Julia's kind of JUDDD

juju_doll

juju_doll
Hi all, having struggled with CD, LL and SW this year I thought I'd give this a go! Very inspired by the Horizon program and then reading many of your posts. Over the next 4 weeks I'm going to do a 2/5 mix of DD and UD, mainly due to hundreds of social things and holidays and then when term starts and if the weight loss is not enough may up it to 3 DDs. First DD today, porridge this morning and the same tonight to make a grand total of about 450 cals. Really hoping this works, the science seems pretty impressive.

I find 3 DD's are ideal for me and I also make sunday an intermediate day when I can (with a regular calorie allowance 1200-1500) just to strike a balance in there. Guess it really depends on how strict you are on UD.

I don't count mine, but if you counted, you could probably get away with 2 DD's. But honestly DD's are not as tough and horrible as you think they'd be. I find my DD's enjoyable and prefer having three DD's and eat what without counting on UD's. If you can have success either way its all good! Its all a bit of experimentation to get it right :)

Good luck x

Thanks for the response. To be honest, the only reason I'm doing 2 DDs rather than 3 is because of a lot of social things and holidays over the next few weeks. Once I get in to the school routine I reckon I'll do 3. Just felt it was a better plan than just noshing my way through the next 4 weeks!!

I think I'll be fine on the d days. Having done cd and ll for 6 months each this should be much more manageable. I'm also hoping as I have a lot to lose it will come off pretty quickly. Depends how I treat up days though. Having nice food is one thing - bingeing like a piglet is another!

Hi and welcome, the urge to binge on an UP day isn't as strong as you may think, especially when you get into the swing of it, and I am a really greedy piglet believe me x

Well I managed it! One Dd done and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. The prospect that it's just for a day rather than for months is wonderful. It feels totally manageable.

Menu was breakfast of porridge and milk, a cup of tea, lunch was a ryvita and cheese triangle, dinner more porridge! Total of 493 calories.

Up day today, thoroughly enjoying it! Do people log their up day calories?

I never used to , I am only logging them at the moment because its School hols and I am less active , not going to add them up on weekend UPs though that would be sacrilege lol . Dr Johnson says to eat normally until satisfied hope that helps a bit x

Thanks, really helpful. I think it's a case of seeing how things go over the next few weeks and playing it by ear! Your posts have been really inspirational by the way! Thank you!

Second DD done, weighing tomorrow as I have a funny couple of weeks coming up with visits away and holidays so my weights will sometimes be a week, sometimes a bit less or more. Found it a challenge today, didn't have much going on and mooching around the house doesn't help to distract from food. In some ways I'll be glad when summer hols is over and I can get back in to school mode - this is my problem being a teacher, spend the term counting down to holidays and then wish my holidays away!!

Food today for 500 cals

Porridge, milk, blueberries, tsp syrup 215

Lunch 1 ryvita, 1 crispbread, 2 cheese tri 104

Dinner: 2 crispbread, 1 cheese tri 63

Snacks: 2 minimilks, 1 twister lolly 105

Total 487 cals

Currently watching Tom Daly in his very tight pants ... yum yum

I weighed and was exactly the same weight as last Sunday. To be honest I didn't weigh on Thursday before I started and was probably a good few pounds heavier than this due to 3 days of constant bingeing. Am not going to get upset about it. I feel better, less bloated and more in control. Its got to be better than constantly putting on weight and once I get in a routine I reckon it will come off at a 1 or 2lb rate a week. Will be weighing next on Friday before I go to Center Parcs, then try to get in to a weekly routine.

Good luck! I know what you mean about feeling less bloated, I certainly feel better about my water retention since starting this plan x x

Well yesterday's up day was lovely, carvery and cream scones, Nom Nom! Dday today and have put off eating until now. Another thrilling day of crackerbread ahead! Lots of housework to do. Oh good ..... X

Hey Julia your UP day sounded just like mine PERFECT!!! enjoy your DD today I have seared scallops and cauliflower puree for dinner and vege soup for lunch

That sounds yummy, I've decided to try eating later in the day today to see if it helps with the hunger. Going to try having my porridge tonight or around 5 when my hunger monster is at its worst!

I too am a primary teacher so totally understand about the social events!

I am weirdly looking forward for term to start but only menu wise - otherwise I am concerned about the holidays flying by!! :-/

Hooray for the juddding primary school teachers! Good luck with your start to the diet.

Delighted with my up day today, the first one I've had with some relaxed control - if that makes any sense! Having another up day tomorrow, then a down day before my holiday on Friday. Long weekend in Center Parcs, but going to try and keep a lid on it as much as possible, whilst still enjoying myself!

Well first Dday where I've actually felt ok, had lots of things to do pre holiday which helped. Off tomorrow after a weigh in and I'm having 3 up days in a row, but so be it and straight on a Dday on Monday when I travel back. Excited about weigh in tomorrow though!

Good luck for WI - don't forget to come share tr results before u go away :) x

Delighted! 2lbs off and that will do me very nicely - particularly as my actual starting weight was probably higher due to a 3 day epic binge before starting JUDDD, so probably more like 5. But 2 is fab. If i can manage 1 or 2 lbs a week 18 weeks until xmas and that would be 36lbs if I carried on the same! That would be amazing! Off to Center Parcs now - once I've had a bowl of crunchy nut - nom nom nom. Hope everyone has a very good day. JUDDD RULES!!!

Back