July money challenge

I still need to cut down my spending in July, I don't overspend but just spending too much & I want to put some away for hols. I've also realised I've no idea where the money is coming from for OH 50th birthday in October, he doesn't want a do, but I feel I need to buy him something special just don't know what.

Think I am going to try and plan better too. Something ive realised might be happening is that because some of the sw meals I like arent the sort of thing that some of the others in the house like/eat I am cooking a few different things some evenings. This probably isnt v.economical so might see if I can make this work better and if it helps cut costs. Eg lentils may be cheap but there is no way my youngest would eat them so would I be better doing a meal we could all eat......

Hmm... Think I might have to join this one.... OH is now doing sw with me.... He very rarely eats at home and where he works only has junk/fast food... So my food shopping bills will be going up..... We've been struggling with money since April when our tax credits were reduced by £300 a month :-(

Hmm... Think I might have to join this one.... OH is now doing sw with me.... He very rarely eats at home and where he works only has junk/fast food... So my food shopping bills will be going up..... We've been struggling with money since April when our tax credits were reduced by £300 a month :-(
Was he paying for his food at work? Could your budget not be altered so the money or some of that he was using for that now goes into the shopping pot?x

Was he paying for his food at work? Could your budget not be altered so the money or some of that he was using for that now goes into the shopping pot?x

Yeah he payed for his own... But think he got it fairly cheap.... We might be popping out for some sw friendly stuff he likes this morning so I'll suggest it.... Thanks xxx

Grrr! Took OH shopping this morning for sw friendly food he'd like..... Not a lot it seems lol.... We finally decided on shreddies for a HEB... I picked up morrisons own... He wanted proper ones that cost twice as much! Then I told him he was only allowed 30g.... He said well they'll last ages then.... He's got a point.. I buy weetabix crunchy bran which isn't cheap..... And for once he's right, it does last a while lol. Xx

Woohoo looks like car passed mot! Good start to month :D

My car just needed some break things, I don't know what, but its now been done. My garage will drop off the bill in his own time!!!! so no idea at this stage how much it's going to cost.

I don't think I've done too bad this month, but need to wait until payday on Friday for confirmation.

Well its payday today yay but its also mot day! Going to see how much damage that does and then budget for the rest of the month and see what I will be able to do to cut some costs.

So have had a look at things and think the aim is to try and stick to budget. Could be a bit of a challenge as need to pay for some gig tickets, am away this weekend then later on month have got my sisters bday and hope to meet up with her in London and my bday coming up too and am hoping hubby might want to buy me something :rolleyes:
Think the food costs are my main hope of cutting down if am really good.

I think the only way I can cut down is food, but I do buy odd bits, like books, well books really, I've put off buying the le creuset cafetiere I wanted, and the Tefal chopper thingy I could convince myself I needed! Other things I pay for is anything to do with the car, pet insurance, a loan which finishes in Nov, money into the joint acct for bills, specsavers & charity, and then I buy the food so really food is the only item which has a flexible value, so I'm going to the Asian shop on Saturday, haven't been this month, they tend to have special offers on tinned stuff, and generally try & cut down.

Back