1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

July money challenge

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by sparty, 30 June 2014 Social URL.

1. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

Help please!! I have had an awful two months money wise so need lots of inspiration and tips!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Well-Known Member

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Count me in, how quickly did June go?!?!?!?!?

Just checked my bank account, ouch, I did far toooooo much spending in June, and could really do with some money saving ideas for July. The only thing I pay for is everything to do with the car, holidays, food & odd bits & pieces and my own clothes/makeup etc.

I've got stuff in the freezer so could use that up, no idea about car, I think that's just how it will be, holidays, erm, the reason I've overspent, lol.

5. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

Bf and I sat down and talked about finances for the month last night. We have written down all our bills so we know how much money we have to spend and I think that helps us.

I have saved my extra wages from my temporary promotion which is £400 including the bit they backdated as they can never get things changed in time at my work so that is the start of our wedding fund :) need to play it by here as to how much we can save a month going forwards but at least it is a start.

6. janetelizabeth

janetelizabeth Well-Known Member

Good to be writing down your regular outgoings against your income. I find it hard on a fixed income and seem to float along using my credit card BUT always pay the full amount off by the date so no charges incurred. :D

7. GingerJV

GingerJV Well-Known Member

I do not know where my money goes every day;-) It seems that money have their own little feet;-))

8. Happy Holidays

£5 of free fruit and veg from Morrisons voucher in today's sun newspaper no minimum spend, :D Happy Days

9. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

awesome!! Is there an expiry date at all? might be worth getting a few copies if so!

10. Happy Holidays

Probably too late now, but I've no idea if there is an expiry date, I didn't manage to buy The Sun newspaper!!! forgot to remind OH, doh, I'll never save at this rate, lol

11. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

Well I legged it straight to the shop and picked up 2!! It expired yesterday and lucky for me u got one as I had a BBQ yesterday and all the salady bits ended up free!! Thanks for the tip and sorry you missed out!

12. Elvisfan4life

Elvisfan4life Well-Known Member

I save by shopping at aldi rather than tesco and using up leftovers so there is no waste

13. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

I've just saved £80 on car insurance by shopping around :):)

14. Happy Holidays

Thats an amazing saving :D

My boss is helping me save by not paying all our wages, grrrrrrr

15. *Emsie*

Omg not again!

16. *Emsie*

Omg not again!

17. *Emsie*

18. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

How can they muck your wages up so often!! Baffles me!!

19. Happy Holidays

20. Happy Holidays

Apparently there is a voucher in this Thursday's Sun for £5 off a £10 shop of meat at Morrisons.

21. sparty

sparty Well-Known Member

Thanks happy! Don't forget to buy the paper yourself this time lol.

This month has hit us hard with engagement celebrations but in good news, my remortgage is all completed now and my payments are going down by £80 per month! I'm putting this away for rainy day money so any treats don't come out I our current account.