july 2009 and i need to lose four stone

abz

Gold Member
which sounds incredibly easy. except i've lost and gained the same stone several times over the last year. i really don't know what to start doing. my budget is very tight, i can't really afford a group or 'special' food buys. could a few people pop up and explain respective diets so i have some kind of clue as to what to try? i was thinking of the juddd as that would suit my lifestyle rather well... and i have a while to get there. just want to know what my other options are.

please?

abz xx

I don't know what the Juddd is, wha is it? I am on Slimming World and I know some doctors can give vouchers for classes. Or there are lots of people who do SW online. Other than that there is no way I know of that doesn't involve some sort of cost.

I got married in February 4 stone lighter than when I started SW.

Welcome to the form and good luck with whatever you choose to do x

it's a diet that i've only ever heard mentioned on this forum until i looked into it. seems to really work for some people and completely fail for others, so i guess it's a try it and see thing. you alternate a day of eating what you want with a very low calorie day of around 500cals to start off with. unless you binge on the up days the down days regulate your average calories. it seems to work on delayed gratification...

abz xx

I just saw it on another thread and I think I will try to incorporate the principles into my existing plan and see how it works. I'm not brave enought to try doing this without the backup of a healthy eating plan!

i think the success would lie in not going absolutely mental on an up day. it will take some kind of will power but i think i'm willing to give it a shot. i'm on day 10 of an 11 day detox which has been incredibly strict. certain things you have to eat each day, there was a wide range but the ones i had were brocolli, an orange, an apple, a pair, two eggs, two sticks of celery, kale and two portions of meat. and then i couldn't have caffeine, sugar, sweeteners, gluten, refined white carbs, hardly any carbs other than those in fruit actually, and then you could eat anything else that wasn't in these catagories. i have lived mainly on stirfries without sauce or noodles and salads. and then one day where you drink a juice you make up. i have lost 5.5lbs so far. not bad in 10 days. but i need to be sure that i don't go insane when i finish or i'll pile it all back on. it's very easy to do a very low calorie day on this detox, so i think i'll do tomorrow as my first low day and start with an up day on tuesday which also handily ties in with going to see my mum for her birthday at the weekend. but like i say. i don't want to go insane. i just want to be able to dunk a biscuit in my tea if the need takes me. i've lost a stone so far, four to go...

abz xx

Sounds to me like you are determined to do well and have a great attitude towards it. I believe you will do well. Start a diary so we can all see how you get on

i just read the JUDDD diet. you can try it but wether it will work im not sure. ive read some comments , it seems like a fad diet. u'll end up putting it back on. but im not gonna give a lecture. im not exactly the skinniest women in the world so its your choice. good luck and i really hope it works!!!!X

ha. i wrote this a long time ago. it's really strange to read back!! i have been doing cd for some months now and am close to a three stone loss :D

abz xx

Back