Judd new starter

Liz0800

Hi everyone here,

I started my Alternate day diet programme five days ago. Got the book two years ago but like most diets abandoned it.

Anyway I watched the horizon programme and it re grabbed me.

I have been doing 550 on DD and anything I fancied on the UU. Just felt I would like and benefit from some support. I am on the DD today and just woke up really hungry.

I had a major bereavement last year and have put on in that time a massive 16lbs.. I look yucky and plump and feel awful as I am not that tall. None of my clothes fit me either. Moan moan eh.

Anyway I go on my summer hols next sat with big fat wobbly legs and bum to boot.....pun excused. I thought if I get back on track now I can get back to the programme after my jollies and do it sensibly, well Ivan begin to feel positive.

Any way I aim for being down to goal for Xmas.

Btw has anyone got the super duper all singing dancing scales....are they worth it or are the old fashioned stand ons as good. Maybe another thread for that question.

Thanks so much

Liz X

Here's my plan

13/8/2011 - Day 1 weight to lose = 15 lbs

Last edited:
That should be Hi!

On the iPad app and don't know where the edit tab is.....Then just found it so first entry now makes sense. Just need delete tab to delete this then I've cracked it.

Welcome to the world of Liz

Liz x

Last edited:
hee hee hello liz and welcome I think I am going to like you, good luck with your journey xx

Hi Liz and welcome, sorryu for your loss, my Father died in Feb this year and It hits you hard doesn't it :( Anyway this is a great diet and a great forum, lots of lovely members and the support is second to none. Good luck in your Juddd journey x

Hiya to you both,

Thank you for your welcome.......it's nice to be in lovely company. Passionflower , I had read your thread a little before when you were supporting Caroline and I think we have some things in common.

I hope I can help you both too, too, if that makes sense!

Right..just off for first nibble of the day

Liz x

Hi Liz, hope you enjoyed that nibble!!! im only on 2nd week so still feel like a bit of a newbie myself. Am really enjoying this way of eating and knowing its improving my health too is amazing. these ladies have been fantastic and passionflowers tomato soup comes highly recommended!! welcome and look forward to reading about your experiences! X

At the top there is a sub section called dd food ideas. Its in there. Along with some delicious looking pancakes that are most definately next! X

How is it going Liz? and Vandwoodle glad you enjoyed the soup xx

Hi passionflower,

How are you going too?

Well I am on day 8 now....I am doing dd then up...ie I am not having two ups in a row.

My weight yesterday was 9.13. I was 10.5 I recall last week.

I feel scared that it won't work but keep telling myself scientifically it has to. I am not counting calls in my up day.

I need a dd tomorrow to get back on track even tho I am if that makes sense? It feels scary eating on the up day but I like not restricting.

Liz x

Liz0800 said:
Hi passionflower,

How are you going too?

Well I am on day 8 now....I am doing dd then up...ie I am not having two ups in a row.

I feel scared that it won't work but keep telling myself scientifically it has to. I am not counting calls in my up day.

I need a dd tomorrow to get back on track even tho I am if that makes sense? It feels scary eating on the up day but I like not restricting.

Liz x

I have my first up day tomoz and know what u mean about scared I'm only supposed to have 1790 calories on an up day :(

Hi passionflower,

How are you going too?

Liz x
OH WOW that's really encouraging Liz, how amazing, you need to get a diary so I can cheer you on. :) fab stuff well done and no restricting is the whole point of this fabulous plan. I am looking forward to my unrestricted day tomorrow.

Hi passionflower.....are you anywhere near to doing your weigh in.

I have had a dd today but feel a bit pumped up from my up yesterday. Hope I still lose.

Hi chunky dunk......how's it going so far.

Liz x

Hi passionflower.....are you anywhere near to doing your weigh in.

I have had a dd today but feel a bit pumped up from my up yesterday. Hope I still lose.

Hi chunky dunk......how's it going so far.

Liz x

Hi hun I weigh on Saturday morning so i will know then. I started this week with a massive gain after 2 UD at the weekend and that scared me s***less so I stopped checking the scales, I won't do it again till Saturday(if I can help it). I feel fat and yuck as its near TOM but I am sticking with it, the freedom i have while following this plan is worth more than seeing results quickly. Just read your other thread I think you need to stick with it as well. I just noticed you started at 10.5 and this morning you said you are 10.1 after a UP day so that is 4lbs already. I am sure you will see a good loss tomorrow morning. Keep smiling my sweet xx

Back