July starters support post

slimmerwithin

I noticed that Hels123 started a thread like this in June so I thought those of us starting in July could do a similar thing (hope you don't mind Hels).

Would be a great place to share our experiences at least over the first month and maybe beyond to help and encourage each other. Perhaps share tips, meal ideas, ways to stay on track and most of all encouragement and support when things might be getting a little tough (not saying they will but just in case).

So if you are starting or restarting your journey in July please jump on board. Can't wait to make some new friends.

Amanda

I will kick us off. I am starting my slim and save journey tomorrow and boy have I invested heavily in this. I have bought two months of 4 a day as I am going to France for the summer so have had to stock up before I go. Nearly £300 yikes! That's commitment for you.

I have about 6 1/2 stone to lose and am hoping to do that by Christmas. Got friends round for lunch today and then tomorrow is the day. A little bit apprehensive about getting into ketosis this week as I have a very busy week, but I keep putting it off and can always find an excuse not to do it. So any support from you lovely people would be great.

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi Amanda, I will also be starting this week - ordered the packs yesterday so as soon as they arrive I'm in it! I've just ordered the sample pack for now as I've never done a VLCD before and I'm really not sure what I'll like!

I'm looking to lose around 3-4stone (depending on what my starting weight is and how I feel when I get closer to goal), I would also like to have achieved this by Christmas.

Enjoy your lunch with your friends today, will look forward to hear how you get on tomorrow :)

Clareel

X

I started on Friday , 2 days earlier than originally planned .. Had a mini moment where I was thinking "it's been easy might have a treat tonight" not had my daughter all weekend so excited to see her !!

BUT

Coming on here, reminding myself its 1st July.. It's so not worth it !!

July I'm ready for you :) x

Hi all, started today. Was doing LT but swapping to s&s. I'm going to do the 4 a day, anyone else doing this. I find three isn't enough. I have been sucessfull losing weight on a vlcd(LL) but need to address the re-introduction of food as I've put a lot of the weight back on. Really want this to be the last time for the long haul.

I'd like to lose 21lbs in July.

Hi all, I'm restarting again tomorrow, hoping to lose a stone in July and that'll be me finished with slim and save, really hope I can stick to it for a month.

Good luck to everyone xx

Good Luck ladies!

our June thread has been sooooo supportive, go July starters!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome on board girls it's great to have you.

Well friends have just left just stuffed myself stupid which is really stupid because I now know that the next few days will be much worse due to the carb hangover I will have. I had decided to go slowly and cut out all sugar about 10 days ago but the old all or nothing thinking slipped back in you know the "I can't have cake/chocolate etc for the next six months so. Will eat a whole bath load today grrrrrrr. Even as I write it it sounds so stupid I have put another 4lb on over the last few days with this attitude as if I didnt have enough to lose already.

Oh well. That's done now. Looking forward I have written a list of affirmations which I will read twice a day, every day and any time I want to stray off plan. Reasons why I want to lose weight. Here goes

Health

I will be able to walk without pain
I will be able to play football with my grandchildren
I will see my grandchildren get married and have babies
I am much less likely to die young
I am much less likely to suffer a heart attack or a stroke
I will be able to travel and see the world much easier with less pain
I am much less likely to need knee or hip replacements
I will be able to cycle with peter
My thighs won't rub any more
I will live longer

Appearance

I will be able to wear fashionable clothes
I will feel more sexy
I will be able to wear a bikini without feeling self conscious of my weight
I will be able shop for clothes with ease
I will be able to wear jeans
I will be able to wear heels
I will be able to dance without feeling self conscious
I will not need to worry whether the seatbelt will fasten on an airplane

Psychological

I will feel more confident
I will feel I have achieved something marvellous
I will feel more able to ask for what I want
I will feel Better inside my self so I don't have to rely on others praise to make me feel good
I'll be less self critical
I'll be more assertive
I'll get more compliments
I will be more attractive

Anyone else prepared to share theirs. Every time we want to eat something off plan we can remind ourselves and each other of why we are doing this.

Tomorrow morning is d day. I know getting through the first few days can be tough but I will check on here and remember all of these reasons why I need to stick to plan

Hi Mandy. I think I a, going to do a mixture of 4 and 3 a day. 3 a day and protein when eating with friends but I am going to stick with 4 a day for the first week so I get into ketosis as quick as possible. I think having a meal two or three times a week will help with reseeding. However, if I find it too difficult not to cheat I will stick to 4 a day.

Half way through day 1 and doing ok. Had a couple of mishaps, did my breakfast shake this morning and lid flew odds so lost about 1/3 of it. Ahhh! Had another shake for lunch and was still v hungry at 2.30 so I had mushroom pasta (not my favourite) with fried mushrooms in fry light added some soy sauce and after I had added it I realised it had sugar as one of the top ingredients! Hope that is not going to prolong the ketosis by another day? I had less than a tsp - oh we'll if it does then so be it.

How are all you other July starters doing?

Looks like I am on this one on my own. Oh well I will use it as a sort of diary. Had a fifth pack tonight bit annoyed with myself as I want really hungry just bored and felt like I wanted to eat. I know this will increase my calorie count, but does anyone know if it will slow getting into ketosis down for me. I am a very big girl ie nearly 17st so heavier than most men I know so will having five packs be detrimental to my weight loss?

If any July starters want to hop aboard please feel free

Hi :) I am starting tomorrow. I did start a couple of weeks ago but only did a week!
Going on hols for a week on 14th July so was going to wait till after that but I might as well lose some lbs before I go, come off plan while away and then get straight back on it when I get home.
I hope to then keep on plan until my 40th at the end of August. I don't really have a target weight yet - just see how it goes.
Here's to a fresh start :) xxx

Looks like I am on this one on my own. Oh well I will use it as a sort of diary. Had a fifth pack tonight bit annoyed with myself as I want really hungry just bored and felt like I wanted to eat. I know this will increase my calorie count, but does anyone know if it will slow getting into ketosis down for me. I am a very big girl ie nearly 17st so heavier than most men I know so will having five packs be detrimental to my weight loss?

If any July starters want to hop aboard please feel free

Hi hun your not on your own. I'm still here. Day 1 was great had 2 shakes and 2 soups. Day 2 I'm having major hunger pangs but managed to busy myself and had 2 shakes and 2 soups again. Day 3 I am anticipating being the worst, I'm prepared for it. Hopefully day 4 and ketosis will kick in......fingers crossed

Good for you Mandy. I am on day 2 and it's barely nine o'clock already starving and got a headache yuk! Roll on day 4

Hey guys I'm here too :) yesterday was a false start, I had a funeral so it wasn't the best day as my head was all
Over the place. So day 1 today.... I'm excited :) trying to hold off as long as possible for my first pack! Think I'll have scrambled eggs for my brekkie :)
How's everyone else feeling?

Just watched this truly inspirational video. Oh by god how humbling if this guy can do it we certainly can. Every time we are thinking of giving up or we have a blip we could remember him keeping trying again and again - never give up ladies x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&sns=em

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Hi guys, well done on your first few days. My packs have arrived this morning but I didn't think they were going to come until tomorrow so I had a normal breakfast. I'm going to get a shaker today from Argos and then start tomorrow :)

I ordered the sample pack and seem to have got a good mix of things so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in now!

Good luck for today guys, will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

X

Hi all :)
Day 1 going ok so far. Will see how I feel later!
Hope you're all doing ok today xx

slimmerwithin said:
Just watched this truly inspirational video. Oh by god how humbling if this guy can do it we certainly can. Every time we are thinking of giving up or we have a blip we could remember him keeping trying again and again - never give up ladies x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&sns=em

Sent from my iPhone

That video is really inspiring :)
Day 1 going good for me too, so far had scrambled eggs and a spicy spag- looking forward to mushroom pasta and a shake tonight :)

Keeping going girls only another day or so until ketosis kicks in x

Back