JUDDDD using VLCD packs for down days? Your thoughts pleeeeease!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has done JUDDD or 5:2 plan but used VLCD packs for their fasting days? I am doing Slim and Save at the moment and considering the evidence for feast vs fast meals and the more sustainable nature of those sorts of plans, but thinking about whether I could essentially use Slim and Save packs to avoid giving over my cals on a fast day. That way I wouldn't even have to think about cal counting! What do you think? Have you tried it? Please respond!

Xxx

Hi Wannabslim, I did S & S a few months a go and have a few spares left as well, the general feedback seems to be that considering what you can actually eat for 500 cals vs, 3 S & S packs ,most people seem to go for the food option. I have decided to try my packs for a few days and see how I feel about it, if for nothing else , like you say to not have to think about cals, as for me thats a big plus point for this diet.

Thanks so much for replying, I really appreciate it! I've taken the decision to give it a go, combining S&S with JUDDD to see if it works for me. I actually quite like the shakes and am able to stick to them no problem when I plan a 100% day, so as it will take the maths out of it for me I think that's the way to go.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Hey,

I use the packs for my down days. I've one both and found that I I allow myself 'food', that I add a little bit more, and a little bit more and then I sod it it I'm having an IM day, which ultimately turns into an ud!

I usually add a bit to my third pack tho, lik a bit of potential ad some veg, just to jazz it up a touch, normally takes me to around 500

Thanks hun, that's what Im thinking I'll do too. How quickly do you lose weight doing that, and do you do the same days each week ie MWF as DD or do you alternate? Xx

Thanks hun, that's what Im thinking I'll do too. How quickly do you lose weight doing that, and do you do the same days each week ie MWF as DD or do you alternate? Xx

I do m, w, f plan. I normally have about 1lb week loss once I'm IMO the plan a bit. As this is my first wk coming back I'm on target for a 5lb loss. Some weeks I've sts, some wks I've randomly lost 3lb. But, on the weeks where I've stayed the same I've lost inches, that's why I recommend measuring too

Thanks, thats really helpful. Have you ever tried strict alternating to see what losses you got on that?

I have to say that the idea of having Sun, Tues, Thurs as DD appeals to me as I would find it easier to get through Sunday without eating than I would Friday! Also Tues and Thurs tend to be long working days for me so I can easily take a couple of shakes to work and the not have to worry what to prepare!

Thanks so much for replying, I really appreciate it! I've taken the decision to give it a go, combining S&S with JUDDD to see if it works for me. I actually quite like the shakes and am able to stick to them no problem when I plan a 100% day, so as it will take the maths out of it for me I think that's the way to go.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Hey, I jumped ship from s&s after finishing a week, made decision before re ordering. Lost 9lbs, but think this is going to fit into lifestyle better than s&s and seems to be lots of health benefits. I have a some packs left, but decided to go real food for first proper down day. Had fruit, homemade veg soup that I calculated calls and having a bag of French fries as Friday night treat. Have found today ok after a week on packs!

Thanks for sharing hun! Hubby has convinced me to stick to SnS til Tuesday so I'll have completed 2 weeks and then will be switching it over to JUDDD SnS style!

That's really interesting, I thought we had to consume stuff on our fast day to prevent starvation mode, have I misunderstood that part? Xx

You don't need to consume calories or completely fast, it's up to you, you won't go into starvation mode unless you do multiple DD if that makes sense, generally I think they say thats why not to do 2 DD's together, although from most of what I have read you wouldn't get a metabolic slow down for at least 3 days. As far as I can work out there isn't a benefit to either fasting/eating your 500 cals on DD's other than as others have said it can make you feel really hungry once you start eating, but everyone is different.

I think it's really interesting to note as well that after a while on S & S the losses slow down and I was lucky to be getting 2lbs some weeks. If I can get 2lbs every week on this plan it will eventually produce bigger losses than S & S in the long run, so fingers crossed

That's really interesting, I thought we had to consume stuff on our fast day to prevent starvation mode, have I misunderstood that part? Xx

I've just read the Michael Mosley book recommended on here, explains how it all works and really interesting about the health benefits of intermittent fasting. Really worth a read. X

Hi Rosey he's the guy who did the doc for panorama right, I saw that! I am familiar with the benefits etc as watched the doc and did research after. The difficulty for me is deciding the balance of fast vs normal days. What are you doing? Xx

The book says alternate days for the first 2 weeks, like an induction type thing. Here's what I'm doing :

SatSunMonTueWedThuFri
DownUpDownUpDownIntUp

Thursday is marked as intermediate until I settle down and then I will do Hannas way as our weekend here starts on a Thursday night rather than Friday and it's the day I tend to have drinks, so I can control my food but I will have drinks, Friday is hangover day so I won't eat until later in the day but it's bound to be something nasty!!

My fasts are 36 hours with a feeding window of 12 hours on an up day at the moment, but this may change

Hi Rosey he's the guy who did the doc for panorama right, I saw that! I am familiar with the benefits etc as watched the doc and did research after. The difficulty for me is deciding the balance of fast vs normal days. What are you doing? Xx

Hi, I'm trying 4:3 mon, weds & fri as down days for now but will see how it goes. Have been using personal fitness app everyday to keep track as has been a long time since I've noted calories. Enjoying it so far and actually looking forward to fast day tomorrow! When you thinking of starting? X

Hiya, starting tomorrow I think, as that will be my second WI since starting Slim and Save. Hoping to see another 3lbs off since last WI (9lbs last week). Gonna trial JUDDD to see what happens and if it doesn't work for me I'll hop back over to SnS!

Have you had your first WI since SnS yet?xx

Last edited:
Back