Jumping on the New Year bandwagon!

snowflakes

Hi folks!

My name is Fiona, I'm 27 years old, a student, from London.

Throughout my teens and early twenties I had an eating disorder and very unhealthy relationship with food. I nearly dropped out of uni because of it, which was a turning point and I gave recovery a good shot. Since then I would say my relationship with food is much healthier, but my weight has slowly crept up to a point where I'm definitely overweight. I see photos of myself and hate them, but I've been scared to intentionally try to lose weight in case I fall back into my old disordered mindset. I would rather be overweight and happy than underweight and miserable... but what would be best would be a healthy weight and healthy mind!

So I've joined this site to try and help me stay accountable, to lose a bit of weight/improve my diet & fitness, and to hopefully offer support and make friends in the process :) I'm currently 170 lbs at 5'7, so BMI 26.6. I'd like to get down to around 130 lbs, BMI 20.4 - although I'd rather go on how I look and feel than sticking rigidly to certain numbers.

I plan to just eat a healthier diet - I've stopped eating much fruit & veg and don't cook for myself as often as I should, so I'm going to try and get back to healthier recipes rather than processed snacks and ready meals. I also want to increase my exercise, currently the aim is for 30 mins 5x per week.

I graduate in July of this year and I'd really love to look at the photos and not have them spoiled by thinking how horrible I look!

And in the spirit of not getting too obsessed with chat about food and weight, some other things I love include acting & theatre, snowboarding, cats, reading, and the BBC's Sherlock (OK, I'm a bit in love with Benedict Cumberbatch!). I'm looking forward to getting to know people here :) Good luck with your journeys!

Hi Fiona
Just joined today and like you I have not had a great relationship with food ! Lol not liking what I see in the mirror just now. Not looking to loss lots of weight just enough to be comfy in my own skin . Joined here for advice and support. Looking to getting back to my SW books as was successful in the past. And not to dwell on losing weight, like reading my kindle, movies, powerhoop class and just seen Sherlock advertised and looking to give it a look ! Lol
Good luck

Thanks for your replies, guys!

diet4ever - Sounds like we're in a similar boat! If you ever need any support just hit me up. Ooh, I got a kindle for Xmas, any good book recommendations?
Erin31811 - It sounds like so much, doesn't it? I think the trick is to break it into smaller goals. Right now I'm just aiming for 160lbs. I like Dr Who as well, but I've only recently got into it, so I'm working my way through the series' - I'm still on the tenth doctor at the moment. Who's your favourite?

Hi guys, im new too.on day 4 an already started looking at all the xmas goodies ive locked away...ive got a kindle an if ya type in the search bar at top free books there is some brill reads f nothing.
Anyways good luck an heres t a slimmer us in 2014:D:D:D:D

Hello and welcome fiona x

Back