lucky devil me stayed the same after the killer friday 13th choc fest I'd had.

Sunday was a good day - went to a Game show and did a fair bit of walking over the whole day - weather was lovely in places and I came home with very rosey cheeks - Ive realised i dont really get much fresh air so it was nice to feel kissed by the weather.

Had weetabix milk and an apple! for breakfast
took some fruit with me so that i didnt get tempted by the lovely food stalls at the show
finished the day by going to the local carvery - had turkey and veg - had a little mash potato but stayed away from the cauliflower cheese and the roasties :D

Monday
Branflakes milk and yogurt with 2 plums
On a course today so was worrying about what would be on offer - didnt need to have thoug as the hotel seemed to bring out Sunday lunch leftovers so piled my plate with veg and turkey followed by fruit salad
Wasnt that hungry teatime so only had my treat - curly wurly and an options drink with the milk allowance i had left.

Tuesday
Fruit and shapers yoghurt for breakfast
more fruit for lunch
Steak and veg for tea
hula hoops and some froxen grapes
Options hot choc before bed

Today
Bran flakes with milk
Low fat super noodles - 1 banana 1 plum and a shapers youghurt (didnt managed to have any super free veg)
just eaten me tea
cous cous with a chicken breast and beetroot salad with 2 hard boiled eggs.
Had my curly wurly early this evening :sigh: so might had 15 syns today and have another one later with an options (i usually only have at most 10 so hopefully it will be ok)

Having lunch with a client tomorrow - i so hope its not at some chinese buffett restaurant!! dont think i'll be able to control myself! wish me luck anyway

Catch up again soon

x x

Oh just thought I should update my losses on my ticker but I cant!! i need to take it off because it doesn tlook like im doing anything!

No Chinese buffet thank goodness - no instead it was french so i went with seabass cooked in paper with a pot of veg on the side - starter was gradvalax and obstained from having a pud!! The food was beautiful and I worked out that if there were any syns in it at all it would be 3 at a push.

On my train journey home I thought Id treat myself to a bar of choc - thought if i have a bar now I'll still have a few syns left to have my options and mini milks itll be fine - I text my friend to find out what syns were in a twix and fell on the floor at her reply of 14!!!!!! so didnt bother - I let the trolley man go right on passed me.

Had a good weekend hoping for at least a pound being off tomorrow night.

Been good today got new pots ham and veg for tea tonight - its all just cooking and I cant wait to eat it. It could probably do with a low syn parsley sauce ( note to self find a recipe for next time!)

I'll be off now - take care all x x

Where on earth does the time go ??? I cant believe its been a month since I last came onto here! mind you Im feeling good - since i last checked in ~Ive lost a further 4 lbs - nice and steady - got my next weigh in tomorrow - should be another lb - Im finally finding Im making good choices!! I had a 'Ball' last week - drank vodka slimline picked to 'good bits' from the meal we were given - skipped the dessert completely - whoop whoop and didnt feel deprived and still lost a lb at weigh in - Im realising I can enjoy life and still lose weight - lovely!!!
Really need to start incorporating some kind of exercise though - my cross trainer gets stood on once a month if its lucky so after tomorrows weigh in I'm going to aim for getting a body magic certificate!!
Im really pleased I made this commitment at the beginning of the year - its surprising how good you can feel in really such a short space of time.

Good luck to you all with your journeys x x x

Back